The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

OK. You've gone from trolling to full blown moron.

Stick to Pro Wrestling.
Why do people assume she "didn't respect" Holly's boxing?

How about the fact that Holly's boxing (movement, angles, counters etc.) was too good for her to get past?

She got the clinch. Couldn't do anything with it.

The same could very well be the case with Floyd.

And you guys need to consider that boxers do a lot of infighting. And yes, Floyd has done his fair share.

It's not like they're completely foreign to being in close quarters, understanding leverage etc. in the clinch.
dude is a troll man ....

didn't respect = she was out classed.

Ronda even said what Holly game plan was going to be - Holly did exactly everything Ronda knew she would do and still she couldn't do anything. When they clinched her Judo didn't worked and she was slammed silly on her weight shifting failure .... Holly is a professional with tons of experience unlike the fighters Ronda has been fighting all this years!

You do know they box in MMA right? Did you not see that last night?

You're acting like Boxing and MMA are mutually exclusive. They're not. They're very much intertwined.

If you can't close the distance properly, you can't land a takedown.

Where is this prolific kicking you've seen from Ronda? Did Holly have to check a single kick last night?

The answers are right in front of your face if you just open your eyes.

If you STILL need people to "explain" it further.....well.....ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Against a boxer, an MMA fighter could bear crawl to close the distance. 

Stick to Pro Wrestling.
And you're probably right about the punches coming from Floyd. Like I said, Ronda clearly didn't respect Holly's boxing. But I refuse to believe she'd approach Floyd with the same disrespect.

How about the fact that Holly's boxing (movement, angles, counters etc.) was too good for her to get past?

And you guys need to consider that boxers do a lot of infighting. And yes, Floyd has done his fair share.

It's not like they're completely foreign to being in close quarters, understanding leverage etc. in the clinch.
Bro, have the conversation at hand.  No need for the name calling or the condescending ********.  It's all hypothetical.

And why wouldn't a bear crawl or similar low level approach work on a boxer?  It worked for Inoki vs Ali, granted that was an exhibition.

I'm gonna ask you like you asked me, did you watch the fight?  Ronda ran in there all kinds of stupid.  No head movement, no nothing.  She was a sitting duck.  You don't do that against someone who's boxing you respect.

And boxers do a lot of infighting.  That is true.  I just think Ronda's judo would be too much.  Even though she got washed, doesn't change that she's a top level judoka.

Stick to Pro Wrestling.

dude is a troll man ....

didn't respect = she was out classed.

Ronda even said what Holly game plan was going to be - Holly did exactly everything Ronda knew she would do and still she couldn't do anything. When they clinched her Judo didn't worked and she was slammed silly on her weight shifting failure .... Holly is a professional with tons of experience unlike the fighters Ronda has been fighting all this years!
Check my history fam.  I don't post in here enough to be a troll.  I just have a differing opinion from you.  I'm stating my case and you're stating yours.  That's all.  I'm not calling you a troll because you have a differing opinion.  Give me the same credit.

You do know they box in MMA right? Did you not see that last night?

You're acting like Boxing and MMA are mutually exclusive. They're not. They're very much intertwined.

If you can't close the distance properly, you can't land a takedown.

Where is this prolific kicking you've seen from Ronda? Did Holly have to check a single kick last night?

The answers are right in front of your face if you just open your eyes.

If you STILL need people to "explain" it further.....well.....ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Against a boxer, an MMA fighter could bear crawl to close the distance. 

Stick to Pro Wrestling.
And you're probably right about the punches coming from Floyd. Like I said, Ronda clearly didn't respect Holly's boxing. But I refuse to believe she'd approach Floyd with the same disrespect.

Bro, have the conversation at hand.  No need for the name calling or the condescending ********.  It's all hypothetical.

And why wouldn't a bear crawl or similar low level approach work on a boxer?  It worked for Inoki vs Ali, granted that was an exhibition.

I'm gonna ask you like you asked me, did you watch the fight?  Ronda ran in there all kinds of stupid.  No head movement, no nothing.  She was a sitting duck.  You don't do that against someone who's boxing you respect.

And boxers do a lot of infighting.  That is true.  I just think Ronda's judo would be too much.  Even though she got washed, doesn't change that she's a top level judoka.

Sometimes it isn't name calling. Sometimes it's an observation based on a reasonable sample size.

You think Ronda can "bear crawl" faster than Floyd can move on his two feet?

I already explained what Ronda did. I don't know how much clearer I can be.

But I guess you think her lack of head movement was based on a lack of "respect" for the boxing of one of the most decorated female boxers of all time.

Where I think he lack of head movement was based on her lack of boxing ability. Since she has shown this in pretty much every fight she's been in.

So we'll just agree to disagree then and keep it moving.

