The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I fully believe bisping would be a handful for gsp which is weird for me to say, if i said this a year ago im sure people would have laughed at me

With that being said, make no mistake, the bigger cte risk is lawler. Don't care that bisping is bigger, lawler will inflict more damage and I believe his punch packs more

Fact is Lawler is a WW that moved down from MW.

Bisping is a MW that moved down from LHW.

Weight classes exist for a reason.

If CTE and injuries are a concern, you shouldn't be fighting either if your fighting weight was 170.

One thing no one has mentioned is the IV ban, which came in to play recently. So he legit may not be able to make 170.

That was all I asked at first. I just expected him to go back to 170 since he was champ when he stepped away.

Last edited:
Rumble!! I really wanted to see the Glover/Rumble fight.

Rumble is ridiculous. Even DC had to pause at Rumbles power. If he improves his gas tank and improves his wrestling/TDD...he's a problem. Imagine if he went to HW. But I'd be worried that those bombs would come back his way with them big boys at HW...i.e. Nelson, Hunt, Stipe, etc.

And I'm sorry. Lawler is much higher risk for brain damage than pitted patter Bisping. Rockhold didn't respect Bisping at all and got caught. Robbie crushed Rory's nose. That junk disentigrated. Robbie is pugilistic and a savage.

Last edited:
Rumble!! I really wanted to see the Glover/Rumble fight.

Rumble is ridiculous. Even DC had to pause at Rumbles power. If he improves his gas tank and improves his wrestling/TDD...he's a problem. Imagine if he went to HW. But I'd be worried that those bombs would come back his way with them big boys at HW...i.e. Nelson, Hunt, Stipe, etc.

BOGGLES my mind that he fought at welterweight......and had one fight at HW

rich clementi must brag about beating johnson at welterweight. Surprising fight. I think he made him tap from a rnc.

And I'm sorry. Lawler is much higher risk for brain damage than pitted patter Bisping. Rockhold didn't respect Bisping at all and got caught. Robbie crushed Rory's nose. That junk disentigrated. Robbie is pugilistic and a savage.

You can spin it however you want. If CTE and injuries are such a big concern, you shouldn't be fighting either.

Especially not the naturally heavier guy.

One man's pitter patter at 185 could very well = KO power at 170.

That's exactly why guys move down.

And accumulated "pitter patter" can actually do more damage than one KO shot. Especially from a bigger guy.

Bisping is fresh off a KO of a big dude. Respect or not, he floored him. Besides Rory, 3 of Robbie's last 4 were decisions.

You never know what's going to happen when a fight starts. So if getting hit by ANYONE is an issue, you shouldn't be fighting.

Last edited:
If Rory goes to Bellator, I'd love to see him against Page eventually.

We need to see him step up in comp soon.

Bellator has plenty of guys at WW that would be interesting (Bendo in there, winner or loser of Daley/Lima) that it's time.

Cyborg ain't it. At least give me Manhoef :lol:

Last edited:
gsp tryna get that belt 50% off while bisping holding it...

soon as jacare or luke take it back, joint goes back up to full MSRP...

gsp aint got that in the budget :lol:

his 2 title runs > this meek *** attempt to claim a 3rd title.

Last edited:
Lol @ today's MMA Beat. Luke Thomas called out GSP's reluctance to challenge the MW champion when it was Silva. And that he's skipping in front of the line. They also brought up the CTE, the decline after he came back from the injury (Condit, Diaz and Hendricks) and being older.

Someone posted something that GSPs latest win is more recent than Cains lol.

And Fedor going to get sacrificed if he fights in the UFC. But this is the same organization that is letting CM Punk fight against a pro lol.

Yeah GSP definitely wanted no parts of middleweight when Silva was on top. I don't necessarily blame him either but it is funny he's calling out Bisping all of a sudden. This guy Bisping is the Rodney Dangerfield of the UFC :lol:

Nah, I actually said earlier that that's the exact reason GSP wants Bisping. Just pointing out how funny it is that he wants the big money fight at middleweight with Bisping now, but never wanted it with Anderson back in the day, which would've been a WAY bigger fight than Bisping vs GSP.

And the stuff I've read says GSPs team was reaching out but the point still stands regardless, Bisping over the years has to be #1 in the UFC for getting called out by other fighters and he never even had a belt until just now :lol:. I can't even think of a close second off the top of my head who wasn't already a titleholder. He's consistently underestimated

Back
Top Bottom