The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Breh, that's the first time I seen that ish. Wut

The sport deserves a rematch of Khabib and RDA. They paying Alavarez too much most likely that's why they gave him the shot. I'm not mad at Alvarez but it's a waste of a title fight at this point

It was kind of the fight to make though.

Khabib has been on shelf for 2 years. Did a win over a UFC newcomer really tell us anything.

I still want the Ferguson fight. But Dana mentioned Ramadan (I think....) as something that might prevent it in late May.

So if that's the case, and Khabib isn't going to fight in the next few months anyway, then I guess him fighting the winner of RDA/Alvarez makes sense.

“I know and I feel my body needs rest,” he said. “In June at the beginning of Ramadan, I want to rest a little bit and come back in September or October. But I think if the UFC wants to make a very smart decision for New York, New York has a couple million people who speak Russian. I’m famous in New York, I think. I can fight in New York. But now, I think I deserve a little bit of rest (after) my comeback."

looks like he's planning for nov 12

It was kind of the fight to make though.

Khabib has been on shelf for 2 years. Did a win over a UFC newcomer really tell us anything.

I still want the Ferguson fight. But Dana mentioned Ramadan (I think....) as something that might prevent it in late May.

So if that's the case, and Khabib isn't going to fight in the next few months anyway, then I guess him fighting the winner of RDA/Alvarez makes sense.
Yeah it was due to the circumstances. Alvarez has done very little to get a title shot IMO. He got lucky with all the injuries

I don't think he beat Gil to begin with and his performance against pettis was a snooze fest

Khabibs performance was merely to prove his body is back. Seeing how he moved leads me to believe he would have given any lightweight problems last night. Conor needs to stay far away from the division

Last edited:
khabib is so damn violent on the ground. dude is active as hell and constantly dishing out punishment. i think he has the best GNP since fedor.

his knee on belly was nasty as ****. he was sinking that **** deep into horcher's appendix 
sick.gif
 had horcher constantly giving his back to alleviate the pain. something subtle that most fighters doesn't do but is so effective. dude is such a savage on the ground.

i want to see if uber RDA can take out khabib.

dat combat sambo 
pimp.gif
 wish more of those dudes and even the chicks would transition to MMA. the women's UFC division would be ******.

Last edited:
Gotta give Horcher props for fighting someone like Khabib on 9 days notice.. that's some balls

I think champ RDA beats Khabib....

feel like RDA grown alot since the loss...

either way, thats the fight at lightweight right now....

RDA better take care of biz with eddie

^ most def

if RDA beats eddie, thats the start of a damn good run at champ

khabib is an amazing grappler....but i think once someone figures that piece of it out he's pretty beatable.

His stand up is ok, nothing to crazy...the dood only has a 64" inch reach so hes not going to be beating anybody to the punch, he got that lunging uppercut he likes the throw tho

Hes alot about breaking ppl....

if RDA can stop the takedown and wear him down by the 2 or 3rd...he can begin to pick him apart on the feet

if khabib cant get the takedown and/or hold RDA, hes going to keep trying and trying and trying...hell empty the take to get 1 double leg.

Its probably one of the hardest puzzles to figure out in all of MMA right now, this doods grappling...its impressive to watch, game changing

its all a matter of time until everyone catches up and figures it out.

Khabib's win was impressive no doubt, but lets be honest, he was supposed to win this fight, easily and he did.

I would love to see him fight tony to gauge both guys and see where they both stand.....but a TS for khabib is probably even more satisfying for me at least.

glad lightweight is poppin again, pettis had that **** backed up for over a year

Last edited:
I think rda will try to blitz through him before the guy can even go for takedowns. Like someone said before he's the best pressure fighter in the sport.

Wishing Dos Anjos and Khabib fight in NY. Fingers crossed. Been a fan of Alvarez since Bodog but I just don't see him winning. I hope RDA's foot healed 100%.

if khabib cant get the takedown and/or hold RDA, hes going to keep trying and trying and trying...hell empty the take to get 1 double leg.

Its probably one of the hardest puzzles to figure out in all of MMA right now, this doods grappling...its impressive to watch, game changing
one thing about stopping khabib's takedown, aside from just being at a really high level, is the multifaceted nature of sambo. he can shoot in like a freestyle wrestler, trip and toss like a judoka, and suplex like greco-roman wrestler. extremely versatile and difficult to stop from distance or up close, high or low.

once he's got you down, it's downhill from there. it's a slow, grueling process of getting the **** beat out of you. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Honest question has khabib ever even been in a close fight? I can't recall anyone getting close or even being competitive

Dude is a legit cyborg it's just difficult imagining him getting worn down unless his knee isn't fully healed

Back
Top Bottom