The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Nate really does get it, he understands what conor has exploited and how Conor took advantage of a situation to make money only a few other were making. Nate says he was always a talker but unfortunately he didn't have the same charm due to his inability to put those witty sentences together. If Nate could have been an orator like Chael or Conor it would have been something to behold

"I just think I beat him, and I thought I could beat him the whole time," Diaz said. "I think that he's a good fighter and a good talker. It's whatever. Somebody's got to make a scene here because nobody else is. I felt like I was doing that for years and they weren't pushing it as hardcore as they're pushing him. But I think that he's a good fighter and a talker.

"That ain't no punk-*** compliment either," Diaz added. "F*ck him."

So Conor looks "graceful" in comparison to Ronda?

:lol:

Huh?

Conor fell off the horse and got right back on. Ronda fell off the horse and quit. It's a pretty straightforward comparison.

more like dana threw him back on that horse. conor tried to hold up the ufc for more money and demands after his loss and dana took his *** off of 200 and had a juiced up wwe wrestlers to take that money :lol:
it was definitely a blow to his ego and shots by the ufc that they still run this thing. ufc telling him he'll get that rematch and defending that 145 belt no matter what.

ronda has options outside of the cage and i still think the ufc would give into her demands if she ever decided to return

Last edited:
more like dana threw him back on that horse. conor tried to hold up the ufc for more money and demands after his loss and dana took his *** off of 200 and had a juiced up wwe wrestlers to take that money :lol:
it was definitely a blow to his ego and shots by the ufc that they still run this thing

ronda has options outside of the cage and i still think the ufc would give into her demands if she ever decided to return
It's a bit of both concerning the power struggle

Conor has been choosing his fights for a while so id call that power. He was testing his limits and Dana drew a line

Conor handled the loss like a fighter would. Vow revenge and point to whatever positives you can about the loss while making minor excuses

it was definitely a blow to his ego and shots by the ufc that they still run this thing

It's a bit of both concerning the power struggle

Conor has been choosing his fights for a while so id call that power. He was testing his limits and Dana drew a line

Conor handled the loss like a fighter would. Vow revenge and point to whatever positives you can about the loss while making minor excuses

he said nate got lucky, like winning the lotto
i do think conor is a fighter first and foremost, but i think he got caught up in his own celebrity status

Last edited:

:lol:

At least someone gets it. All shenanigans aside, Rousey & McGregor were the poster children til they were stopped. Conor asked for a rematch. Rhonda asked to get pregnant. Y'all take Conor Hate too far sometimes :lol:

Last edited:
That maggot fighting out of Dublin will get that work again come Saturday August 20th. His fanbase will crumble and it will be a beautiful thing to see :pimp: :pimp:

*insert Bart Scott can't wait gif here*

Last edited:
So y'all actually believe Conor is simply trying to sell the fight by highlighting what he did well coupled with minor excuses?

Y'all know he has now said he was winning all the grappling exchanges until he gassed? He managed one nice sweep...

He just sounds more delusional with each passing day when he talks about their first fight.

That maggot fighting out of Dublin will get that work again come Saturday August 20th. His fanbase will crumble and it will be a beautiful thing to see :pimp: :pimp:

*insert Bart Scott can't wait gif here*
God damn Hahahahahhaa

So y'all actually believe Conor is simply trying to sell the fight by highlighting what he did well coupled with minor excuses?

Y'all know he has now said he was winning all the grappling exchanges until he gassed? He managed one nice sweep...

He just sounds more delusional with each passing day when he talks about their first fight.
It's a combination of selling and being delusional

He's right about one thing though, his training was wrong. Also they are making it a point to do what they can to improve the gas tank

Im picking Nate in the fight. I have been wrong about the last few Conor fights. I picked Aldo and then I picked Conor to beat Nate. Let's see if I get it wrong three in a row lol

No, he's a salesman. There's got to be a reason for the audience to tune into a second fight. So he's giving them that reason. The fight wasn't even supposed to happen originally. He even said there's a possibility of a third fight if he wins. He's savvy.

Not to say Nate didn't have his fans. But the first fight obviously thrust him in the public eye. He's a bigger name than his brother. The UFC is trying to do the same with Nick.

It's a combination of selling and being delusional

He's right about one thing though, his training was wrong. Also they are making it a point to do what they can to improve the gas tank

Im picking Nate in the fight. I have been wrong about the last few Conor fights. I picked Aldo and then I picked Conor to beat Nate. Let's see if I get it wrong three in a row lol

I can understand that I suppose. I do believe that things have played out in Conor's favor this time around given the time he has had to prepare and improve his skill set. Arguably making it his fight to lose if we want to accept his delusional declarations about the first fight. And I have to say as time passes and he continues to talk he looks as bad if not worse than Aldo.

I too am picking Nate. I believe he has a better skill set in general and that McGregor will show up over emotional similar to Aldo. However, I don't think it will be a short fight.

A lot of fighters are delusional. Hell look at Nate. Before his fight with rda and benson he was saying all sorts of off base things

It's what makes them so good

I can understand that I suppose. I do believe that things have played out in Conor's favor this time around given the time he has had to prepare and improve his skill set. Arguably making it his fight to lose if we want to accept his delusional declarations about the first fight. And I have to say as time passes and he continues to talk he looks as bad if not worse than Aldo.

I too am picking Nate. I believe he has a better skill set in general and that McGregor will show up over emotional similar to Aldo. However, I don't think it will be a short fight.

Connor isn't delusional. Separate his words in his braggadocio interviews from his insightful/introspective moments and actions in the cage.

The crap that happened yesterday was all show. Premeditated on both ends. Connor intentionally showing up late. Nate leaving. And the both of them playing one up.

Going into the last fight. Connor bit off more than he could chew. Fighting two weight classes up. Taking the fight on short notice. And then picking a fight with a tough martial artist which your style would not work well against. Diaz Brothers = sharp technical boxing (volume/precision a la a Flloyd versus knock out killer), black belt BJJ from a Gracie, amazing conditioning (the guys run marathons and triathlons) and amazing durability.

Having said that, Connor was winning all into he got cracked and mentally broken.

You have to either out technical, stay on the outside or attack like GSP (jab, takedowns and G'n'P).

^didnt conor say forget the press conf and the show and wanted to focus on fighting? it was probably premeditated, but his mind is still on trying to sell the fight and trying to boost ppv numbers.

worst thing that can happen is him taking an embarrasing L and low ppv buys for 202. if he loses but still gets paid, there's consolation in that.
also, if he were to get popped for PEDs :lol:

Last edited:
When was the last time we saw such an immediate rematch for a non title fight especially a main event

Nate got Conor all hot and bothered now conors about to take this rematch for all the wrong reasons other than money

No "let me get things in order and I'll see you in the future", nope, he gotta even the score

When was the last time we saw such an immediate rematch for a non title fight especially a main event

Nate got Conor all hot and bothered now conors about to take this rematch for all the wrong reasons other than money

No "let me get things in order and I'll see you in the future", nope, he gotta even the score
When's the last time we saw a Champ go up two weight classes to fight in a non title fight?

If say Anderson lost against a hw back in the day, I wouldn't be surprised if he also asked for a rematch but it is what it is

Personally I wish Conor would stick to one division

roll.gif

the epic BJ freestyle about smoking weed and eating burritos 
nthat.gif

edit- i cant seem to find that video. it's completely gone from the net. it was BJ freestyling to a DMX song about smoking weed and eating burritos

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom