The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I keep comments about Karolina classy because she's a classy lady. The wifey type who would still mouth kiss you after she covered you in squirt and you ate her butt as a snack.

Bruh, I'm not eem gonna enter the octagon. I'm turning around and headed back to the locker room

I keep comments about Karolina classy because she's a classy lady. The wifey type who would still mouth kiss you after she covered you in squirt and you ate her butt as a snack.

Bruh, I'm not eem gonna enter the octagon. I'm turning around and headed back to the locker room
Silva-101-3.gif~c200

listening to that interview with dana, and he said two things of note:

1.) conor's foot/leg is still hurt

2.) he also said "something completely out of left field will play out after the fight"...conor retiring?

Last edited:
NVM. I listened. He said it's "Conor's business" so doesn't sound like a fight match up.

Last edited:
That was what I first typed. Didn't sound like a fight match up from the way Dana put it.

Or maybe Conor plans to call him out and that's why he worded it the way he did.

Aldo out here claiming that GSP demanded 10 Mil to fight Conor. So kind of makes sense with that rumor floating around.

In all seriousness, Eddie is an idiot if he's really fighting on old contract money

I do believe he had a nice deal but still, he's headlining the first ever NYC card, a historical card, he's fighting a champ of another division who happens to be the biggest PPV star and highest paid fighter. How can you not get more money?

I respect that he "just wants to fight", that's great but that's why these fighters are in the position they're in with pay, because they lack a general sense of their value and how to take advantage of a situation. It's very sad

I think a lot of people forget that he was in a court battle with Bellator before coming over to UFC. Dude wasn't able to fight for almost a year.

Can't be mad at him having his priorities straight. Guaranteed pay > no pay

I think a lot of people forget that he was in a court battle with Bellator before coming over to UFC. Dude wasn't able to fight for almost a year.

Can't be mad at him having his priorities straight. Guaranteed pay > no pay
Yeah, I wasn't aware that PPV shares got you millions (if you're fighting Conor)

So the base pay really doesn't matter

We'll get the numbers after the fight and see for sure

If Conor wins and they strip him of the 145 title and upgrade Jose, it'll be the 2nd time he becomes UFC FW champ without beating anyone.

If Conor wins and they strip him of the 145 title and upgrade Jose, it'll be the 2nd time he becomes UFC FW champ without beating anyone.
what do you mean?  he beat the non-existant ufc 145 lb champ

he walked into the cage, suit and all, beat that nonexistant champ, and walked away with the belt

Last edited:

Him defending the title 7 times suggests they weren't wrong in granting him the belt.

And is anything really out of left field with Conor?

A fight at 145 would probably be more surprising than retirement, a super fight with GSP or even Mayweather.

This what happened with the first Diaz fight. They already making assumptions about him automatically winning and what he's gon do next

He's got a tough task ahead of him. When fighters start to think about the future, that's when they begin to fail

Uhh, you do know the WEC was pretty much the UFC for lighter divisions right? Aldo is the GOAT FW and a top 5 p4p

Uhh, you do know the WEC was pretty much the UFC for lighter divisions right? Aldo is the GOAT FW and a top 5 p4p

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Aldo fan. I just thought that was an interesting stat.

WEC Aldo was a freakin' beast. The only fighter he didn't finish was Faber.

UFC Aldo only has 2 finishes. I personally want to see a rematch w Conor.

I just looked and it's interesting that Aldo, while still fighting the best 145's in the world in WEC, did have significantly more finishes there than in the UFC.

In their last 10 fights, Edgar has as many KO wins and more finishes. Which I wouldn't have expected.

Aldo's level of comp was higher through that span though. Wonder if the weight cut as he's gotten older is having that effect on him.

Last edited:
I just looked and it's interesting that Aldo, while still fighting the best 145's in the world in WEC, did have significantly more finishes there than in the UFC.

In their last 10 fights, Edgar has as many KO wins and more finishes. Which I wouldn't have expected.

Aldo's level of comp was higher through that span though. Wonder if the weight cut as he's gotten older is having that effect on him.
I also wonder if the smaller cages had to do something with it since there was more action.

I think it has to do that the longer you're champ, the more pressure you have to keep the belt. Therefore you see guys (like GSP, especially after Serra) play it safe and systematically break down their opponent over 5 rounds rather than always look for the kill

I also wonder if the smaller cages had to do something with it since there was more action.
This along with the pressure of staying champ once he got to the big show

There was clearly a difference in mentalities over the years which I don't blame him or hold it against him

Aldo really did capture my imagination coming up so I will always hold him in high regard, it's sad how things have played out

Back
Top Bottom