The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Mcgregor only interested in the money fights it seems

Holloway and Pettis aren't getting him that at this point. Holloways name is too small and Pettis is a shell of himself

I feel Conor can compete with anyone at lw not named khabib and rda

I see cowboy continuing to win maybe that's a fight to make down the line especially if the lw title can somehow be involved. Right now I assume Conor will come to his senses and rematch Aldo which IMO will be a classic fight this time around

the next power struggle will be Dana trying to strip conor of the belt while Conor tries to keep it and not fight Aldo

Last edited:
Give Cody the shot. Just watched his interview, he's ready for the big stage ..

Cruz wants him. Make it happen

Cowboy said he'll fight anyone at 170, white and Cowboys coaches dont want him to fight at 155 anymore. Lot of intrigue for cowboy right now

Are there any fighters who check more than a few leg kicks? It's like most think they can tough it out. They should at least throw some of their own to equal it out. I know Nate isn't a kicker. He threw a few with nothing behind them.

I don't think Diaz was exactly robbed, but he was definitely closer to finishing Conor than Conor was to finishing him. I think Big John was close to stopping it at the end of round 3.

I don't think Diaz was exactly robbed, but he was definitely closer to finishing Conor than Conor was to finishing him. I think Big John was close to stopping it at the end of round 3.

agreed
even though conor dropped nate a few times, he never went on the ground and go for the kill. most likely, fearing nates ability to fight on his back. i don't think nate was in danger of getting put to sleep at any point of the fight. conor never went for the finish, he was wisely, playing it safe

credit to conor for staying in there and not giving up like the last fight.

Last edited:
Agreed I really did think Conor was on the brink credit to him for hanging in

What surprised me was seeing Conor's face after the fight it seemed he was hardly marked up

Bumped into Nick and Nate in the bathroom of the club before his security shooed me away. Then after talking to Jake Shields my drunk girlfriend managed to talk to Nate Diaz as he headed to the club.

She's trashed now and keeps reminding me.
You're lucky they didn't Stockton slap you and take your girl

From what i've heard from fans, the Diaz brothers are always cool to them. My friend also ran into Nick after one of his fights in a bathroom. Weird.

You're lucky they didn't Stockton slap you and take your girl

They seemed pretty chill with fans.

From what i've heard from fans, the Diaz brothers are always cool to them. My friend also ran into Nick after one of his fights in a bathroom. Weird.

Yeah, looked like they were having a little heart to heart before heading into the club. The line outside was still crazy so I imagine they decided to talk in there instead of getting swarmed outside. my girl waited for him to walk out and told him he did an awesome job. He just said thanks and that he wished he could've done better.

Oddly, while I was pissing some dude walked in yelling in support of McGregor. Had to have been like 30 seconds before they walked in because when I turned to walk to the sinks they were already there.

First props to Conor I thought he would lose. His improvement from the last fight is impressive.

conor slowly goes down to 145 after his leg heals and he defends his title with Aldo.

Nate goes down to 155 and beats Eddie Alvarez ( highly unlikely because 155 is stacked! that's a deadly division) Nate becomes champ

Round 3 at 155 and it's a super fight and its the holy trinity of their saga.

Conor has a chance of greatness to be a champ at 2 different divisions and Nate has a chance (as a champ) to beat Conor again to close out the trilogy. That would be epic and that was suggested by mmaquickhits on YouTube.

If they can pull that off that would be amazing

Just re watched the fight (love having the PPV card for 24 hours).

Okay.

Round 1 Conor
Round 2 Conor
Round 3 Diaz
Round 4 Conor
Round 5 Diaz

Now for a serious question. If you're of the belief that Round 3 was 10-8 Diaz, then Round 1 or 2 has got to be 10-8 McGregor, at least ONE of the two right?

After the first watch, live, I was like "ehh, I can see Diaz's point, somewhat" but on second viewing, there's no way he won that fight, and there's no way he should scored a 10-8 round if you don't give Conor a 10-8 in 1 or 2.

Most of the damage Diaz did in Round 2 was done by Rogan "Conor's gassing badly right now."

Watch Round 2 with the sound off.

That was such a damn good fight. We literaly saw both of them die at 2 different points of the fight only to muster up to the strength to keep pushing. Damn good fight!

I want to see a fresh matchup for Conor's next bout. I think we need to see a new oponent for him in his next 2 fights at least.

Just re watched the fight (love having the PPV card for 24 hours).

Okay.

Round 1 Conor
Round 2 Conor
Round 3 Diaz
Round 4 Conor
Round 5 Diaz

Now for a serious question. If you're of the belief that Round 3 was 10-8 Diaz, then Round 1 or 2 has got to be 10-8 McGregor, at least ONE of the two right?

After the first watch, live, I was like "ehh, I can see Diaz's point, somewhat" but on second viewing, there's no way he won that fight, and there's no way he should scored a 10-8 round if you don't give Conor a 10-8 in 1 or 2.

Most of the damage Diaz did in Round 2 was done by Rogan "Conor's gassing badly right now."

Watch Round 2 with the sound off.

Thank you, but some will argue that Diaz won round 2 :smh:

Back
Top Bottom