The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Josie did all that complaining in order to try and get more money
no, he sees how the game is now and wants his share, guy was a great champion, no shams, no protection

its like you didnt read the article, which im sure you didnt, just keep seeing what you want to see

roll.gif
- this is someone telling me that what's going on with the featherweight and lightweight titles is legit

about as legit as 0-0 fighter winding up on the main card, my bad 573-48-317

Last edited:
Randomly though of this but how do you guys see an Aldo vs Nate match going if they fought twice

Both at 170 or below

Last edited:
Is 1 decision win over Frankie really enough to redeem a 13 second KO though?

I mean RDA didn't get a rematch.
Robbie didn't get a rematch .
Rockhold didn't get a rematch
Werdum discovery get a rematch.

Does Conor deserve a crack at the 155 belt? Maybe not, but every card he headlines is a new record, he got Dana at his mercy

Should he defend the 145? Yes

But at the end of the day the fight vs Alvarez makes more financially for the UFC

So Dana is willing to bend over backwards for Conor and Ronda cause they're "needle movers"

It ain't right, but it is what it is.

these dudes havent even fought since losing so what do you mean they didnt get a rematch?

just read that werdum fought, you dont know that hes not getting a rematch though
i dont get what youre saying here

are you saying, "well its just a sham and we just have to accept it" ?  is that what you're saying?  cause i accept that

no doubt in my mind that this guy is staying at 155 even if he loses, its a sham

Last edited:
Nate already made Conor small

Aldo would not be able to close the distance

Aldo is a true 145

Conor and Nate are true 155

Financially for Aldo, Pettis makes the most sense

these dudes havent even fought since losing so what do you mean they didnt get a rematch?

i dont get what youre saying here

are you saying, "well its just a sham and we just have to accept it" ?  is that what you're saying?  cause i accept that
Immediate rematch

If those fighters win a decision in their next fight do they deser A rematch?

Again does a decision over Frankie erase a 13s knockout?

So UFC clearly favoring Conor but sham is a stretch

If you guys were Dana and your objective was to make money, what would you do?

Last edited:
aldo should get a chance to get his belt back, the ufc made an interim belt for a reason. The division doesn't have a real belt because the guy who has it might not even defend it.

Immediate rematch

If those fighters win a decision in their next fight do they deser A rematch?

Again does a decision over Frankie erase a 13s knockout?

So UFC clearly favoring Conor but sham is a stretch

If you guys were Dana and your objective was to make money, what would you do?
aldo didnt get an immediate rematch

the thing now is, he's not calling for a rematch with conor

he just wants the real 145 belt to go back in play, whether it be against conor or whoever, but dana isnt going to do that because he has to protect it with conor

if my objective were to make money, daniel bryant would be headlining 205

None of those guys had the reign that Aldo did but I do agree with everything

Dana is such a clown everything he says is pure trash and illogical

I'd respect him more if he just came out and said he's doing what makes the most money

no, he sees how the game is now and wants his share, guy was a great champion, no shams, no protection

its like you didnt read the article, which im sure you didnt, just keep seeing what you want to see

:rofl: - this is someone telling me that what's going on with the featherweight and lightweight titles is legit

about as legit as 0-0 fighter winding up on the main card, my bad 573-48-317

Last week, Josie said I want out of my contract I don't want to fight anymore

This week, Josie well of I'm going to fight again I want money fights which is why I don't want to fight Holloway

Justify what ever you'd like about him "seeing the sham" but at the end of the day this turned out to be a money grab

And it's going to be interesting to see how he reacts if Dana says welp you're already under contract.

Because now Josie is doing what you're complaining about Conor doing and that's ducking a legit opponent. Only difference here is Comor has a win over Josie and Josie doesn't have a win over Holloway.

It just looks like Josie wants no part of Holloway in the octogan.

