The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

kH9mO.gif

The character Dana plays is really evil

Hope it’s a character lol

It’s not. He’s part of the deep corporate state in this country. I’m channeling my Eddie Bravo right now.

With the amount of international fighters having to fly in from wherever I don’t see how the fight happens.

even the amount of people necessary to operate an event. Cameramen, press, security, refs, etc

The fact they’re going forward with 249. The pandemic is only getting worse. They’re risking their fighters and staff.

they’ll probably make money though. A lot since there’s no competition.

Only thing I can think of is they have a venue with a whole separate building(s) to house the other fighters between fights. That way they only have two teams and the UFC personnel in a building at a time. Fights over, they leave the building, and the next two come through.
I’m honestly more interested in here this fight will take place.

Really interested to hear the location and details of where/how the fight will be held. If it does go down I'm sure the rest of the card will be highly modified with cancelled fights or substitutions.

Really interested to hear the location and details of where/how the fight will be held. If it does go down I'm sure the rest of the card will be highly modified with cancelled fights or substitutions.
Or they have all the fights in remote locations.

No way they have multiple fights in different venues, it all has to be at the same place. I def think there will be substitutions and changes to the card as a whole

I always thought it is digusting to have an entire card of fighters all roll on the same canvas with everyone's blood, saliva, and sweat. Is there any way to change the floor for each fight?

They gonna tell the coaching staff to stream it via FaceTime?

Each fight location would need a separate camera crew
LOL yep no way that happens. Not sure about the mat though but I'm assuming they can't just easily swap it after each fight, wonder if they'll just put some sanitizer on it after each fight.

I don’t think it’s distasteful.

I actually think it’s admirable dana trying to give people some sense of normalcy and a much needed distraction from all this corona hyperbole...

if my job was shutdown and my employer gave me the option to come to work and earn in a controlled environment, I would.

no one putting a gun to these fighters heads and forcing them to put themselves at risk....bro we all are already at risk doing everyday regular stuff...

if anything while these guys are on site I’m sure everything will be more sanitized and sterile than your local Safeway, Walmart or target.

if guys want to fight, let them.

Last edited:
If Dana doesn’t supply testing for all those involved that’d be sketch as hell

If I was a fighter and being there’s no union, and you can’t get paid unless you fight, of course I’m fighting. Test or no test even if I was fighting someone positive, might still fight depending on my financial circumstances

That’s a separate topic than Dana forcing these events to continue. If he has testing and everyone came back negative, ok that’s better

If Dana doesn’t supply testing for all those involved that’d be sketch as hell

If I was a fighter and being there’s no union, and you can’t get paid unless you fight, of course I’m fighting. Test or no test even if I was fighting someone positive, might still fight depending on my financial circumstances

That’s a separate topic than Dana forcing these events to continue. If he has testing and everyone came back negative, ok that’s better

Dana acting like big brother Trump (who wants things to go back to normal in April).

There isn’t a union. They’re not employees. The insurance is sketchy. What’s the possibility of them getting money while COVID-19?

And if he was offering tests (and the fighters being allowed to pull out if their opponent tests positive), money to cover the risk of exposure, travel, lodging, etc that would be a different story.

Francis says they’re testing everyone and could fight on the khabib Tony card

“I got tested,” Ngannou told Submission Radio. “They got me tested for COVID-19. I guess they tested all the fighters, too, which is kind of like a positive thing. Make you feel a little bit safe to get along with those people.”

idk why i got a feeling one of khabib or ferguson or other guys in the card will get positive check on coronavirus right before the event so the event (will) be cancel again:smh:

Back
Top Bottom