The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

The #12 ranked P4P guy that has a couple losses on his record is Ronda Rousey? :lol:

Ronda Rousey was ranked #4 on that same list, and after her loss to Holm she dropped down to #11. The UFCs p4p list is basically irrelevant :lol:

And the Conor Ronda comparison is kinda fair, both talented fighters that are getting a crazy marketing push who happen to have very visible holes in their game. Ronda's striking is Conor's wrestling.

I respect that the guy managed to get back to his feet and knocked Chad out, but I 100% believe that Chad with a full camp has the cardio to control that guy for 5 rounds. The blueprint is there for Frankie or even Aldo if they choose to use it.

No, that comparison really isn't fair, at all.

Women's MMA is a damn joke, how many elite women are in MMA?

2 or 3? Maybe 4?

Women's MMA right now is a bunch of soccer moms that decided to hit mits in their spare time, it needs way more time to evolve.

Also, this whole "if Chad had a full camp" thing is so tired.

What if Conor had a full camp to prepare for a wrestler?

What if Conor was actually healthy and wasn't getting stem cell shots in his knee weeks before the fight?

It goes both ways.

Most fighters have holes in their games, it is what it is.

Anderson Silva was an offensive wizard, one of the greatest fighters ever. Guess what, his takedown defense stunk.

Aldo, another offensive wizard. I can't really sit here and pretend like he doesn't fade considerably in the championship rounds, tho.

Machida, probably my favorite fighter ever, one of the best counter strikers in MMA. Make him lead and he tends to do nothing the entire fight, :lol: :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ronda 

nerd.gif
I can imagine Ronda watching this image ....

Last edited:
holm is TMT

so...holly can take floyd if they threw down right now, no holds barred, right?
not serious

There's a reason he's trying to buddy buddy up with her, so he can be on her good side and she won't have to call him out and he don't have to duck her.

On a side note, surprised Aldo's the underdog. Thinking about putting money on him.

Last edited:
TF? Duck her? Yea bruh women vs men MMA fights get sanctioned all the time.

Yep....

Add her to this list of people Floyd "ducking".

GGG,
Rousey,
Wladimir Klitschko,
Batman,
ISIS,
Chuck Norris.

Did I get them all? FFS man...

TF? Duck her? Yea bruh women vs men MMA fights get sanctioned all the time.

Yep....

Add her to this list of people Floyd "ducking".

GGG,
Rousey,
Wladimir Klitschko,
Batman,
ISIS,
Chuck Norris.

Did I get them all? FFS man...

Damn, NT needs to not only put the New Posts Notification back on, but they really need to put an automatic "Sarcasm" sensing feature. Because The original man I quoted was sarcastic and I was just playing along. But nice to see you're a die hard super Floyd defender though.

Bruh, after all the outlandish names I've heard people say Floyd has ducked, I wouldn't have been surprised if you were serious.

I wonder if floyd's haters will talk crap about Holm now like they did with the female Arizona Cardinals coach when she accepted an inviation to his fight.

No, that comparison really isn't fair, at all.

Women's MMA is a damn joke, how many elite women are in MMA?

2 or 3? Maybe 4?

Women's MMA right now is a bunch of soccer moms that decided to hit mits in their spare time, it needs way more time to evolve.

Also, this whole "if Chad had a full camp" thing is so tired.

What if Conor had a full camp to prepare for a wrestler?

What if Conor was actually healthy and wasn't getting stem cell shots in his knee weeks before the fight?

It goes both ways.

Most fighters have holes in their games, it is what it is.

Anderson Silva was an offensive wizard, one of the greatest fighters ever. Guess what, his takedown defense stunk.

Aldo, another offensive wizard. I can't really sit here and pretend like he doesn't fade considerably in the championship rounds, tho.

Machida, probably my favorite fighter ever, one of the best counter strikers in MMA. Make him lead and he tends to do nothing the entire fight, :lol: :frown:

Women's mma is definitely weak and everybody has holes, I agree. Regardless of that, McGregor has had a weak schedule but still manages to be a 2 to 1 betting favorite against a guy that hasn't lost a fight in almost 10 years. And the stem cell shots I can't really speak on because I don't know the severity, I don't think anybody besides Conor and his camp know. What I do know is Chad nailed him clean with a bunch of shots and took him down at will until he gassed out, that's all I have to go on.

Basically I don't think everything we've seen from him should equate to a 2 to 1 favorite and all the media hype but we'll see on the 12th tho. If he wrecks Aldo you can't do anything but take your hat off to the guy, that's about as legit a win as you can get in UFC

Yea, we'll see in a few weeks but I think Aldo is in a lot of trouble.

Conor's power is severely underrated and if Aldo goes in there and stands in front of him like he stood in front of Chad that last fight, I think it's going to over quick.

Back to Ronda for a second, tho.

Why is it that whenever we get a dominate champion, there's ALWAYS talks of said champ moving up a division but when Ronda is going in the cage and ripping girls arms off in 4 seconds, Cyborg has to cut weight to get a fight?

That always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

The UFC is telling us this girl is basically the baddest B on the planet, a once in a LIFETIME talent but she can't go up to a weight she fought at previously to fight Cyborg?

Uncle Dana really pisses me off sometimes, :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
She been ducking her since strikeforce. They were in the same division and cyborg was the champ so honda moved down. She didn't want to get her skull cracked.

obviously if conor wins, his era/reign begins...

but if aldo wins, where does this put him in the GOAT conversation?

obviously if conor wins, his era/reign begins...

but if aldo wins, where does this put him in the GOAT conversation?

Beating connor puts u in the goat convo?? He's already in it, he's def top 3 p4p

Connor ain't a proven guy still. The win over mendes still comes with doubt. He got exposed and it was chad who literally only had time to cut weight

:D

And the scary part is that she's only been doing this for four years.

Sky is the limit for Holm.

Last edited:
Yawn, McGregor, maybe it isn't Aldo but it's only a matter of time someone beats that clown the **** up.

Probably Frankie, decisively.

Many fights at 155 easier than fighting Aldo
Well, yeah. Aldo is one of the All-Time fighters. Still, going up against bigger guys will take a toll on Conor even with his own size. A lineup of Pettis, Khabib, RDA, Benson, Cowboy is brutal. Even guys like Ferguson, Barboza, Johnson. Plus there's always that rematch with Duffy

Sure those guys might be "easier" but not by much

Last edited:
Well, yeah. Aldo is one of the All-Time fighters. Still, going up against bigger guys will take a toll on Conor even with his own size. A lineup of Pettis, Khabib, RDA, Benson, Cowboy is brutal. Even guys like Ferguson, Barboza, Johnson. Plus there's always that rematch with Duffy

Sure those guys might be "easier" but not by much

All this.

Conor will be food at 155, num, num, num.

Back
Top Bottom