The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I sort of want Jorge to fight Leon but that fight just doesn't make sense for him.

I am down for Colby and T-Woods. I always thought Woodley would handle Colby but from his last fight, I think it would be pretty close.

Dana's one of them right-leaning deniers.
This is going to look super ugly if he forges ahead with events and something happens.
Short term thinking > long term thinking is so stupid
Dana’s not “right leaning” he’s a full on maga guy. He converted a few fighters like cowboy too.

UFC 249 outside the U.S.?? I'm not sold that's an option only a month out.

Bigger picture, if events continue to get cancelled in the coming months I'm hoping they either do 2 cards a week later in the year or stack some cards.

ngl, the anticipation for this fight has died way down for me. I wish it wasn't true but people dying, hospitals getting overran, all other sports cancelled, no buildup for the fight, no fans, not even a set location

Prize fighting can't be done like this, it isn't optimal. Don't get me wrong, the Brazil card was ok and it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be but still, it felt incredibly empty

Khabib v Tony by all means doesn't deserve to be held in these conditions

They’re fighters, they ready to tear each others’ head off whether it’s in front of a crowd of thousands or in front of no one.

Meh disagree. Managing emotions and avoiding adrenaline dump is part of the sport... no crowd kinda changes everything tbh

Yet nobody argued whether or not fighters themselves are ready to fight in these conditions. They would risk even worse diseases to support their families and get paid

As far as the sporting experience, to have a monumental fight take place like this, just doesn’t do it justice

Yeah, the fight/fighters dont deserve this type of stress coming in to a fight. This could potentially be a fighters only chance to fight for a belt or contender spot.

“Think about this: Go online and look at some of these people – and this isn’t a knock, this is just a fact: The weakest, wimpiest people on earth cover the biggest, baddest sport on earth,” White said. “What do you expect them to say? What do you think they’re gonna say?

“I have over 350 employees who work for me. Multi-billion-dollar companies are laying off all their employees right now. We haven’t laid off one person at the UFC. And every fighter that fights for me will fight three times this year. Our schedule will go on. Everybody’s gonna get paid, and we will figure this out, and we will be the first sport back on. And, uh, f--- that s---. Everything will go on.”

“Listen, the media can talk as much sh*t as they want,” White said. “They don’t feed families. They don’t take care of f*cking people. They don’t have people that count on them. They don’t have people to support. We’re doing the right thing as far medical testing goes and everything. That’s all we f*cking do. That’s nothing new. We were doing that sh*t way before the coronavirus. We were taking care of people and making sure that everybody’s healthy, and every fighter that’s with me on the road is getting much better medical attention than they are at home – if they’re with me. You know what I mean?

OMG :lol::lol::lol:

darrent stewart is a ****ing bum, dude got straight up dominated by a welterweight. :lol:

With the amount of international fighters having to fly in from wherever I don’t see how the fight happens.

even the amount of people necessary to operate an event. Cameramen, press, security, refs, etc

Well Khabib is now in Russia, https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...rced-to-move-ufc-249-training-camp-to-russia/
With all the health concerns, travel bans, etc. Dana and Co. should just give up and accept this fight is not happening for a few months minimum. Tony may also have a hard time getting to Russia, Dubai or whatever country will agree to hold the fight.

IF this fight is really going to happen, these fighters need to be in the city it is going to happen quarantined right now.

Back
Top Bottom