The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If Dana was serious about the sport and not the $$$ - This would of have never happened.

1st Dude let him keep the belt

2nd You let the dude commit to a 170lb fight

3rd Gave him Nate, a person known for taking punishment and continue to come forward

This was just a disaster 

Im glad that I wont be hearing Conor vs Lawler or any other stupid **** like this anymore ....

Best line from Nate .....

I would of have more KO's but this punchers become wrestlers once they taste the power ... LMAO

As soon as Conor saw his bombs weren't doing significant stunt damage and once he tasted Nate's (a bigger fighters power) dude was so discourage ....

This wasn't about being more efficient, but rather fighting a bigger opponent that can handle your power ....

Dude turned into a wrestler ... SMH ....

He didn't have to cry to see the tears on his face ..... 

Although I was happy, I'm really sad for Conor man - dude brought excitement into the sport ... plus I truly believe he is a good guy man. 

Welp - lets see who Dana can build up right now .....

I also want to see how Conor which is still a Champ rebound and is received when he goes back to his weight class.

Connor should've vacated the belt for moving up and losing.

Actually Connor should've vacated to save face. People would probably respect that.

Cause in his own words, "I don't give a **** about the belt"

Last edited:
Conor turned into a panic wrestler :rofl: what he says everyone does to him.

He didn't even follow his own.. Precision beats power and timing beats speed. He wanted to take Nate's head with every punch and it was Nate's precision and timing that did it

Lol at people thinking he could actually fight Robbie. Can't believe Dana actually considered that fight if Conor won last night.

Last edited:
Conor turned into a panic wrestler
roll.gif
what he says everyone does to him.

He didn't even follow his own.. Precision beats power and timing beats speed. He wanted to take Nate's head with every punch and it was Nate's precision and timing that did it
I think Conor did time Nate - but most of those power punches that would of have done damage at 155 didn't do much damage to Diaz .... 

To say those power punches weren't accurate or hard is insane ... again, it was the fact that Nate took them that made Conor start doing other **** ...

Again, defending Conor ....

Although Conor talks a lot of ****, the 1st press conference Conor started humbled and said that Nate was no ***** and is one of the few fighters he respected. It was Nate that started popping off at the mouth. Then it was a rap from there ..... 

I also didn't get why Nate said that rich dudes should leave fighting for those dudes that struggled. Don't understand that even if it was true - any insight? 

All the Stans with the "Connor went from 155 to 170"
I mean if you know anything about the fight game, moving up like that on short notice is a legit disadvantage. It's not really trolling when people say that.

Now McGregor knows though
laugh.gif

Lol at people thinking he could actually fight Robbie. Can't believe Dana actually considered that fight if Conor won tonight.
Dana is all about the $$$ ..

Not only is he ruining fighters - he is ruining the sport!!!

I saw the PFP rankings and RDA dropped like 3 spot without even fighting and the other fighters moved up without fighting .. **** is a joke!

Conor's ground game<<<

He was definitely doing damage to Nate though. Doesn't matter when you get mounted that easily by a bigger fighter

RDA would have actually ruined his life

Last edited:
I mean if you know anything about the fight game, moving up like that on short notice is a legit disadvantage. It's not really trolling when people say that.

Now McGregor knows though :lol:

It's a disadvantage when the other person is a legit heavier person. They're both natural light weights. Conor's held a 155 title before.

Unless Conor can develop a true ground game he's gonna have a lot of trouble with guys who can stand up and bang with him and go to the ground. Frankie is gonna give him fits at 145 and RDA will crush him as well.

Will be interesting to see how Frankie holds up against Conor's shots.

He's obviously taken some heavy punches but never been KOd. Or even subbed as a result of them.

If he can do what Nate did and take some damage while also taking the fight into later rounds, I think he could definitely give Conor a hard time.

So with that said, would not be surprised to see the Aldo fight happen first :lol:

I do think Frankie being a former LW champ makes it a marketable fight though, considering all the talk of Conor fighting for that belt.

They could put that back on track with a win over Edgar.

Last edited:
Conor was hesitant in the conference to say Edgar, lol. Dude knows he's in for a world of trouble with that ground game and wrestling. Gonna get choked out again if he can't KO Frankie

Now McGregor knows though
laugh.gif
get out of here with that

he wanted a 155 guy and he got a 155 guy

just because guys like benson, cowboy, and nate fight at 170 every now and then doesnt mean they're welterweights, we all know they're lightweights

get out of here with that

he wanted a 155 guy and he got a 155 guy

just because guys like benson, cowboy, and nate fight at 170 every now and then doesnt mean they're welterweights, we all know they're lightweights
meh.

nates welterweight size though

hence why so many ppl thought it might end like this here. dat reach and boxing is commenserate with welterweight not light

Dudes are really reaching with this weight ****.

They both fought at their natural weight. Is Nate taller? Sure. Does that matter? No. These things are determined by weight not height.

The guy tough 4 times at WW 5-6 years ago. Which is kind of what Conor was saying he was going to do.

Other than that he's a LW.

Conor been saying the cut to 145 is too tough. So he's probably a LW.

They're 2 LW's that didn't cut weight for the fight yesterday.

Do people think the fight would have been dramatically different if they fought at 155 the way they could have? Because that also means Nate would have had a full camp.

Last edited:
Dudes are really reaching with this weight ****.

They both fought at their natural weight. Is Nate taller? Sure. Does that matter? No. These things are determined by weight not height.

The guy tough 4 times at WW 5-6 years ago. Other than that he's a LW.

Conor been saying the cut to 145 is too tough. So he's probably a LW.

They're 2 LW's that didn't cut weight for the fight yesterday.

Do people think the fight would have been dramatically different if they fought at 155 the way they could have? Because that also means Nate would have had a full camp.
no ones saying that hahah

people are jus saying if Nates a LW hes the biggest one in the sport. thats all

no, hes not a welterweight, just like ferguson isnt a welterweight

they're lightweights
I remember watching Nate whoop on Marcus Davis here in Boston six years ago at welter. Pretty sure he walks around at 185-190.

Moving up in weight quickly is the issue here.

Last edited:
a lot of these light weight dudes walk around in the 170 - 180 range

RDA probably would have showed up weighing more than nate

moving up in weight "that quick" is not the issue, they both fought naturally

nate may have had to cut a few but we all know its on 11 days notice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom