The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Rogan mentioned it recently on a podcast. Something along the lines of, yeah title fights mean something. The label is cool. But whether it's a title fight or not, as long as it's a great match up with 2 great fighters, who gives a ****. I think I agree. People are saying McGregor just cares about the money fights. The money fights are what the most people want to see. Fine with me, I had a lot of fun last night.

Who do I want to see Conor fight next, I have no idea. Tbh I don't think I care. Whatever it is will probably deliver regardless.

Conor showed his discipline during the fight and intelligence after the fight when he described the matchup

When he gets in that mode, the analyst, and not douche, he's actually enjoyable to listen to

Everyone thought Nate was in Conor's head, including me towards the end of the week.. Either he was playing possum or he trained himself very well

Last edited:
Thank you, but some will argue that Diaz won round 2 :smh:

I think there would be a better argument for the round being a draw. A 10-8 round to each, a round that's a draw, and two additional rounds that could go either way.

Fight honestly could have been a draw or gone either way.

It was a great fight, but in no way redemption for McGregor given how he lost the first fight and how close this one was.

I saw this and kind of chuckled, but it would be interesting to know what hardcore McGregor fans think about Floyd Mayweather's style.

View media item 2140308

idk why anyone thought Nate would be in McGregors head. No one knows better than Conor what Nate was doing. These dudes are best friends right now. They were making eachother money. They're perfect for each other.

round 1 was 10-8 conor easy imo

really the most dominant round for either fighter

No. Round three was the most dominating. Nate easily took it.

I just watched the fight. I'd give the edge to Conor because of the 1, 2 and 4. Nate DID start to warm up in the 2nd but it was too late. He dominated Conor in the 3. And he pressured Conor and took him down in the 5.

It really was a close fight. Nate had more strikes but that's the Diaz style to do volume. Conor had the more significant strikes. Diaz Bros have scar tissue for days so don't use that as a gauge.

I have to say, Nate has made Conor step his game up. But he still has holes in his game (cardio, TDD, grappling).

I feel like RDA, Khabib and Alvarez are all bad matchups for him. And folks like Mendes, Faber, Cruz and Dillashaw would give him issues; however, he'd have the power and size advantage.

Thank you, but some will argue that Diaz won round 2 :smh:

I think there would be a better argument for the round being a draw. A 10-8 round to each, a round that's a draw, and two additional rounds that could go either way.

Fight honestly could have been a draw or gone either way.

It was a great fight, but in no way redemption for McGregor given how he lost the first fight and how close this one was.

I saw this and kind of chuckled, but it would be interesting to know what hardcore McGregor fans think about Floyd Mayweather's style.

View media item 2140308

Yup, the second round is really the deciding round and there's a definite argument for Diaz winning when you see Conor was gassed, taking punishment and basically surviving towards the end there. Also I remember at the time thinking part of Nate going down was balance issues and trying to bait Conor into going to the ground with him, but I'd have to rewatch.

As far as Conor running, he used the Condit vs. Nick Diaz plan that I'm not so much a fan of. Turning your back and literally running across the cage to reset is just off to me, I understand the strategy of it all but visually it's not a good look.

Sidebar, I'm seeing people saying this was one of the greatest fights ever, it was definitely dope but was it really all that? Feel like this doesn't even beat recent title fights like Lawler/Condit or Mendes/Aldo 2 just off the top of my head, let alone all time great fights. Maybe it's just me though

I thought it was a good fight but not better than Lawler/Condit or Lawler/McDonald. Or Browne/Arloski. JJ/Gadhella.

With Lawler championship fights, there was a weird on button that would either turn on in the championship fights for Robbie or his opponent.

For as long as it lasted, Browne/Arloski was a slug fest.

JJ/Claudia was a great fight. JJ showed why she's the champion.

I like Connor. That fight showed he had heart. But at LW:

Champ Eddie Alvarez
1 Khabib Nurmagomedov
2 Rafael Dos Anjos
3 Tony Ferguson

And

Top 8 at Welterweight give him problems. His, height, size and power advantage disappears and he now has to deal with conditioning and grappling/takedowns.

Last edited:
Conor simply reset when he turned his back and circled

Hardly ran from the fight. He got right back into the pocket

Comparing this to condit is silly

This was a firefight from start to finish

Last edited:
I thought it was a good fight but not better than Lawler/Condit or Lawler/McDonald. Or Browne/Arloski. JJ/Gadhella.

Yup, forgot about JJ/Gadaelha too, dope fight.

What? They literally did the exact same thing, turned their back, ran and reset across the cage

Again he got right back into the pocket and threw down

You're lying to yourself if you think this was anything like what condit did

This was a firefight from start to finish

Everyone is just trying to discredit Mystic Mac's win. The majority didn't think he could come in with a sound plan and also execute it. Now that he did, they've turned to attacking said gameplan :smh:

Last edited:
Round 3 might have been a good round for Nate but yall acting like Conor didnt land anything in round 3. Cmon man, we gotta be objective here.

Not much was done in the clinch either. Nate used that to tired out Conor but only exchanged shots when he pushed off.

Let's give Nate the 10-8 third round. That's still a tie. Really no idea how so many are saying Nate was robbed.

Condit literally circled the entire fight away and then cherry picked exchanges

Conor stood toe to toe with him

You're arguing whether Condit circled more or less than Conor, I don't care about that. The point was, the last time I've seen somebody literally turn their back and run across the cage to reset at the other side of the cage, it was Carlos Condit. Saying there's no similarities between them is nonsense.

You're arguing whether Condit circled more or less than Conor, I don't care about that. The point was, the last time I've seen somebody literally turn their back and run across the cage to reset at the other side of the cage, it was Carlos Condit. Saying there's no similarities between them is nonsense.
It is nonsense. Diaz literally had to chase condit around the cage

Conor brought the fight to Nate from the opening bell to the close

If you want to say he turned his back a few times for a few seconds, cool. That doesn't mean he ran from the fight

Not much was done in the clinch either. Nate used that to tired out Conor but only exchanged shots when he pushed off.

Let's give Nate the 10-8 third round. That's still a tie. Really no idea how so many are saying Nate was robbed.

10 9
10 9
8 10
10 9
9 10

47 47

It really wasn't a robbery. It was probably a draw or Conor slightly edging it depending on how you scored the 1st and 3rd.

Honestly, I'm happy both of them made money. They brought showmanship and hype to a UFC card and it not be a title fight.

They need to do this more. Cody/TJ. TJ/Faber. Cruz/Cody.

Last edited:

It is nonsense. Diaz literally had to chase condit around the cage

Conor brought the fight to Nate from the opening bell to the close

If you want to say he turned his back a few times for a few seconds, cool. That doesn't mean he ran from the fight

Ok cool, now point out where I said he "ran from the fight"? You're getting all in your feelings about some point that I didn't even make. I said I didn't like the aesthetics of running across the cage to reset, visually it's not a good look, just like with Condit. That does not = he ran from the fight. Relax yourself bruh

Last edited:
Depends if you think condit ran from nick

It actually doesn't tho. It'd be reasonable to think Condit ran and Conor didn't just because Condit did it way more than Conor. Condit and Conor differ in how much they turned their back to reset, but they both did it was my point, and it looks weird in a fight

Chill, I've gotten into it a few times with Vincent Van Ho :lol: but my mans is legit good peoples

I'm coolin bruh :lol:, just clarifying my point that's all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom