The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

After watching that fox interview. Seems like Connor is getting flustered, he's gone from making analogies to references. Nate is just being Nate by giving quick replies no real meat to in his responses and Connor started to do the same. Guess he's realizing he can't get under his skin.

Yeah you could see it when he tried to take Nates approach.

And don't feel like going back to it but, does Connor not carry the belt with him anymore ? If so, lol

Does he bring his own personal belt or does the UFC provide him with one

That's a good question honestly. Don't they usually show him walking into the building without his belt when they do the faux paparazzi shots before the press con? Odds are Dana provides one.

Last edited:
chael walking around with a belt was so dumb and hilarious. It's like when in wrestling when there were 2 intercontinental champions and 2 belts.

It's going to be red panties night in the Lawler housebold next week :smokin

"I'm open to whatever he's considering doing," White said at MGM Grand. "If he wants to fight at 170 and he wants to fight Robbie Lawler, Conor is tough to deny these days."

Last edited:
It's going to be red panties night in the Lawler housebold next week
smokin.gif
Old news b

But, I really like how conor was talking about how he would not say one bad word about robbie lawler

That respect
pimp.gif

and probably fear 
laugh.gif

What are the odds he'd punch Lawler in the hand at a press conference in a weak attempt to get an advantage.

If there is no fine for that, UFC clearly protecting McGregor unlike so many before fined for much less.

The ironic thing about Nate going after Conor's training partners and Ido is that it actually makes it more impressive that Conor has accomplished what he has

Training with that bum *** dude who sucked in tuf and a movement coach got him millions and a ko of one of the best lighter fighters ever. Not bad. outside of Gunnar he really doesn't have a wealth of resources

Meanwhile Nate and his supposed excellent training partners have gotten him terrible pay and stuck in one of the worst cities in the country. Conor could have easily flipped that dig

Robbie is a quiet stone cold killer. One of those guys you just don't **** with.

I really don't see any way, shape, or form that Conor could beat Robbie, Rory, Wonderboy, Woodley, Condit, Hendricks, or Maia outside of a flash KO.

Stick to 145/155. 170 would be embarrassing.

For as much flack as Conor gets for his persona and talking smack

It's what seperates him from being broke like most UFC fighters

At the end of the day he's an entertainer

Last edited:
dana really is a bish boy. If he even considers giving the irish guy a shot at the ww belt then beasts like woodley and wonderboy better knock on his office door and have a word with him.

Robbie is a quiet stone cold killer. One of those guys you just don't **** with.

I really don't see any way, shape, or form that Conor could beat Robbie, Rory, Wonderboy, Woodley, Condit, Hendricks, or Maia outside of a flash KO.

Agreed with everything you said here.

It's not about what's fair anymore. It's a business, if you don't bring in $$$$$ you can keep walking. Sucks but that's the way it is

Real talk, this is why I think it'd be hilarious if Conor does fight for the WW belt. I would love to see Conor's reaction to just one punch from Robbie. That death blow would rattle his body and he'd be doing new moves Ido never eem thought was possible by a man.

Last edited:
For as much flack as Conor gets for his persona and talking smack

It's what seperates him from being broke like most UFC fighters

At the end of the day he's an entertainer

all UFC fighters are broke.

It reminds me of the 40k for a job you love or 100k at a job you hate.

40k = MMA fighters
100k = journeyman plumber.

When they show all the cars and suits that Connor is buying with his big paydays, they should show what Dana white is buying with his large cut. Dana white is the sleeziest guy in sports.

Got him up there with racists and murderers.
@http://[URL="http://www.gq.com/story/25-biggest-sleazebags-in-sports"]www.gq.com/story/25-biggest-sleazebags-in-sports[/URL]

dana white really is a **** boy... no ******* way should conor get a shot a 170

Yeah as disrespectful as this dude is being right now, you gotta recognize the hustle. He's getting paid more than probably any ufc fighter outside of maybe GSP or Brock and he's only like 7 fights deep right now, not to mention all his opponents are getting bread too. Meanwhile dudes like Rory getting knocked out in 5 round wars and getting paid 60k for it, some of these dudes are getting paid so little its embarrassing. So it's at least good to see dude is sticking Dana and Co for what he's worth.

But having said all that, Nate by sub would still make my weekend.

Back
Top Bottom