The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I want weidman to lose so this long island guy I know from high school can't talk ish anymore. Dude is the most annoying whenever the guy wins.

I imagine it's unbearable, and that accent 
laugh.gif

I've enjoyed Rockhold since Strikeforce and Weidman is always fun to watch to me

Got to admit that I'm not as excited for aldo and Mcgregor as I was a few months back. I'm sure they going to market and build up the fight in the following month, but I don't feel as excited. Connors ish talking was great the first time around, it'll look a little tired and boring when he does it again.

I kind of agree, but I also know when (or if) they're standing across each other in the cage, I'ma be HYPED.

Welp, Duffy suffered a mild concussion and has been ruled out of the fight. No replacement

The UFC's statement can be seen below."Due to a medical issue involving UFC lightweight Joe Duffy, the new main event of UFC FIGHT NIGHT in Ireland on Saturday will be a three-round bout featuring hometown hero Paddy Holohan vs. Louis Smolka.

"Having learned that Duffy received a strike to the head during training earlier this week, UFC sent him for medical tests in Ireland for precautionary purposes. The results determined that Duffy suffered a mild concussion and due to the proximity of the fight this Saturday UFC will not permit him to compete. The health and safety of UFC athletes will continue to be the top priority for the organization. As such, UFC has respected standard athletic commission regulations, which recommend a medical suspension from competition as a result of the concussion.

"Duffy's original opponent, Dustin Poirier, will be rescheduled for another event. Fans seeking ticket refunds as a result of the main event changes can do so through Ticketmaster at the point of purchase."

Last edited:
@TheNotoriousMMA 4m4 minutes ago
I will give peanut another crack at the King no sweat.
I'll take the gate. It's my gate anyway. A cool 7. Cash.
See you at the weigh ins.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, DANA. SAVE THE CARD.

#ConorBless

It's be funny to see poirier lose to that clown again. So disappointing we won't see Duffy knock him out.

Well since the 2nd coming of Christ can fight thru any injury, he can take this fight and then be good for aldo regardless of what happens
Don't care what or who Conor thinks he is, there's no way I'm actively rooting for Conor to take a fight before Aldo. I need to see that fight

I could give two ***** less about a rematch with Dustin

Last edited:
Garbrandt the type dude u want with u in a street fight, literally said nothin the whole time til it was time to do sumn lol

In interviews I feel like he got a screw loose. In that war machine type of way but obviously not to that extent

He really is bout that life I would guess

Michael Page is fed up

"It gets a bit annoying sometimes," Page told MMAFighting.com. "You get into this sport to challenge yourself against the best and show what you can do."

"I can't say fighters are ducking me, because it's the type of thing you can't prove," Page said. "This is the type of situation you see a lot when you first break in, but you don't expect to see after you get to a certain point."

"I"m going to respect any fighter who steps into the cage with me," Page said. "It doesn't matter if his name isn't as big as mine. This is his first chance in the spotlight, and he's been working hard. It would be a disservice to both him and I if I acted like he didn't belong in there with me."

"Ultimately it's about getting to the top and winning the belt," Page said. "If they called and offered a Lima fight, I'd take it. If they offered me a title shot, I'd take it. I just don't want any more situations like this one."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom