The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

This fight was made on 11 days?

Dude was like 220lBs and the fight was made on 11 day notice huh?

Not calling Nate a top guy per se in he's Elite but, circumstance man. Conor could be fighting the #19 p4p ranked guy who the UFC miraculously made a #2 contender etc.

We never see that in UFC, it's always the best fighting the best. This single fight doesn't define that

Point is Dana def lost another one of his golden geese.

Pettis would've been the smarter play for Conor.

Glad to see Nate with the win to shut the mcgregor fan boys, but kinda sad to see mcgregor lose the aura he has. He had so many good match ups that just doesn't seem as interesting now. Hopefully he'll bounce back and maybe even move to a real camp.

You really comparing boxing to MMA?
roll.gif
you know moments like these bring out the casuals

I agree they are not the same at all. But my point being attaining such a long standing undefeated streak in a combat sport is very difficult

Time to finally join this thread. A couple of my takeaways from tonight:

Nunes is weirdly cute.

Filthy Tom was robbed. Especially with it being a unanimous decision. I get that Anderson is the up and comer though so not surprised by that booking lol.

Latifi deserved to win, but the sounds coming off Villante's kicks were ridiculous. Even when blocked, I wouldn't want to be kicked by that man.

My #WCW Miesha shocked the world including myself. Holly looked prepared in warm ups, but not all that good during the game. However, she would've won the fight had Miesha not go for broke in the end. Fight of the night.

Lastly, my man McGregor done got too cocky. Thought he could take all of Diaz' jabs and paid the price for it. He looked like a beast in Round 1, but I hope he learns to keep his hands up no matter who the competitor is. Can't just be taking another world class athletes punches like that smh.

Great card though, every fight delivered!

The ufc did it with lesner. Record is 1-1 then fought Couture for the championship.
ill never forgive them for that ****.. reflected very poorly on the sport.. fortunately cain saved us
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Conor ain't finished tho. Let's make that clear. Ain't too many Diaz's walking around.
Especially if Conor goes back down in weight.

That match up was all bad,
Stand and trade with the Diaz boys, nah. Plan B

Back
Top Bottom