The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

ufc matchmaking is weird... KZ returning from a 3 year layoff and he gets bermudez? damn let a ***** ease back into the swing of things.

foreal. that fight is tuff as hell. Im worried KZ's reaction and timing may be too slow since he been out to long. bermudez been grindin and might wreck dude. hopefully KZ can flying knee that ******.

Looks like I may finally get my wish of seeing Marlon Moraes in the UFC :smokin

He vacated his WSOF BW belt.

They're talking about him vs. Jimmie Rivera.

Last edited:
I wonder if we'll see a lot of celebs in the crowd since everyone's in Houston this week.

Saw angela hill dressed like sagat for the weigh-ins. At first I thought she was being a pirate but then saw the hand wraps.

Guess she dressed as dhalsim for invicta before. She had another cool cosplay but I forgot what it was.
sprite2.gif

View media item 2322257View media item 2322258

Just moved from the pacific time zone to central time

Ain't no way people can live like this with sports events coming on so late. I can't believe it

Gonna be an adjustment on saturdays choosing between the club or watching the fights

Last edited:
Masvidal doesn't want any parts of Maia at this point.

People are finally starting to pay attention to him so it would be foolish to jump into that meat grinder.

It's a shame the Diaz brothers are holding out on fighting. So many interesting potential match ups.

Ain't no way people can live like this with sports events coming on so late. I can't believe it

Gonna be an adjustment on saturdays choosing between the club or watching the fights

Fs1 cards are low key lit. If I'm at the bar, I can throw on the fights on the xfinity app for any particular fight I'm looking to watch real quick.

Fs1 cards are low key lit. If I'm at the bar, I can throw on the fights on the xfinity app for any particular fight I'm looking to watch real quick.
If I'm at the bar it might be possible but I get pretty social when I'm out ...

Btw I agree with whoever said this was a curious match to make for jung. 4 years off and you give him someone like Bermudez? Why not give him someone a little less caliber

Go to a bar that shows the fight..I do that all the time and I'm on central time :lol:

Pretty normal to me..fights end around 11 something leaving you more than enough time to enjoy the night before the bars close

Last edited:
I'm on EST and I usually start at the bar before headed to the club. Going to the club before midnight is a no no :lol:

If it's a numbered PPV, I just go to the strip club that plays it on the big screen :rofl:

Go to a bar that shows the fight..I do that all the time and I'm on central time :lol:

Pretty normal to me..fights end around 11 something leaving you more than enough time to enjoy the night before the bars close
I guess you have to see it from my perspective. On the west we could watch fights at home and pay closer attention to the matches without distractions from the bar scene. By the end of the ppv we still had plenty of time to get ready to go out..

It's just new to me so it's an adjustment period, lived on pacific time my whole life lol

It appears nate Diaz has a match offered to him at UFC 211. Bj penn.com reported the apparent opponent is Eddie Alvarez

Dana white has confirmed he's offered nate Diaz a fight on mmajunkie however did not name the opponent

Last edited:
Eddie keeps getting the red pantie night.

Not sure how I feel about that fight. Nate is tough. He's got that tank. Solid boxing but no power. But Eddie is a grinder besides the poor strategy he used in his last fight.

Last edited:
That's a good fight with some of slick **** Eddie said about Nick leading up to the Conor fight.

If we're looking at reality though, the opposite seems to be the case.

But as I said, I have no problem with Maia waiting for his shot.

Last edited:

hows the quality? you just log in with your comcast acct, right?

I guess you have to see it from my perspective. On the west we could watch fights at home and pay closer attention to the matches without distractions from the bar scene. By the end of the ppv we still had plenty of time to get ready to go out..

It's just new to me so it's an adjustment period, lived on pacific time my whole life lol
I feel you I feel you..I prefer watching it at bars personally.. Usually gets extra lit during big fights. Feels like you're in the arena watching it live with everyone going ham during fights :lol: when going out the parties don't get started til around midnight anyway :evil: :evil: girls are already in that mood and you just slide through for the easy pickings :pimp: :pimp:

And I know what you're going through, brother..went from Cali to Minnesota.

Last edited:

People are finally starting to pay attention to him so it would be foolish to jump into that meat grinder.

It's a shame the Diaz brothers are holding out on fighting. So many interesting potential match ups.

Actually Maia apparently turned down the fight with masvidal and Jorge on Twitter getting at him for that

I feel you I feel you..I prefer watching it at bars personally.. Usually gets extra lit during big fights. Feels like you're in the arena watching it live with everyone going ham during fights :lol: when going out the parties don't get started til around midnight anyway :evil: :evil: girls are already in that mood and you just slide through for the easy pickings :pimp: :pimp:

And I know what you're going through, brother..went from Cali to Minnesota.
It's weird man just weird in terms of the sports dynamic. I'll adjust, I guess I'll just have to find some good bars that show the fights

As far as the possibility of nate vs Eddie, you have to know Eddie will shoot for take downs no matter what he has to eat to get a leg or two

After losing like that and admitting he didn't follow his game plan with Conor, he'll most likely make it a very boring match

Oh and by the way, there's some rumblings about bellator setting up Michael page vs Paul Daley in may

Would be intriguing after Daley spoke briefly on page, saying that page was not on daleys level in terms of experience

holloway just showed up on the prefight show, gonna be lame if they dont announce a fight

... nothing announced

Last edited:
I thought I heard Ariel mention the Daley vs MVP fight last week I think. It's a good fight since Daley isn't a "grappler." But ugh Koscheck vs MVP would probably be a better test. Stop treating the guy with kid gloves.

At least UFC testing PVZ and SSN.

Back
Top Bottom