The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

You think Conor would even fight GSP??

Horrible match up stylistically. Plus George got a legit 20lbs on my boy.

The money would have to be serious.

There's money in it. Cowboy/George would be a more exciting matchup since he has somewhat of a grapple and submission game.

George would just grapple Conor to the ground, GnP and try to tire him out. He has a weight advantage and his coach and him recognize the holes in his game.

I think as long as the money is good he'd take it. The loss he had to Nate didn't hurt him making money. Lose to gsp for a big payday. Say you want a rematch for another payday. If he loses again then he goes on to a new opponent for another payday.

Paige been popping off about money now since DWTS showed her how much other athletes make.

Irony being if she were a dude, she'd still be fighting for free on amateur events. Not getting huge fights in the UFC and opportunities like DWTS.

While that's true I'm not going to criticize her for speaking out. All fighters need to make more period. More of them need to speak out

This guy is great. If Conor decides to fight Josie, I hope they give Nate the title shot against Alvarez

Nate Diaz is back home wondering when he's going to get the post-UFC 196 treatment from the UFC brass.

Reached on Thursday afternoon to find out what his future plans are, Diaz said, "I'm still waiting for Dana [White] and Lorenzo [Fertitta] to show up to my house to see how obsessed I am."

Diaz is making light of the oft-told story repeated before his UFC 202 rematch against Conor McGregor, which was that McGregor was granted the immediate second fight after telling UFC owners that he was obsessed with the idea of losing to Diaz and had to rectify the issue immediately. Of course, the UFC ultimately obliged, despite not being too keen on the idea initially.[/quite]

This guy is great. If Conor decides to fight Josie, I hope they give Nate the title shot against Alvarez

Nate Diaz is back home wondering when he's going to get the post-UFC 196 treatment from the UFC brass.

Reached on Thursday afternoon to find out what his future plans are, Diaz said, "I'm still waiting for Dana [White] and Lorenzo [Fertitta] to show up to my house to see how obsessed I am."

Diaz is making light of the oft-told story repeated before his UFC 202 rematch against Conor McGregor, which was that McGregor was granted the immediate second fight after telling UFC owners that he was obsessed with the idea of losing to Diaz and had to rectify the issue immediately. Of course, the UFC ultimately obliged, despite not being too keen on the idea initially.[/quite]
Ufc loves Conor. I bet he's gonna fight for the 155 title next and leave aldo hanging.

Once upon a time Alvarez lost to Shina Aoki and Conor won against Chad Mendes.

Last edited:

I think Conor would have definitely fought GSP if he KO'ed Nate at 196. GSP was there live, and he never attends these live ppvss unless there is a hidden agenda (ex: when he was there for Nick Diaz vs. Penn). If Conor would have won at 196, he would have called GSP out for 200. Imagine how big Conor's ego would have been. It could still happen now, but GSP would win via decision.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the UFC on Fox this coming Saturday.

excited to see PVZ and how she does after coming back from DWTS.

Also excited to see if Showtime shakes off his 3 fight losing streak.

Condit is always exciting to watch but it will be interesting if Maia can grind it out to an ugly win.

They better strip Conor if he does fight Eddie next.

Just fight Josie damnit 
laugh.gif

My point is he lost to someone with zero standup and Conor has proven himself against a wrestler

with the right gameplan I think Conor can beat Alvarez

Alvarez is a lot bigger and stronger than Mendes.

Aoki, a known crafty grappler, defeated Alvarez by ankle lock. It's not like Aoki, the guy with no stand-up, destroyed Alvarez en route to KOing him. He was butt scooting until a weird cling exchange brought them to the ground and he got his ankle as he tried to step over through the guard.

Alvarez also KO'ed him in the rematch.

Alvarez is a horrible matchup for Conor but if the money is there Conor won't care

The real issue is whether or not they will strip him even if he doesn't defend.. He wants to parade around as champ and take non 145 fights

Last edited:
Conor vs Jose and Nate vs Alvarez. If everything goes as planned we can have a 150 pound catch weight winner take all fight between Conor and Nate. 

The good thing is they wouldn't have to do a catch weight.. They could just do for 155 title

Can they justify Nate getting a title shot coming off a loss? I understand making marketable fights but this one would be interesting

Last edited:
The good thing is they wouldn't have to do a catch weight.. They could just do for 155 title

Can they justify Nate getting a title shot coming off a loss? I understand making marketable fights but this one would be interesting

Well if Nick can get one off a loss so could Nate lol.

As has been mentioned plenty of times, they need to just strip Conor if he has no intention of fighting at fw again. Would like to see Holloway vs Aldo for the title.

I was only half kidding obviously, but the UFC has shown that they are about making that money above anything else, so something like Nate receiving an immediate title shot despite coming off of a loss would not shock me. I know I'd definitely watch that.

Back
Top Bottom