The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Was he supposed to defend his title the next day? Is that what you want? :lol:

no you see, im not calling for that, i dont think i typed that anywhere

what im saying is that there's a pattern here, a pattern which some people choose to ignore, which i actually think they're happy to ignore because it fits their world view

if you saw the list of "facts" a few pages back, you'll notice what "fact" was left out
What's the parttern? That he's consistently chosen the MORE difficult fight over defending the belt over the likes of Lamas, Swanson, oliviera, Stephens, bermudez?

That he chose to fight RDA, Nate, and Alvarez instead?

Who did you want Conor to defend the belt against?

Last edited:
What's the parttern? That he's consistently chosen the MORE difficult fight over defending the belt over the likes of Lamas, Swanson, oliviera, Stephens, bermudez?

That he chose to fight RDA, Nate, and Alvarez instead?

Who did you want Conor to defend the belt against?
it's really tough to take these difficult fights isnt it?  especially if there's nothing to lose,

it's hilarious to me that this guy has held 4 titles in multiple orgs and never has he once defended, not once, but people would rather ignore things in order to fit their world view

you think this time off is a coincidence?

Last edited:
The only fight that should have happened that didn't was Edgar. That really should have been his next fight after Aldo.

He'd motored through FW. Was told he'd get the next shot. Which he kind of did. Interim against Aldo.

I'm not sure If Edgar has won that fight that Conor would have ever fought him though.

But allowing Conor to fight for the LW belt when he had JUST won the FW belt was questionable.

And their were theories that Edgar being a bad style match up for him was the reason that fight wasn't made.

Thought you could argue that RDA was a bad style match up as well and that fight was made. So take that with a grain.

Beyond that Conor has fought anyone and everyone that's been put in front of him.

And again, all of this is less about Conor and more about what Zuffa (at the time) was letting him get away with.

Last edited:
Frankie didn't keep up his end of the deal so we'll never know.

I think they would have fought in NY.

If RDA doesn't get hurt, win or lose his next fight would have been Frankie

He kept up his end of the deal when he blasted Mendes.

Absolutely no way of knowing that his next fight after RDA would have been Frankie.

Dude hasn't touched FW since he won the title.

And remember, when Conor fought Mendes, Mendes was given that fight when he was ranked below Edgar.

There's been a few funny style moments that have happened when McGregor and Edgar should have fought.

I get it. You're a McGregor fan. But let's not try to re-write history.

Last edited:
good luck, land a gogo
pimp.gif

Absolutely no way of knowing that his next fight after RDA would have been Frankie.

And remember, when Conor fought Mendes, Mendes was given that fight when he was ranked below Edgar.

There's been a few funny style moments that have happened when McGregor and Edgar should have fought.

He had a choice to fight Frankie or make history against RDA

What was he gonna do? Lose an EXTRA 10lbs on short notice to fight Frankie?

RDA was still on his terminator at the time

Which was the more difficult fight? Which had the bigger payday?

I get you're a Frankie fan too

Last edited:

He had a choice to fight Frankie or make history against RDA

What was he gonna do? Lose an EXTRA 10lbs on short notice to fight Frankie?

RDA was still on his terminator at the time

Which was the more difficult fight? Which had the bigger payday?

I get you're a Frankie fan too

Why don't you read what I'm typing and pull yourself out of the glass case of emotion?

Thought you could argue that RDA was a bad style match up as well and that fight was made. So take that with a grain.

Beyond that Conor has fought anyone and everyone that's been put in front of him.

And again, all of this is less about Conor and more about what Zuffa (at the time) was letting him get away with.

This has nothing to do with losing an extra 10 lbs. RDA fight never should have been made. The guy had JUST won his first belt at ONE weight class in the UFC.

You don't know what the more difficult fight is until it happens. And RDA is a major payday? Since when?

If ANYONE else had been allowed to move up and fight for another belt immediately after that, anyone with a brain would be crying foul.

That is where your fandom far supersedes mine.

Edgar was the fight after he beat Aldo. Edgar was the fight even before that when Aldo pulled out but they gave it to Mendes who was ranked lower. That was openly discussed as being suspect as hell when it happened.

That's all I'm saying. It is what it is. I'm not even saying Frankie would have won. My points are simply grounded in reality.

And again, a champ moving up and fighting for a 2nd belt after winning his first was not reality before Conor. Fine. He was their golden goose. But call it what it is and cut the ********. Supporting that ******* is bad for the sport honestly.

I don't care if Jeremy Stephens had been the #1 guy after Aldo lost. That should have been who Conor fought.

Last edited:
Showtime or Blessed, who y'all got?

I want Showtime to win simply for the shenanigans that would go down as a result but if history has shown us anything a horrible cut always leads to disaster

Blessed puts his lights out in Round 3

I want Max. Division needs new blood. There are fun fights for Pettis at both weight classes but nothing I've seen from him in the past year say he should be sniffing a title this soon.

Plus Max been talking that **** all week :lol:

Last edited:
Frankie didn't keep up his end of the deal so we'll never know.

I think they would have fought in NY.

If RDA doesn't get hurt, win or lose his next fight would have been Frankie

Also is such a bad matchup for Edgar. One of the few people who is faster than him.

Watching Max's interviews and I laugh when he refers to himself in the third person and he includes his nickname.

This card is smack dab in the middle of being PPV worthy and being a Fight Night.

Or a Fox card but they prob need to schedule that way in advance and couldn't when DC got injured.

They tried that interim title ******** basically to keep it a PPV.

But they really should have made it a freebie.

I admire Max's dedication to trying to get a card in Hawaii

Dana gets what he deserves with trying to make this an interim title fight so screw him

I think pettis has done that in the past in terms of speaking in third person

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting to see what the PPVs look like moving forward.

No Conor or Jones for the next 8-10 months.

If Ronda gets washed and Bisping loses to Romero, it'll be a mess for them out here.

GSP, Nick and Nate could be multi millionaires over the next 6 months if they play it right.

Bingo. Gsp is sitting back sipping his iced tea

Nick and Nate are in for paydays

Cowboy needs to also make some money during this next year

Rumble is another that could cash out but the only guys left for him to fight are always getting suspended/injured :lol:

I might **** around and go to heavy if I'm him. He beat Arlovski there a few years back.

Hell of a night of fights across the board if any of you also enjoy boxing.

Like I said, this UFC card is solid top to bottom with a strong main event. Just not worth the $$$.

Back
Top Bottom