The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Conor made a very pointed comment on being forced to vacate the belt

He said the belt would be devalued if they gave it to the guy who was ko'd in 13 seconds and that the division would go to the prelims. He asked Dana why they'd want to do that

As inaccurate as that statement might be, it proves that there's going to be a power struggle between he and Dana sooner than later

Conor wants to parade as a champion while not ever defending the belt, Dana already laid down an ultimatum. Conor just said he's worked hard to parlay this power and the position he's in, he doesn't plan on vacating the belt

Edit: also sometimes they get weird about posting gifs, especially ppv cards, we don't usually post them for that reason
That's unfortunate and I'm a Conor fan. You just cant leave the division, while holding the belt, to go and fight possibly 3 times in other weight divisions. Scheduling wise I just don't know how they can make it work. Conor and Nate part 3 next? Or Conor goes back down to 145 to defend the fw title before his rematch with Nate?

If Edgar had won the Interim Belt, I think Conor would have been more open to defending the title in his next fight. Unless they bring in a couple Brinks trucks full of cash, I just don't see how they convince him to fight Josie.

If Edgar had won the Interim Belt, I think Conor would have been more open to defending the title in his next fight. Unless they bring in a couple Brinks trucks full of cash, I just don't see how they convince him to fight Josie.

money talks
depending on how much power dana still has, he would probably strip conor of the belt if he doesnt defend it

Last edited:
Conor was open to fighting Aldo or Edgar but he claims he wanted to see them really go out and get a definitive win

I don't believe Conor wants Nate right away he's repeated that a few times. He wants a fresh challenge

Realistically all things considered he will either rematch Aldo (while getting paid perhaps over 10 million or so) or fight Alvarez for the 155 belt

That's just Conor talking I feel. I just don't see how he can mentally pump himself up to fight someone he put to sleep in 13 seconds.

I think Alvarez at 155 is next at MSG. Jimmies shall be rustled everywhere when it's announced.

Yeah my Jimmies will remain rustled as long as the UFC continues to support this farce of marketing a champ who refuses to risk losing his belt while continuing to fight

During the fight intro on sat, why did I need to know that conor was a champ? It wasn't in any way relevant to the fight and it certainly didn't mention that he's not the 170 lb champ

Last edited:
If Conor vacates his belt getting a shot at 155 wouldn't be bad

It's probably his real weight class anyway although he still claims he can make 145 no problem especially with his new nutritionist

Eddie going to employ that Pettis game plan lol. Eddies literally been saying since day 1 that he would wrestle him to death. I don't expect bellator brawler Eddie if he faces Conor

Last edited:
Cowherd with the ignorant hyperbole. I posted fights that were better a page or two ago from the last year.

Do you remember when Robbie spit the blood out prior to the round he destroyed Rory's nose in? He was losing that fit. Rory was going to become champion if he didn't throw that Hail Mary. Those two gave it everything they had.

It was the same in the JJ/Gadhella fight. JJ was losing going into the third. She had to summon everything to reverse her fortune. She did. She put on one of the greatest striking clinics women MMA had ever seen.

Cowherd ignored Nate pressing the gas late in the second. And taking it into the third where he absolutely dominated Conor. He acts like the Diaz Brothers aren't known for their extraordinary cardio. If anything, Nate should've turned it on sooner in the second. We'd be standing here today saying he was the winner. Everyone keeps acting like the knock downs weren't partially from the leg kicks (not taking anything from Conor's power). Or might have been a wily ruse to get McGregor on the ground.

And boxing isn't dead. C'mon. Four million PPV buys for Mayweather/Paq shows that. Just like this fight shows there is interest in MMA. Give the people a compelling fight and fighters they care about and they'll show up.

I rewatched the knockdowns, I feel they were legit, no playing possum by Nate

I've seen rda and Johnson leg kick Nate but they didn't knock him down with their boxing

It was a shock to see him go down like that and so soon into the fight, leg kicks or not

Last edited:
MMAfighting has a video of Irish fans reacting to Conor's win in a bar. Pretty hyped.

Also TriStar has a video breakdown of the fight on YouTube if anyone is interested.

Also I thought it was funny when Mike Rappaport was talking to Brendan Schaub and Brendan said MMA needs less black eyes and more black guys lol.

From what I saw those were real knockdowns but not the "lights out" type but more of his legs gave up. If Nate was baiting Conor to go to the ground with him then it certainly backfired.

That Cowboy combo reminded me of Aldo's in this fight.

23h10xw_jpg_medium.gif

Just watched the Conor-Diaz fight last night and Conor definitely won. Nate should have turned it on earlier in the 2nd and then after that flurry at the end of the 3rd he started slowing in the 4th. Great fight overall though.

Sure hope they force Conor to either defend the fw belt by end 2016 to 1st qtr 2017 or they should strip him.

Conor hopefully moves back down to 145 so Aldo will get his strap back.
The salt mine will continue to be open for business

Also give Brandon Shaub credit.. He told rogan that conor would win by decision. I doubt many people had anyone winning by decision. Gsp is one of the other few who picked Conor

marcellus on sportsnation said it was one of the best fights he's seen in years. Someone show him and cowherd lawler-rory 2 or lawler-condit.

Why y'all so defensive about what other viewers feel was their best fight experience? Let these sports enthusiasts live in this moment. The more they talk about the UFC, the better in my opinion.

for a fight that had so much hype, i do think this one delivered. it made it very enjoyable.

but that lawler-rory bloodbath was definitely the wildest and best fight for me personally

Why y'all so defensive about what other viewers feel was their best fight experience? Let these sports enthusiasts live in this moment. The more they talk about the UFC, the better in my opinion.

Because they missin' out. Those 2 lawler fights don't even get attention from general fans and it's a shame because those fighters left part of their souls in the cage that fight.

Back
Top Bottom