The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Hopefully McGeary spares us the pain of seeing Davis back in the UFC :lol:
Even better if we get the LHW title this Fall in New York (Barclays). Davis' style is far from exciting, I get it. And he'll never be a world-class striker, but I've been riding with him since the wrestling days at PSU.

Why'd you have to remind me of that awful Machida/Davis fight?

:lol:
Since I brought his name up, Lyoto Machida really has nothing left to prove in the sport. His legacy is likely tarnished with the banned substance news, but he was unfortunately looking washed anyway. Rushed back way too quickly to take the Romero fight after the Rockhold beatdown. Shame because Machida showed me a lot in Rounds 4 and 5 against Weidman, almost stormed back to dethrone Weidman. Lyoto, Marquardt, J-Lau are all guys who should stop fighting and transition to coaching if they can't leave the sport or find passion after combat.

Stipe with that power !!! Can't believe he was slept on leading up to the fight.

Werdum's gameplan still got me scratching my head.. He underestimated Stipe's footwork... And prob power to lol

I've been riding with him since the wrestling days at PSU.
Real recognize real
pimp.gif

Why'd you have to remind me of that awful Machida/Davis fight?

:lol:
Since I brought his name up, Lyoto Machida really has nothing left to prove in the sport. His legacy is likely tarnished with the banned substance news, but he was unfortunately looking washed anyway. Rushed back way too quickly to take the Romero fight after the Rockhold beatdown. Shame because Machida showed me a lot in Rounds 4 and 5 against Weidman, almost stormed back to dethrone Weidman. Lyoto, Marquardt, J-Lau are all guys who should stop fighting and transition to coaching if they can't leave the sport or find passion after combat.

Yea, he should just call it a career, honestly.

Dude was always my favorite fighter, his KO reel is unreal.

KO'd Rashad while Rashad was telling him that he hit like a ***** ( :lol: ), the Thiago Silva KO @ the buzzer and the crane kick to Randy... :pimp:

I really thought he was going to destroy Weidman in that fight, too.

I hope he still gets in the HOF someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
these guys playing hot potato with the heavyweight belt

I read last week that the ufc hw title has never been defended 3xin a row. So crazy to think about considering how long the belt has been around but you're also reminded it's difficult to keep the belt when you fight giants.

Last edited:
I read last week that the ufc hw title has never been defended 3xin a row. So crazy to think about considering how long the belt has been around but you're also reminded it's difficult to keep the belt when you fight giants.

Also doesn't help that the division has historically been dominated by older veterans IMO.

Thad why I'm glad to see someone like stipe hold the belt. He's a little younger and he's active as well

Just think about how clumsy and honestly terrible some of the heavyweights are from Browne to Struve.  You've got these massively tall dudes that might be able to end a fight with one shot, but are also barely coordinated enough to walk and talk at the same time.

these guys playing hot potato with the heavyweight belt

:lol: man forreal

lets see how long stipe can keep it going, even though he lostthe JDS fight, I knew homeboi was foreal...

like mentioned...its good to finally see a younger HW aka someone with a decent chin

werdum fell just like aldo tho....that **** looked like a tree :wow:

jacare tho :smokin

finally going to get that belt ...

luke better make quick work of chris, aint no body tryna see these doods fight AGAIN.

Not even sure why chris is getting a rematch in the first place, dood got finished twice in the last fight.

great card tho

Last edited:

Real recognize real
pimp.gif
Ive had drinks with Mr Wonderful :pimp: shoutout to the Den

I dont want him in the UFC doe. hahah hes improved but his striking is MEH hell never put on an exciting show, still very much a wrestler.

akward is a perfect description of his striking. not natural at all

Also doesn't help that the division has historically been dominated by older veterans IMO.

Thad why I'm glad to see someone like stipe hold the belt. He's a little younger and he's active as well

Cain was 28 when he won the title the first time.

Ive had drinks with Mr Wonderful :pimp: shoutout to the Den

I dont want him in the UFC doe. hahah hes improved but his striking is MEH hell never put on an exciting show, still very much a wrestler.

akward is a perfect description of his striking. not natural at all
Den was the spot man. As soon as midnight hit, I would leave whatever place I was at and head straight there. Those final two hours were always lit

Would love to see Werdum rematch JDS next

Give Reem his title shot now

HW division has turned out to be very interesting, happy to see it like this

Last edited:

Would love to see Werdum rematch JDS next

Give Reem his title shot now

HW division has turned out to be very interesting, happy to see it like this
Yes it has and sadly i dont see any of them holding the belt long. If Cain comes back healthy and back in form he can do it. 

Lets not forget about the inevitable move up of Bones too

I think if cormier was still at heavyweight he would be able to defend 2-3 times. I don't think he had beef with jones before he moved down so jones wouldn't have moves up right away to take it from him.

As much as JDS is a likeable guy, truth be told, he's washed up for a MMA fighter.

He looked pretty damn good against Rothwell. Again with Dorea he's a different fighter. Just looked out of his element without him against the Reem.

And well Cain with his wrestling will always be have the Drumpf card on JDS.

Styles make fights. JDS can very well ascend back to champion, but it wouldn't be a long reign if it does happen.

Back
Top Bottom