The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I remember some basketball commentators pronounced his name “whale” and he got mad also. Surprised the guy is verified on twitter, hasn’t done anything in a decade.

Surprised the guy is verified on twitter, hasn’t done anything in a decade.

This opinion floors me everytime. Wale been on the radar for a decade. Album About Nothing came out 2015. Joint peaked at #1 on the Billboard 200. Hell, Shine (2017) lacked mainstream push and still peaked at #16 on the Billboard 200.

He doesn't have the popularity he did when No Hands released, but he still out there.

Homie do be too emotional tho. ***** literally lets everything get to him. He responds to internet **** like Mark Hunt

That seems like a tough match up for Jorge. I mean anyone Askren fights unless it is Khabib would be a odd fight but Masvidal better KO him before he gets taken down.

Don’t really follow or care to watch women’s fights but I do if it’s ppv. Have a feeling Rose gonna get knocked out by Andrade. She hits like a bus and has 5 rounds to land. Not sure Rose will be able to keep her down either.

Who you guys taking for the Barboza/Gaethje fight? Feel I’m gonna have to ice my legs just watching this fight. Gaethje defense is just so bad. Hands up but head movement is lacking. Thinking Barboza will eventually land a head kick. Should be entertaining.

Rose has reach though and if he can keep Jessica off, she could win like how Joanna won. But Andrade is like a mini pitbull. She'll just swing until she connects and KO's someone.

I have Baboza slightly winning only cause Gaethje will just strike with him. That wheel kick he has is scary.

I remember some basketball commentators pronounced his name “whale” and he got mad also. Surprised the guy is verified on twitter, hasn’t done anything in a decade.

it was the toronto broadcast team
matt devlin was clownin him right in front of him during a live broadcast :lol:
leo rautins was a former player and would have a sizeable reach advantage

Rose has reach though and if he can keep Jessica off, she could win like how Joanna won. But Andrade is like a mini pitbull. She'll just swing until she connects and KO's someone.

I have Baboza slightly winning only cause Gaethje will just strike with him. That wheel kick he has is scary.

Rose bae doesn’t throw a ton of volume strikes or have the takedown defense like joanna has. She is accurate though and needs to crack andrade clean to win.

I thought Lawler exposed Ben if anything.
I agree, it made him look quite human when in the minor leagues he was straight up demolishing folks, at least in the recent fights I had seen him

Not to say Askren isn't actually an elite fighter, it was just weird to me seeing him almost get beat to a pulp. Definitely beatable when I kinda gave him that Khabib level respect

Who is really saying he’s an elite fighter? He was fighting in Bellator and One.

Having said that. That Other League to UFC curse is real. Eddie Alvarez, Hector Lombard, etc. Even Gaethje got lucky in his first fight. Moraes lost.

I was really looking forward to Edwards/Masvidal. :frown:

Who is really saying he’s an elite fighter? He was fighting in Bellator and One.

Having said that. That Other League to UFC curse is real. Eddie Alvarez, Hector Lombard, etc. Even Gaethje got lucky in his first fight. Moraes lost.

Yea I hadn't seen Askren fight before his Lawler bout but heard he was like a Shields/Fitch/Sonnen type so not too excited. He does have some good wins but again those guys never fought in the ufc and we may never know if they were top ten UFC material.

I’m happy he gets a chance. Sucks he’s getting the murderers row from Uncle Dana.

He’s was hoping for that Till fight (seeing how his buddy Tyron dominated him with grappling).

July 6 is stacked!!!

Askren could be an elite fighter we don’t know yet. Alvarez became champ btw :lol:

But yeah lawler proved Ben ain’t untouchable

the funky one been legit

he shoulda been in the UFC 5-6 years ago though

TBH i don't know who leon edwards is nor do I care to see him fight masvidal or anyone else for that matter.

Also including Marlon in that "curse" is beyond silly. He lost a split to Assuncao then finished Sterling, Rivera and Assuncao

sorian, Leon is legit though. He can adapt to his opponent's best strength he too deserves to get a #1 contender fight

I think Askren gonna be the new Maia of the division (elite but one dimensional grappler)

He will mop most guys but there will be 1 or 2 guys who will be his kryptonite and keep him from the belt.

Askren could be an elite fighter we don’t know yet. Alvarez became champ btw :lol:

But yeah lawler proved Ben ain’t untouchable

Exactly. We don’t know. And the one thing we can say (cough Fedor), the competition in the UFC is the absolute top in MMA (not sayin there isn’t top talent out there, e.g. MM).

Going into his fight, we were literally in a conversation that Tyron was the greatest WW of all time. Despite the Rory, Marquardt losses and looking tentative sometimes. The comp in the UFC is legit. Usman came for that title. I’m not going to say every division is stacked like that (LHW, HW...the artist formerly known as feather). But you know the comp is real.

Ben is going to have to step it up. No resting on laurels here.

I'm one of the biggest Diamond guys here but I had him as the underdog going into the Max fight

However I just re-watched Diamond's last two fights.. man, I was more impressed than I thought I'd be with the diversity of his boxing. Mike Brown has done wonders for him. His punches were varied and came from all sorts of angles. His defense was kinda average but it's better than it was at 145. He's still sort of slow but I don't know if that's necessarily a big factor

Has all the makings for fight of the year imo

Back
Top Bottom