@criscyborg
I don't understand why you would decide to be a #DNB when you're getting kicked in the head [emoji]128584[/emoji][emoji]128584[/emoji][emoji]128584[/emoji]

The vid
laugh.gif

roll.gif

That is GOLD :lol:

UFC brass need to push to have Holly on all these late night talk shows this week.

Last edited:
Sometimes it isn't name calling. Sometimes it's an observation based on a reasonable sample size.

But I guess you think her lack of head movement was based on a lack of "respect" for the boxing of one of the most decorated female boxers of all time.

Where I think he lack of head movement was based on her lack of boxing ability. Since she has shown this in pretty much every fight she's been in.

I'm too smart to be a moron, brother.  We have differing opinions but that's all.  You're laying it out as clear as I am.  Difference is you're choosing not to respect my opinions and calling me names.

And whether it's a bear crawl or whatever, there are plenty of ways for to nullify a boxer's strengths in an MMA environment.

I never once said that Holly didn't outclass her.  It was pretty evident.  I also don't think Ronda's that good at the stand up.  But Ronda nor her corner adjusted.  To me, that shows a lack of respect because you had no other game plan.

But I agree, let's keep it moving. 

And whether it's a bear crawl or whatever, there are plenty of ways for to nullify a boxer's strengths in an MMA environment.
The point is she has to find a way in. That means tasting Floyd's hands regardless. Holm hurt her with ONE punch. What do you think Floyd would do?

I'm too smart to be a moron, brother. We have differing opinions but that's all. You're laying it out as clear as I am. Difference is you're choosing not to respect my opinions and calling me names.

I never once said that Holly didn't outclass her. It was pretty evident. I also don't think Ronda's that good at the stand up. But Ronda nor her corner adjusted. To me, that shows a lack of respect because you had no other game plan.

But I agree, let's keep it moving.

I'm not going to respect an opinion just because it's an opinion. Educated opinion? Yes. Any opinion? No.

Your corner shouldn't have to tell you to slip punches and move your head if you're a professional fighter. Fighting a world class boxer.

Some people just CAN'T adjust because they aren't at the skill level at the time to do so. She has shown this on multiple occasions.

Even in her great run, she has shown major flaws in her stand up that have been discussed ad-nauseum. Come to terms with it.

Wise of you to move the "bear crawl" goal post though :lol:

Last edited:
forget Floyd, do y'all think Ronda could beat urijah Faber or Dominick Cruz , let alone even take them down. ?

Do you think she could withstand a single solid strike from either?

If they weren't allowed to strike do u think she could sub them?

I chose them bc they are tiny guys with good athleticism. Much smaller guys than Floyd, much less athletic...

I'm not going to respect an opinion just because it's an opinion. Educated opinion? Yes. Any opinion? No.

Your corner shouldn't have to tell you to slip punches and move your head if you're a professional fighter. Fighting a world class boxer.

Some people just CAN'T adjust because they aren't at the skill level at the time to do so. She has shown this on multiple occasions.

Even in her great run, she has shown major flaws in her stand up that have been discussed ad-nauseum. Come to terms with it.

Wise of you to move the "bear crawl" goal post though
laugh.gif
If you're choosing not to respect my opinion or me, why are you still talking about it?  Obviously you have it in your head that your knowledge is somehow superior to mines.

I can't believe there's people that actually think Ronda has a chance vs Floyd and continue this discussion. As if Floyd won't have time to train for takedowns and leg kicks. Floyd will destroy Ronda, in MMA, boxing, any sport except pie eating contests. And I ain't even a Floyd fan. This conversation is ridiculous.

Hopefully the Floyd stans and Ronda believers here will go away so the true MMA fight fans can continue discussing further UFC and future events.

Last edited:

The point is she has to find a way in. That means tasting Floyd's hands regardless. Holm hurt her with ONE punch. What do you think Floyd would do?
There are plenty of ways in without leaving yourself open to being punched.  Randy Couture and Royce Gracie and others have proven that.

Wise of you to move the "bear crawl" goal post though :lol:

If you're choosing not to respect my opinion or me, why are you still talking about it?  Obviously you have it in your head that your knowledge is somehow superior to mines.

I'm just the type of person that can't sit idly by when outlandish statements are being made.

I.e. "bear crawl".

There are plenty of ways in without leaving yourself open to being punched.  Randy Couture and Royce Gracie and others have proven that.
Man you sound like Rich Franklin in TUF ...

Giving advice on starting the fighting with a knee down .....

THe fighters looked at him like wth are you talking about .... LMAO

Last edited:
Perfect style and perfect game plan.

And Tim Kennedy is an idiot.

I was just told about and led to Tim's other tweets.

The one I saw about Jackson and Wink was apparently sarcasm based on the tweets around it.

Don't want to slander the man if he don't deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom