The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Regardless of everything else, McGregor's ability to shine on the big stage is much appreciated after watching Cowboy drop another pivotal fight.

I want to see Maia get the winner of Woodley v Wonderboy and Masvidal get the loser.

Masvidal v Maia for the belt would be fun one, but I don't want them to knock each other out of contention.

I'd guess they go with Magny. If they can get Condit to come back that'd be an awesome fight too.. I just have a feeling he's kind of done.. or at least for now.. I would more see him coming back for a big name marquee fight

Larkin would be interesting considering they fought in late May of 2016.. 

Yea Larkin feels like too soon for a rematch though I could see Jorge wanting it.

Stun Gun is a good one to me.

Magny as well.

Maia as well if it's meant to be a #1 contender fight. Might be tough for Jorge to go #12 to that off a Cerrone win.

Even though the real ones know he nice as ****.

Last edited:
Don't see the hype behind ngannou yet. Need to see him vs a top guy. Aa chin been cracked for years.

Masvidal needs a top guy for his next fight. Beating a fan fave like cowboy on fox is a big deal for him

BTW nunes Valentina 2 is going to be a hell of a fight!!!
same.

I think Rothwell next for Ngannou makes sense. He may not be ready for Werdum and I'm sure UFC want won't throw him to the wolves for his next fight. With how shallow the HW title picture is I could see them gifting him a shot with just one more win though he should need at very least two W's.

I've heard rumors about a Condit-Diaz rematch for UFC 209 but am really not taking too much stock in that considering Nick only wanting big fights and not knowing future with Condit. Also wha'ts been up with Lawler? After the Cowboy fight didn't happen I haven't heard much except that he's no longer with ATT.

I've seen enough from ngannu that I believe he can be the champ. He's shown all the skills, techniques and overall composure. But I get it, he needs to fight someone else to prove it

I can't disagree that the division is somewhat weak

Hw is never easy to stay unscathed by nature

I believe D.C. Could definitely compete, jones I would like to see him first but I've wanted him to test himself

Ngannus reach is also disgusting

Last edited:
good stuff.

masvidal fought cerrone like it was a kickboxing fight. his stance was very narrow and upright. he plodded forward with that bouncy lead leg showing no concern whatsoever for the threat of a take down. did cerrone attempt a single takedown? i can't remember.

Word is Mousasi may not be able to get back into the US for UFC210 due to Trump ban.

good stuff.

masvidal fought cerrone like it was a kickboxing fight. his stance was very narrow and upright. he plodded forward with that bouncy lead leg showing no concern whatsoever for the threat of a take down. did cerrone attempt a single takedown? i can't remember.

I don't think he did. Cerrone usually tries to make it a kickboxing match as well, if he believes in his striking and aggression then it works to his advantage.

Word is Mousasi may not be able to get back into the US for UFC210 due to Trump ban.

How ironic would it be if Mousasi can't fight b/c of the Trump ban since Dana and Trump are buddies, not to mention Dana spoke at Trump's Republican Convention.

good stuff.

masvidal fought cerrone like it was a kickboxing fight. his stance was very narrow and upright. he plodded forward with that bouncy lead leg showing no concern whatsoever for the threat of a take down.

you can tell jorge went to thailand to polish his MT. it was great to watch him wash cerrone like that

Can someone tell me how someone like Ngannou only start MMA training in 2013 and in less than 4 years have gotten this far?  Just doesn't seem feasible in other sports?  Is it really true that anyone can do MMA?

Can someone tell me how someone like Ngannou only start MMA training in 2013 and in less than 4 years have gotten this far?  Just doesn't seem feasible in other sports?  Is it really true that anyone can do MMA?

booking him perfectly. let him work on his weaknesses by not exposing him to wrestlers or guys that can "grind"
they arent pushing him too fast

helps when you are built like a beast :lol:

Last edited:
Besides the matchups if you just look at his technique, for a hw, it is pretty amazing. Regardless of who he's fought

To only be fighting for 3.5 years is just absurd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom