The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

That's what's Werdum gets for playing around too much leading to this fight. Maybe he'll stop making those dumbass faces

Stipe is what this HW division needs. Someone a little younger who is active.

Stipe a fiancé :pimp:

Werdum gonna feel bad when he wakes up from that. Rushing in all clumsy like that
mean.gif

Overconfidence is a mother. He wasn't running in on Mark Hunt or even Travis Browne like that. Underestimated his opponent and got a well deserved L

Last edited:
Stipe a fiancé :pimp:
Thought I was the only one. Ryan Marie Carney, she's a RN too. Highlight of all the Embedded videos.

Reem's chin (or rather lack thereof) will show up sooner or later.
His chin is definitely eroded, but this new Overeem may be able to survive by fighting smarter. Reem's corner has him fighting extremely intelligently and cautiously. While still taking advantage of his kickboxing and G&P.

Heavyweight about to be a revolving door for the title. I would easily favor Cain against Stipe. JDS already owns a victory over Miocic, although I wouldn't be mad if you scored the first fight 3-2 in Stipe's favor. Close bout for sure.

What was Werdum thinking strategically? Rafael Cordeiro definitely consciously improved his stand-up, as well as RDA's and Dariush's, but Werdum had to be crazy to believe he had the striking or power advantage against Stipe. Had it been a matter of grappling, sure be excessively confident. But kickboxing? No, you recently caught fans' attention with your striking. Cain underestimated you, then you proceed to do the same to Miocic. Some subscribe to the belief that a fighter isn't a true champion until they successfully defend the belt.

Does this mean RDA is about to get put to sleep by Alvarez? :nerd:
Na only the fans get put to sleep by Alvarez :lol:
I don't believe Eddie's the one either. Alvarez's Bellator wars with Chandler are definitely appreciated and he showed me a lot avenging his embarrassing loss to Aoki, but he has not looked impressive since joining the UFC. Eddie was lighting up Cowboy early but faded as the fight progressed. He barely/questionably defeated Gil and Showtime. Not sure how that constitutes merit for a title shot but OK, Dana.

Edit: Plus Alvarez is more of a volume boxer like the Diaz brothers, and not known for being a KO artist. But hey, you never know, all it takes is one well-placed punch in combat sports.

Last edited:
Sad Werdum Face..

I feel like this is how Aldo v McGregor would've gone down if their fight were longer. But glad to see Shogun, Jacare, Lil Nog, and Maia get their W's

Body is ready for my boy Garbrandt to put in work in 2 weeks. Gonna take Almeida's 0. Then title shot against Cruz to avenge Faber's 199 loss.

Couple quick notes from last night:
I do believe George Lockhart will have trouble getting Cyborg down to 135 against Ronda, Holly, or Miesha (the trio of big names at women's bantamweight). She looked emaciated at the 198 weigh-ins like McGregor has in the past with the 145 cut.

I want Phil Davis byke in the UFC. He definitely fought Rashad and Rumble timidly, but he's won 3 in a row in Bellator. Owns wins over Alex Gus, Boetsch, Machida, and Glover. The L to Bader is slightly questionable, but some similarly contest Davis' victory over Machida. "Mr. Wonderful" has a strong wrestling base with solid jiu-jitsu. It's his striking that has been the opposite of fluid, awkward and unclean.

Back
Top Bottom