The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Even Conor had to appreciate that Waldo line

Will brooks said he'd welcome pettis back to 155 but that's a death wish IMO for pettis. Brooks will make it boring and grind him

It's sad where pettis is at now I hope this isn't the end of him. Hopefully he can make one more run at 155 .. I think he might need to go to jacksons full time perhaps

Maybe a fight with someone like chisea or Dustin could jump start him

Last edited:
Despite the s**t show leading up to this card, I think this was card of the year.

Imagine if we still had DC v Rumble II on this card.. :smh:

Wtf! I totally missed that Korean zombie will be back against Bermudez for the super bowl card

It's insane he wont fight until 2017 and last fought in 2013

Last edited:
Max was cooking last night in and outside of the ring

His mic skills were better than I thought .. he should continue to improve too on the bravado

Expect more sound bytes from Max, he'll be on with Ariel tomorrow

I read that he told reporters last night he plans to move to 155 sooner rather than later

Expect more sound bytes from Max, he'll be on with Ariel tomorrow

I read that he told reporters last night he plans to move to 155 sooner rather than later
Really? Max seems like a good fit at FW and I think he'd get dominated by most of the top 10 at LW.

Really? Max seems like a good fit at FW and I think he'd get dominated by most of the top 10 at LW.
He's going to get bigger as he ages naturally, cutting down 45 probably isn't fun

I hope as a culture that MMA goes to less weight cutting in the future. IMO there's a chance for that to happen, we've seen guys have success when it looked like it would be a risky move

I'd like to see him go up against Aldo before making predictions on how he'd fare at 155, plus I'm sure he'd stay at 45 for at least a few more years

Ferguson speaking on Conor... guess he wants to fight Khabib.. sounds good to me

"This guy's picking his opponents. He's a paper champ. When you're doing that, of course you're going to be watching who you're fighting...I can't really see Conor as the champion. I see right now as if the title was open. Conor's taking a step off and I don't even like to throw his name in because the dude fought one person at 155. I've been sitting here and Khabib, he's been kind of inactive. I've been the most active in this damn place... I'm racking up points here, that's all that matters. I'm gonna go down in the books as a living legend. That's what's gonna happen, I'm gonna be in the UFC Hall of Fame."

"It's what the fans want. The fans want the fight. People are blowing it up. They know Conor's out. They know Khabib needs a fight. They know that Khabib and I were supposed to fight in January but that dude backed out. He had some boo boos he had to take care of. That's okay, go back to AKA and heal your boo boos with Daniel Cormier...

"I'm ready to sign on the dotted line and I think the UFC knows that. And I think it needs to be for that belt. I don't think, it needs to be for that belt, damn it. Straight up, I've been putting in my time, I've been putting in my numbers. This is my time. Let's get some heat going for this thing. Let's do this for The Ultimate Fighter. We can do Team Khabib versus Team Ferguson, that'd be dope.

"Let's just throw it up for an interim belt. If he's gonna take a step out for a while then they need to throw an interim belt out there, have a champ out there and when he comes back he can be ready for that *** whooping which will be me."

"Conor is no threat to what myself of Khabib has. I see no threat in this dude. This dude is just a lot of talk. He has a nice left hand but my solid, straight right and my left hook and my lead uppercut and my inside leg kicks and my whole repertoire is better than what he's got...

"When you put Conor up against a guy like me who's unpredictable - attacking your ankles, attacking your chin and your midsection - and you've got Khabib Nurmagomedov who can take a punch here or there and he's got some time off so he's got full rest recovery in his body, he's gonna be able to take the punishment."

After Mad Max puts Josie Waldo's lights out, only person left is Frankie Edgar unless he wants to get that loss back from Dennis Bermudez

Back
Top Bottom