The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Sort of off topic of fights,

But has anyone here checked out or trained at a UFC Gym? One of the official UFC Branded gyms they're opening everywhere?

There's one opening 6 minutes from my work and I really want to get back into a real martial arts gym, cause right now I'm at California Family Fitness hitting the punching bag and using their equipment to work out and keep my striking fresh.

My worries are that it would be too packed or overpriced.
I'm hoping they price your membership based on if you're taking any classes or just using the equipment / gym.

The UFC gyms are franchises, so you'll want to research who is running the programs and what they actually do in the way of instruction. I have a coworker that goes to one and they are very hands off with the majority of the classes being more fitness oriented.

The UFC gyms are franchises, so you'll want to research who is running the programs and what they actually do in the way of instruction. I have a coworker that goes to one and they are very hands off with the majority of the classes being more fitness oriented.

That's disappointing. You can get that at any other gym. :smh:

I'm mainly interested in using the open gym, meeting some other fighters and sparring / hitting pads with some experienced people. Might take a class or two if they look good.

I'm worried it'd just be a bunch of 15 year olds who don't know what they're doing in there and no experienced fighters. That sounds bad, but if I'm just going to be hitting a bag by myself I can do that at the gym I'm at now ya know?

No UFC fighter is winning in a "boxing" match against top 5 talent.

I remember a few years back watching mma fighters competing in some k-1 kickboxing matches and doing pretty good. Definitely surprised me.

If you watch enough combat sports you realize, to say something would "never" happen, is absurd.

Basically.

Doubt the fight even happens but Conor is much bigger than Floyd and he has thunder in his left hand.

I'd give him like a 3% chance to win, :lol:

No doubt floyd would try to have the fight at the lowest weight possible. Hasn't floyd come in over weight on purpose in order to not be so drained? Or maybe it was a different fighter who uses that tactic.

If kicks, knees and elbows were allowed would Conor have a decent chance? I was having that discussion the other day with a coworker. I still think Floyd wins by decision

If kicks, knees and elbows were allowed would Conor have a decent chance? I was having that discussion the other day with a coworker. I still think Floyd wins by decision

if it's anything other than just boxing, an mma fighter would have the advantage imo. Floyd doesn't know how to defend kicks knees and elbows

Shoulder Roll wont work against leg kicks, body kicks, spinning kicks etc and boxing head movement would run right into head kicks n knees

Last edited:
I mean it's not that far fetched. Floyd is none has a defensive fighter. His head movements and more importantly slips would be able to be used to defend against kicks and knees

lol no way man

just get this ****** on the ropes and thai clinch/knee him till hes done....you cant run away from that lol

too many weapons floyd has no defense for, spinning back kick to the body, front kick to the body/face, flying knees, all that spinning ****, OBLIQUE KICK , lol dood this aint even plausible.....and you think flloyd going to be throwin "kicks and elbows" back....

lol and with that shoulder roll, got the left hand ALL THE WAY down........HEAD KICK

boxing defense works for punches. period.

so how does floyd win, KNOCKOUT? :rofl:

you think he just gonna dance and run the whole fight and win?

lol yall wildin

Last edited:
BRA you must be trollin :rofl:

I mean it's not that far fetched. Floyd is none has a defensive fighter. His head movements and more importantly slips would be able to be used to defend against kicks and knees

How old are you?

Floyd is getting killed by Conor is any form of combat sports besides boxing

Grappling, kickboxing, wrestling, BJJ, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
lol no way man

just get this ****** on the ropes and thai clinch/knee him till hes done....you cant run away from that lol

too many weapons floyd has no defense for, spinning back kick to the body, front kick to the body/face, flying knees, all that spinning ****, OBLIQUE KICK , lol dood this aint even plausible.....and you think flloyd going to be throwin "kicks and elbows" back....

lol and with that shoulder roll, got the left hand ALL THE WAY down........HEAD KICK

lol yall wildin

This was discussed earlier. If it were an MMA fight, we're assuming that Floyd is training MMA right?

I never said anything about winning, I just think he would have a shot

^ im talking ol boy who said "elbows and kicks are allowed"

but either way, its pretty far fetched bro....

but its all good....i say dumb **** all the time....

Last edited:
I rarely even post and when I do it's in here, you're not special, relax.

Conor did nothing against Nate?

Might wanna go back and watch that 1st round again because Conor destroyed Nate on the feet.

Nate took over once Conor gassed in the 2nd, Floyd would've been killed in that 1st round.

Even if Conor had to turn into a panic wrestler against Floyd there is 0 risk on the ground.

Only person Floyd is submitting is women via punches, he can't even tap any of his children, let alone a high level MMA fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol no way man

lol yall wildin

This was discussed earlier. If it were an MMA fight, we're assuming that Floyd is training MMA right?

I never said anything about winning, I just think he would have a shot

Unless the fight is 3 years out from announcement to allow Floyd to train MMA enough to have semi-decent defense against grappling / kicks / elbows, he still wouldn't stand a solid chance at all.

Conor has been practicing his kicks and other strikes for years, figuring out how to get them past basic defenses.

^ im talking ol boy who said "elbows and knees are allowed"

but either way, its pretty far fetched bro....

but its all good....i say dumb **** all the time....

Everyone gon have their opinions on this but it's whatever. It's never gon happen.

Its sad because there's dudes legitimately out there who think the fight is happening

lol dude overwhelming supporting evidence is not an opinion.

chill out take the L and learn something new today.

Last edited:
I rarely even post and when I do it's in here, you're not special, relax.

Conor did nothing against Nate?

Might wanna go back and watch that 1st round again because Conor destroyed Nate on the feet.

Nate took over once Conor gassed in the 2nd, Floyd would've been killed in that 1st round.

Even if Conor had to turn into a panic wrestler against Floyd there is 0 risk on the ground.

Only person Floyd is submitting is women via punches, he can't even tap any of his children, let alone a high level MMA fighter.

:lol: word. Do you homie.

I'm well aware of what he "did" to Nate. Punches that landed and did nothing. Against a MMA fighter who practices boxing. On 11 days notice. Now what about what Nate did to Conor? Short, accurate punches.

We talking a WORLD CLASS boxer, who some say is the greatest of all time. And y'all giving him ZERO shot? Get all the way the **** outta here G.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom