The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Because she wasn't marketed as being a contender. The talk before was "is this too big a step for Paige?"

She's touted as being an up and comer who is extremely marketable due to her looks

So in other words she's being pushed because of something having nothing to do with her actual skill in the cage. That's the definition of manufactured to me bruh. None of that marketing lasts unless you win fights.

Got to be fun to be a woman in MMA right now. You can have the skill level of a top amateur dude and fight in a main event with the UFC.

Y'all actually pay for fight pass?
nah. last ufc i paid for was page/evans and before that probably ufc 63
laugh.gif

Got to be fun to be a woman in MMA right now. You can have the skill level of a top amateur dude and fight in a main event with the UFC.

:lol: Bingo.

But she does have heart though. She needs more time in the gym, she could be pretty nice down the road.

Not watching, but reading the comments it seems that PVZ is getting Rondaed[emoji]8482[/emoji]

So in other words she's being pushed because of something having nothing to do with her actual skill in the cage. That's the definition of manufactured to me bruh. None of that marketing lasts unless you win fights.
It's a new division. If you think she hasn't shown any skill before tonight, fine. look at who challenged JJ last fight..

The commentary in the UFC is so terrible. Rose is straight dominating the fight and all they do is talk about Paige's future and will to continue.

UFC commentary been terrible, that's nothing new. However Stann is excellent most of the time, he knows his X's and O's. In fact he was giving Rose props the entire fight and called out PVZ's technique throughout

Commentating in most sports is terrible tbh

Last edited:
- oh man PVZ got worked but damn she is one tough girl. How the hell did she get her arms out of those arm bars. Hopefully she improves her striking because she was getting killed when they were standing in the pocket. Shes 21 and young so I believe she will improve if she really wants it.

- Thug rose
pimp.gif
she made me a fan tonight and also her in the embedded videos. Shes looks better if she grows her hair back IMO but damn she beasted on PVZ.

- Claudia fighting JJ next for the title? JJ is a beast and I think she will be the 115 champ for a while

Sage didn't know the cage would be smaller 
laugh.gif

Dana saying the stand up was ridiculous 

Sterling: "Maybe Caraway will stop hiding another Meisha Tate's tit and come fight me"

Rose not at the presser yet but PVZ showed up. Tearing up answering these questions. She's taking it hard, but she admitted she was outclassed in every way said she will go back and work on technique

Dana said Claudia will be next for JJ

Michael Chisea is really feeling himself 
laugh.gif

It's a new division. If you think she hasn't shown any skill before tonight, fine. look at who challenged JJ last fight..

See I think I've heard more about Paige Vanzant from Dana and the UFC this year than I've heard about JJ, which is basically my point. And I'm almost sure that financially that might even be the right move, but I'm still not a fan of manufactured hype in any arena, sports or otherwise.

She's definitely early in the game though. She gets some more time in the gym and she might actually get to where they want her to be.

See I think I've heard more about Paige Vanzant from Dana and the UFC this year than I've heard about JJ, which is basically my point. And I'm almost sure that financially that might even be the right move, but I'm still not a fan of manufactured hype in any arena, sports or otherwise.

She's definitely early in the game though. She gets some more time in the gym and she might actually get to where they want her to be.
I guess it is what it is, being that it's a new division and it's a women's division. I get what you're saying. My main thing is they may promote her and plaster her face everywhere, but they aren't pushing her as something she's not

Women probably don't deserve main events, as sexist as that may sound. It doesn't happen often

I am a PVZ fan but damn
roll.gif
@ might mouse for saying he thinks PVZ could beat JJ before her fight tonight

I am a PVZ fan but damn
roll.gif
@ might mouse for saying he thinks PVZ could beat JJ before her fight tonight
DJ 
mean.gif
 he seems like an intelligent guy too

Who the hell says something like that 
laugh.gif

Claudia a legit test for JJ? 
nerd.gif

What is with Sage man. He is too happy 
roll.gif

Last edited:

DJ 
mean.gif
 he seems like an intelligent guy too

Who the hell says something like that 
laugh.gif

Claudia a legit test for JJ? 
nerd.gif
edit: guess people gave him **** about it
laugh.gif

Screen_Shot_2015_12_11_at_12_44_32_AM.png

But DJ did say that Conor would beat Aldo
nerd.gif
.... I hope he goes 0 for 2.

Never seen their 1st fight but I heard it was super close and I will definitely watch it before they fight which might be a while since JJ broke her hand again

Last edited:
I don't hate Paige, but everyone saw this *** whooping coming a mile away.

Danawas so thirsty to make ole girl a star, he threw her to the wolves hoping she could pull something out so he could fast track her, and she got ate. Poor thing

But she really needs to get better, she got by on her looks. Now that she has been exposed, hopefully this is a wake up call for her.

Cause she can't allow herself to get washed like that again. :lol:

Funny how Rose was tossing around PvZ like a rag doll on 5 weeks notice for 5 rounds but this dude Chad was "gassed" after 2 minutes against Conor.

Funny how Rose was tossing around PvZ like a rag doll on 5 weeks notice for 5 rounds but this dude Chad was "gassed" after 2 minutes against Conor.

Chad was in the forest hunting when he got the call, not to mention alot of his time was spent cutting weight, if I had to guess that wasn't a main concern for rose

I feel like hanging out with sage for a few hours I would snap on him like "stop being so ****** nice" lol

World needs more ppl like him

Chad was in the forest hunting when he got the call, not to mention alot of his time was spent cutting weight, if I had to guess that wasn't a main concern for rose

That's nice, I just hate excuses from high level athletes.

Chad is a dude who's always going to be in the picture for a title shot, dude should be ready at all times.

Instead, dude gets KO'd and I have to hear from Urijah about how Chad was hunting quail when he got the call from Uncle Dana.

Also, we don't know what Rose's main concerns were.

All we know is that she took the fight on short notice, went in there and tossed a pretty good opponent around for over 20 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
lets be real, chad slipped up going for the choke and let connor get up to punish him

had chad held connor down the whole round, he could have been doing the same the next round and the round after that and so on and we wouldnt be hearing about how he gassed

the fight just didnt go his way

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom