The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Vitor was definitely on trt if not roids

Romero got lucky in two different fights and rockhold would dismantle him IMO. Dude has about one round of cardio

MW division is getting kind of old in age except Weidman. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out

did ya not see conor handle THE MOUNTAIN? i wouldn't bet against this guy. learned my lesson

Come on now The Mountain would pull an Oberyn on him if it was real
laugh.gif

True story on Ferguson/Barboza.

I don't know if I buy into this whole "took years off each other". Aldo had 14 months after the Chad fight to recover.

Chad got torched by Aldo the first time and still came back pretty strong.

Look at Frankie. Son was knocked silly by Gray on multiple occasions. Aldo touched him up pretty well too. And is still going strong.

It just depends on the fighter and the shots they take. Anyone can get rocked at any time.

When I said "took years off each other's career", I meant their chins aren't the same. Same thing happened to Chuck after fighting Wanderlei. He wasn't the same after that and it showed in the Rashad fight, then in the Shogun fight, then in the Franklin fight.

All I want to see is jbj back in the octagon. Still the best fighter in the world imo, assuming he actually still cares about fighting. And if you guys haven't seen yet, search Israel adesanya. Fighter from NZ who's in glory atm. got a ton of talent. Reckon he has ufc potential?

When I said "took years off each other's career", I meant their chins aren't the same. Same thing happened to Chuck after fighting Wanderlei. He wasn't the same after that and it showed in the Rashad fight, then in the Shogun fight, then in the Franklin fight.

Chuck wasn't the same from page, he got dropped by Jardine in his next fight then he fought wand...in which he never dropped or seriously rocked, the "knockdown" in rd 2 was both his feet being parallel to each other

Last edited:
They have some real options at MW

They have Anderson, Vitor, Kennedy, Souza and Weidman. They can easily find the next contender out of those 5.. I wonder who they pair together

Does anyone even want to see anderson fight again? I finally saw his fight with diaz a couple of months ago and wish I never watched it.

Does anyone even want to see anderson fight again? I finally saw his fight with diaz a couple of months ago and wish I never watched it.
I said it even before the PED thing, both Nick and Anderson should just retire

It's just that after Souza, Kennedy and Weidman there's only Vitor.. add to that fact all them are old as dirt outside of Weidman

Just watched FS1's post fight show, Conor respects Frankie a ton. Said he has heart but that he can't take the power shots. Lots of conflicting reports with Conor's coach saying he will never fight at 145 again. Conor himself saying he will not vacate 145 and that its his division

I really hope they don't do a rematch with Luke and Weidman. Please no

jones is a beast and looking like the best mma fighter ever, beating him would raise anyone's stock. Look at how people viewed Gus after he gave him his toughest fight.
i can't imagine what Jones is going to look like now that he's doing nothing but focusing on training (apparently)

before, he was out partying and doing coke right before fights and still couldn't be touched in the octagon

Them F you kicks 
pimp.gif

Seriously though, Cowboy is beyond lucky that the judges gave him that decision win over Ben Henderson. He was maybe owed one from their first WEC matchup when Bendo go the split decision

Has anyone noticed that they put Duffy vs Poirier on Fight Pass for the Lawler/Condit card? 
roll.gif
mean.gif
 BASTARDS

Oh, did I mention Cowboy has a great life?

I said it even before the PED thing, both Nick and Anderson should just retire

It's just that after Souza, Kennedy and Weidman there's only Vitor.. add to that fact all them are old as dirt outside of Weidman

Just watched FS1's post fight show, Conor respects Frankie a ton. Said he has heart but that he can't take the power shots. Lots of conflicting reports with Conor's coach saying he will never fight at 145 again. Conor himself saying he will not vacate 145 and that its his division

I really hope they don't do a rematch with Luke and Weidman. Please no

Are u leaving out romero assuming he's getting the next shot?

Also let's see how this IV ban thing affects wright classes, ppl from ww might move up, Luke might even have to go up, he's huge.

Vitor/silva should get next at title imo. Weidman/romero next imo or let romero rematch Kennedy

Amd lmao at Frankie not being able to handle his shots. Not saying he's invincible but he took shots from guys that woulda kod almost everyone, including an up kick from hell. Plus if u look at his fights at fw he barely gets hit now....and how does connor expect to ko him off his back lol

Are u leaving out romero assuming he's getting the next shot?

Also let's see how this IV ban thing affects wright classes, ppl from ww might move up, Luke might even have to go up, he's huge.

Vitor/silva should get next at title imo. Weidman/romero next imo or let romero rematch Kennedy

Amd lmao at Frankie not being able to handle his shots. Not saying he's invincible but he took shots from guys that woulda kod almost everyone, including an up kick from hell. Plus if u look at his fights at fw he barely gets hit now....and how does connor expect to ko him off his back lol
Yeah Romero getting the next shot, at least that's what it would seem

Good point on the IV ban, I hope it actually changes a lot of things with all the classes

I feel like Dana could do Jacare/Weidman and Vitor/Silva and say whoever looks the best gets the next shot

Conor never expects anyone to be able to handle his shots 
laugh.gif

I cannot stop watching Aldo's corner's reaction in slow motion. At first it was funny but then I got legit sad for them and Aldo. Seeing Gus, DJ and JJ in the crowd getting hyped was also pretty cool to see

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom