The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

KG has only had trouble making weight at WW.

Max looks much healthier at LW as it seems to be more of his natural weight. The best is blessed lol.

Anthony Smith doesn’t like Luke Rockhold, apparently

“That guys a f***ing piece of ****,” a fired up Smith said of Rockhold. “F**k Luke Rockhold. The first opportunity I get, I’m gonna drill a hole through Luke Rockhold’s f***ing face. I promise you guys that.”

“The first opportunity I get after this fight [with Gustafsson],” he said. “It doesn’t matter what happens. I’ll fight Luke Rockhold with one f***ing leg. I’m going to beat that dude’s f***ing ***.”

The way I see the main event happening is that it comes down to whether “Diamond” can put out Max in the first two rounds. If not, which I suspect will be the case, “Blessed” with the constant pressure and death by accumulation will stop Poirier in R4 or R5.

I’ve got Gastelum by decision, 49-46. Even though I’m personally rooting for Adesanya. I’ll post a more detailed breakdown later but Gastelum is incredibly well-rounded despite rockin’ the dad bod and looking like the least athletic dude at MW. Got a chin on him. Can box, wrestle. Got experience against top-quality competition.

Logical breakdown’s aside. I’m superstitious about Israel. Dude seems destined for greatness. I’m a believer in this Nigerian takeover too lol. I think he’s gonna keep it rolling. He made me a fan the first time I saw him fight so I’m rooting for him as well. But this is for sure a real test and I’m nervous for him but I’m also excited to see if he can prove how legit he might really be.

Dustin on a roll these last 2 years but Max is on another level in my opinion. I think Max finishes him with pressure as well.

TJ Dillashaw’s full statement can be read below:

“I messed up and am having a hard time trying to forgiving myself for this — which I should have a hard time. I should have a hard time forgiving myself.

“I understand the criticism and scrutiny coming my way. But what I really feel bad about is the bad light I’ve brought on my coaches, my family, my teammates. They had no involvement in this. I feel the worst for them.

“I got a 15-month-old son, who I want to be a role model for. I’m sure there’s a lot of other kids out there too. It’s tough. But I have to man up to what I did. I accepted all the penalties. I didn’t try to fight this thing. I’m going to sit for the next two years.

“As of January 18, 2021, I’m allowed to come back. The road to come back is — I had shoulder surgery yesterday on my right shoulder. Two months later, I’m getting my left one done. I had torn rotator cuffs and labrums for the last two and a half years I’ve been dealing with. It’ll be nice to get those healed up and come back.

“I’ve had people tell me I should just disappear and let this stuff die out — let this thing die out and just disappear. I don’t think that’s the way I’m handling this thing. Going at it head first. [I’m] showing my son that when you make a mistake, you face it to its face. You don’t run from it. Trust me, I’d love to run away and hide in a cave for the next two years and continue to grow out this ****ty beard.

“It’s been weighing on me and like I said, it should be. This is who I am. I’m a fighter and I’ll fight my way through this one. I’d like to apologize to my fans, anyone I’ve let down, my family, my coaches, my teammates. I can’t say sorry enough for the stuff you’re dealing with because of me.

“This won’t be the end of me. I’ll be back. I’m making you a promise now that I’ll be back better. I’ll be back stronger. I’ll prove that the hard work I put into it got me to where I’m at and not the bad decisions I made. That’s all I can do. All I can do to redeem myself is work hard. Be better. I want to be better. I will.”

“He was right and when I heard about it – I think maybe two days after he said it – I was like, ‘Oh, really?’” Adesanya told TMZ Sports, discussing Jones’ interest in a fight with him (transcript via MMA Fighting). “I had receipts. I had some screenshots from prior and then I posted them to show that I was already on that same plane. So yeah, great minds think alike.

“It does tickle my loins,” Adesanya added. “It does make me feel some type of way. I like challenges. [Jones] is the GOAT right now, right? I’ve already killed one GOAT, I’m hunting the next.”

“He was right and when I heard about it – I think maybe two days after he said it – I was like, ‘Oh, really?’” Adesanya told TMZ Sports, discussing Jones’ interest in a fight with him (transcript via MMA Fighting). “I had receipts. I had some screenshots from prior and then I posted them to show that I was already on that same plane. So yeah, great minds think alike.

“It does tickle my loins,” Adesanya added. “It does make me feel some type of way. I like challenges. [Jones] is the GOAT right now, right? I’ve already killed one GOAT, I’m hunting the next.”

i'm trying to figure out why jones called him out in the first place. dude said **** them heavyweights i need someone smaller. :lol:

I want to see it get to the mat, Dustin has gone away from his grappling for the most part since moving to 155 but it's top tier imo. He's a much better striker than Ortega at this stage, it'll be cool to see if Dustin can get Max into some trouble and then go for a sub and see if Max can get out

I'm excited af for these two fights

I give the kicking edge to Max. The grappling to Porier. Power to Porier. Volume, pressure and cardio to Bless.

It really could go either way but I WANT Max to win.

And this is definitely Israel’s toughest challenge.

This is bitter sweet for me since Max and Dustin are two of the most enjoyable fighters imo both seem like good fathers. Always loyal to WEC and what Dustin does in charity is really cool

Knowing that damage will be inflicted and potentially worse. And one will take that L. Tough

On the other hand one of them will hopefully get a title fight and even more money.. and it has Fight of the Year potential

Mos Def.

I’m not big on rematches. But I’m super behind this fight. They both been going hard since their Conor losses.

The only other rematch which will never happen is DJ/Cejudo.

Tony/Khabib is the only other fight I want.

Back
Top Bottom