Last edited:
Come on now, Aldo was king and champ of the 145 division for how many years? He got caught, anyone can get caught. That doesnt erase he was one of the most dominant champs ever. My problem with conor is that he has absolutely no interest in fighting at 145 but wants to be call champ?

He should be stripped, but like many have said the guy has a lot of power over the ufc right now.

I dont think aldo deserves a rematch, i think he deserves to be call the champion not interim champ. Not his fault conor doesnt want to defend the belt

Last week, Josie said I want out of my contract I don't want to fight anymore

This week, Josie well of I'm going to fight again I want money fights which is why I don't want to fight Holloway

Justify what ever you'd like about him "seeing the sham" but at the end of the day this turned out to be a money grab

And it's going to be interesting to see how he reacts if Dana says welp you're already under contract.

Because now Josie is doing what you're complaining about Conor doing and that's ducking a legit opponent. Only difference here is Comor has a win over Josie and Josie doesn't have a win over Holloway.

It just looks like Josie wants no part of Holloway in the octogan.
the only reason its a money grab now is because the ufc's not living up to their end to aldo

what happened to conor's losing the title if stays at 155?

just say you like that conor's being protected and be done with it

Conor is being protected in terms of keeping the 145 belt but he certainly isn't being protected opponents wise

He was scheduled to face rda, he fought Nate at 170 and now facing Eddie

thats my beef

he's free to fight at 155 while his 145 title is protected

there's no "conor proved everything hes had to at 145, no one left, he's 'cleaned it out' go ahead and relinquish the belt," nope, he remains the champ without defending for marketing

see, thats what they tried to do with aldo, youve proven everything give up the belt, its why hes pissed now

its a sham

Last edited:
the only reason its a money grab now is because the ufc's not living up to their end to aldo

what happened to conor's losing the title if stays at 155?

just say you like that conor's being protected and be done with it

It's an unfortunate situation I suppose but I'm not losing any sleep over it. You're acting as if this is the first time ever that Dana White didn't keep his word.

Right now those guys are trying to squeeze every dollar they can out of Mystic Mac

Keeping the 145 title is a nice insurance policy for Dana and the bosses in charge. Now if Conor losses against Alvarez, you can go away and promote his return to 145 and get another huge buyrate out of it.

And then if he wins, barring that he doesn't decide to take a year off, you have the first ever UFC 2 Division Champion. And I fully expect that Dana will go against his word and let Conor keep both belts as long as his next fight is at 145.

Like Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat said Conor isn't fighting bums. If he was going around fighting a bunch of jobbers then sure be as outraged as you'd like.

But Josie isn't a needle mover. Josie trying to get his money, more power to him but let's acknowledge that is what his complaining came down to.

It's an unfortunate situation I suppose but I'm not losing any sleep over it. You're acting as if this is the first time ever that Dana White didn't keep his word.

Right now those guys are trying to squeeze every dollar they can out of Mystic Mac

Keeping the 145 title is a nice insurance policy for Dana and the bosses in charge. Now if Conor losses against Alvarez, you can go away and promote his return to 145 and get another huge buyrate out of it.

And then if he wins, barring that he doesn't decide to take a year off, you have the first ever UFC 2 Division Champion. And I fully expect that Dana will go against his word and let Conor keep both belts as long as his next fight is at 145.

Like @Vincent Van Ho said Conor isn't fighting bums. If he was going around fighting a bunch of jobbers then sure be as outraged as you'd like.
of course youre not losing sleep over it

no one said he's fighting bums, who said he was fighting bums?

return to 145
laugh.gif
, that would mean risking losing the belt and dana cant have that

the boss's in charge
laugh.gif
, thats some wwe nonsense, the only reason they're not announcing conor's undefeated retirement from 145 is cause they have to try and make everything look legit and because they want to continue marketing him as a champion

Last edited:
We have this argument at least once a week guys.

Can we switch to the other weekly topic of how JBJ is the GOAT

Back
Top Bottom