The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

In all seriousness, Eddie is an idiot if he's really fighting on old contract money

I do believe he had a nice deal but still, he's headlining the first ever NYC card, a historical card, he's fighting a champ of another division who happens to be the biggest PPV star and highest paid fighter. How can you not get more money?

I respect that he "just wants to fight", that's great but that's why these fighters are in the position they're in with pay, because they lack a general sense of their value and how to take advantage of a situation. It's very sad

He's dumb. He's the champ and its his belt on the line. He's fighting the only guy who can generate big money like that and alvarez will be making pennies. Know your worth in this situation.

In all seriousness, Eddie is an idiot if he's really fighting on old contract money

I do believe he had a nice deal but still, he's headlining the first ever NYC card, a historical card, he's fighting a champ of another division who happens to be the biggest PPV star and highest paid fighter. How can you not get more money?

I respect that he "just wants to fight", that's great but that's why these fighters are in the position they're in with pay, because they lack a general sense of their value and how to take advantage of a situation. It's very sad

he wasn't trying to defend the belt vs khabib. lose that match and his red panties are gone, just like RDA.
beats conor, will set up a big payday on the rematch or the very least bump his pay for next fight along with name recognition to casuals

he wasn't trying to defend the belt vs khabib. lose that match and his red panties are gone, just like RDA.
beats conor, will set up a big payday on the rematch or the very least bump his pay for next fight along with name recognition to casuals
This was his red panty fight

Loses to Conor and then what. We've seen how dana treats former champs, even great ones

Cash out when you can. He had leverage, Conor had no other opponent since Conor is so deadset on not fighting Aldo

Last edited:
From what I remember Eddie got an ok deal coming from Bellator with incentives like PPV points

Last edited:
My friend is a UFC fight club member, and we just secured out tickets. $600 each for level 200 tickets in the 15th row. Took 35 minutes to wait in the que. After the purchase, we searched for some more tickets but those same 200 level tickets shot up to $800 :smh::smh::smh:

The injury bug and/or USADA better not screw this card up.

I'm planning to eat PB and J sandwiches for the next 2 months to recoup the $.

Last edited:
From what I remember Eddie got an ok deal coming from Bellator with incentives like PPV points
He has a really good deal by today's standards. Could have had an enormous pay day on 205

If he's fighting on his current deal I believe he made 150k flat when he beat rda. In the cowboy and Pettis fights he made a flat 100k

He should have made at least a million for 205, hopefully the ppv points he'll receive will do him good

Last edited:
Alvarez making good money. Pretty sure he has PPV points as well. So fighting at UFC 205 on his "old" contract ain't that big of a deal since he's going to cash out.

Soooooo what are the chances I can get those $100 tix tomorrow :lol:

I didn't expect Conor to appear so much bigger than Alvarez.

He's a tad bit taller with a longer reach. And his last two fights were at WW.

In terms of experience and fighting wise, those two fights with Diaz were exceptional for Conor's growth

200 section is good IMO, u can see directly into the cage. Really wanna go to this event but those prices are pretty high lol.

My friend is a UFC fight club member, and we just secured out tickets. $600 each for level 200 tickets in the 15th row. Took 35 minutes to wait in the que. After the purchase, we searched for some more tickets but those same 200 level tickets shot up to $800 :smh::smh::smh:

The injury bug and/or USADA better not screw this card up.

I'm planning to eat PB and J sandwiches for the next 2 months to recoup the $.

I think some sections have a set price but the first 1-15 rows of that section will run you 1 or 2 hundred dollars more.

Alvarez making good money. Pretty sure he has PPV points as well. So fighting at UFC 205 on his "old" contract ain't that big of a deal since he's going to cash out.

Soooooo what are the chances I can get those $100 tix tomorrow :lol:
What do you consider good

He's making 100k and 150k flat base pay no win bonuses

The ppv shares are great but he could have had a significantly better pay day. He should be getting a million to fight on this card, it would be a shame if he didn't reach that with the ppv shares

Last edited:
What do you consider good

He's making 100k and 150k flat base pay no win bonuses

The ppv shares are great but he could have had a significantly better pay day. He should be getting a million to fight on this card, it would be a shame if he didn't reach that with the ppv shares
Good compared to about 99% of the UFC Roster. That 100k and 150k were from Fight Nights, not PPV. And that's money to show, not necessarily how much he's making total. Also, when a fighter gets no win bonuses, they GENERALLY make more money than the average fighter. 

Eddie blew it. He should be cashing in on a massive seven-figure paycheck as the defending champ. He'll get PPV shares, but it's going to be miniscule to the number Conor will get.

No guarantees there's a rematch, either. Conor KTFOs him, and he's SOL.

No red panty night for Eddie. 
mean.gif

Last edited:

Eddie blew it. He should be cashing in on a massive seven-figure paycheck as the defending champ. He might get PPV shares, but it's going to be miniscule to the number Conor will get.

mean.gif

Eddie isn't the "needle mover" Nate is but he could've done a lot better for himself. Definitely agree.

Good compared to about 99% of the UFC Roster. That 100k and 150k were from Fight Nights, not PPV. And that's money to show, not necessarily how much he's making total. Also, when a fighter gets no win bonuses, they GENERALLY make more money than the average fighter. 
Again, I stated in a previous post eddies deal is good relatively compared to other fighters

Other fighters pay sucks though

150k and ppv shares isn't at all good for the circumstances

Eddie blew it. He should be cashing in on a massive seven-figure paycheck as the defending champ. He'll get PPV shares, but it's going to be miniscule to the number Conor will get.

mean.gif

As much as I love him, Conor is the draw here, not Eddie. So rightfully so, Conor deserves more money

Again, I stated in a previous post eddies deal is good relatively compared to other fighters

Other fighters pay sucks though

150k and ppv shares isn't at all good for the circumstances
Again, I'm agreeing with you. Do you always like to disagree for no reason my guy?

150k and PPV shares is GREAT for the circumstances considering Nate got $10 mil in PPV shares alone for UFC 202 and these will most likely break those numbers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom