The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

If I'm Dana that's how I want this Triple Threat to end with Showtime as the champion.

Showtime vs. Notorious. New King of 145 vs. Opd King of 145. Old King of 155 vs. New King of 155.

That'd be a barn burner

Do they really need an interim title fight if Aldo is going to be the official champion? I'm a little confused on that or am I missing the obvious..

It's such a joke they're making the pettis Holloway for the interim title then smh

I was sitting there trying to honestly figure it out like seeing if Aldo got hurt and I wasn't aware

Last edited:
Do they really need an interim title fight if Aldo is going to be the official champion? I'm a little confused on that or am I missing the obvious..

Missing the obvious. It's all about marketing. Pettis-Holloway for the Interim Title as the new 206 main event is a better sell than Pettis-Holloway for the Number 1 Contendership.

Then on top of that the UFC is going to have a rough first quarter of the year on PPV. Conor is out. Bones is suspended. Stipe is on vacay. DC tore his groin. So now with rhis Interim Title bout, they have at least one major ppv sell "Unification Bout fir the Undisputed Featherweight Championship" in 2017

You got to also think they're praying Honda doesn't get killed in December so they can throw her back out there in April

Max and Pettis go from a 3 round fight to a 5 round fight in a few days. I wonder how their gas tanks will hold up.

Missing the obvious. It's all about marketing. Pettis-Holloway for the Interim Title as the new 206 main event is a better sell than Pettis-Holloway for the Number 1 Contendership.

Then on top of that the UFC is going to have a rough first quarter of the year on PPV. Conor is out. Bones is suspended. Stipe is on vacay. DC tore his groin. So now with rhis Interim Title bout, they have at least one major ppv sell "Unification Bout fir the Undisputed Featherweight Championship" in 2017

You got to also think they're praying Honda doesn't get killed in December so they can throw her back out there in April
Oh no I definitely understand and knew the marketing point that was just assumed within the nature of such a ridiculous interim title match

Really sucks DC is out. Why do the AKA guys keep getting hurt?? Must be something about how they train.

Wonder when they'll try to make the khabib-Ferguson match.Thinking early 2017 as they don't have many big fights for that time yet.

pettis/holloway for the title? what a joke! :lol:
is 206 still a ppv?

Last edited:
Someone resurrect Pride please. Not that rizin bs.

uff got this huge roster and so many match-ups they can make but my interest keeps lessening. Sometimes you need more than one option to keep you from getting tired of the same ol same ol.

Last edited:
It's about time. Had a feeling this was going to happen after they made the interim announcement for the Holloway pettis fight.

For early 2017 fights it will be interesting to see if Fedor has anything left or gets destroyed by Mittrione.

I don't really care that they stripped Conor but I think it's funny they're promoting Aldo to champ when he was KO'd in 13 seconds.

Should just have Max/Pettis for the belt, IMO, let Aldo hold his fake belt and fight the winner.

Son gonna catch the same flack that DC did when JBJ was stripped.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is what it is. It's way more funny having Conor parade around with the belt when he's not ever going to fight down there again

He has made clear statements that he has no interest in it

I don't really care they they stripped Conor but I think it's funny they're promoting Aldo to champ when he was KO'd in 13 seconds.

Should just have Max/Pettis for the belt, IMO, let Aldo hold his fake belt and fight the winner.

Son gonna catch the same flack that DC did when JBJ was stripped.

But Aldo already fought Frankie for the interim belt. That fight actually makes sense.

Pettis/Holloway makes no sense for an interim or real belt.

The thing is, we all know who the 145 champ is and it's not the guy who was laid out stiff 13 seconds, regardless of you "promoting" him to champion.

It just looks bad, IMO.

Again, idc that he was stripped but just have Max/Pettis actually compete for the belt instead of promoting someone to champion, I think that's silly.

I'm gonna laugh if Conor just goes back down to 145 again, wins the belt and then immediately fights Nate right after, :lol:

The thing is, we all know who the 145 champ is and it's not the guy who was laid out stiff 13 seconds, regardless of you "promoting" him to champion.

It just looks bad, IMO.

Again, idc that he was stripped but just have Max/Pettis actually compete for the belt instead of promoting someone to champion, I think that's silly.

I'm gonna laugh if Conor just goes back down to 145 again, wins the belt and then immediately fights Nate right after, :lol:

It makes zero sense to not promote your current interim champion to the real one if the real one is stripped.

Also makes zero sense to have a fight for the real belt while you leave the interim champ the same.

Regardless of what happened to Conor/Aldo, Aldo beat Frankie at 200 who was the legitimate #1 contender for a legitimate interim title since Conor wasn't defending

Aldo the paper champion. He gonna have to hit up those buffets if he ever wants revenge on Mac

smokin.gif
laugh.gif
as if someone who refuses to defend the title isn't a paper champion
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The UFC has been doing things that make no sense for a while now, who cares?

In a sensible UFC, Conor would've fought Frankie after he beat Aldo instead of leapfrogging everyone @ 155, getting a title shot, only to have it canceled and then fight Nate @ 170... :lol:

Them just promoting Aldo to champ looks bad, no one is going to look @ him as champion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom