The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-0 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Knicks and Mavs never had any “championship or bust” talk so they off the No Excuses list.

Celtics, Sixers, Bucks, Nuggz, Wolves, OKC, Clips and Suns are #NoExcuses for sure. . Add Lakers too since so many folks had them Top 3 before the season.

Don’t see this list changing.
top 3 of what ?

Yeah add the Dubs to the #NoExcuses. There was a lot of delusional slurping before the season.

A lot of them went AWOL too :smh: 🧐
Yea Steph was the MVP and #5 was definitely on the way according to many in October :lol:

99994386-ab8a-417f-972e-d955250b0a14_text.gif

Wolves are NOT on the no excuses list. No one has these expectations for them to win the chip.

No excuses list are the Bucks, Celtics, Clippers and Suns. Thats it. They MADE their teams to go all in and win this season. Nuggets aint on the no excuses list, if they lose this year and add another superstar next year then yeah, add them.

Yea Steph was the MVP and #5 was definitely on the way according to many in October

The Pistons looked decent in October and have won exactly two (TWO!) games since October ended.

The point is that the regular season isn't decided in October.

Raps could have had a bench of Phil Jackson with Popovich & Pat Riley as assistants and the Raps would’ve still gone down. Talent gap was too wide.

Irrespective of the talent gap, I think you can still make the argument Doc got the better of him.

If memory serves Doc made the adjustment to be much more aggressive in transition and on the offensive glass,
which is not typical of Doc teams.

The raptors were pretty chaotic, and played pretty dumb and were not disciplined at all in their defensive assignments. over helping, helping off the wrong people. pressing up on James Harden giving him easy driving opportunities.

personally I think it more to do with low IQ personnel than Nick Nurse, but I totally think you can make the argument Doc got him. talent gap aside.

Felt like he spent too much of his time on defense, which led to that comically aggressive scheme he was running to try to force turnovers so his team didn’t have to play in the halfcourt.

Embiid has turned himself into a machine and will be drawing two guys, Maxey is a burgeoning 3-level scorer, I think he’ll have an easier time in Philly.

I think he's been totally vindicated by the post Nurse raptors. He's showing in Philly he's totally capable of devising good offensive system.

He clearly made the choice that the best way for that raptor team to max out their talent
was to win the possession game, which meant low pass therefore low turnover iso basketball. aggressive defense and offensive rebounding.

Darko has them passing more, and it's still a massive struggle, and we no longer have a low turnover rate and the aggressive defense.

People have been calling nurse out for the years after kawhi left

Was funny seeing the inadvertent nurse love after griffin got fired

IMO he's been totally vindicated, Nick Nurse maxed out a poorly constructed rostrer.

He's prob not the best coach for a rebuilding team with young players

He's a war time consigliere
You don't want Nick Nurse when it's peace time, but if you got a roster that's ready to win.

Not many coaches Id rather have.

Right now, at this moment, how/why are people picking the Heat to make the Finals?

Spoelstra? 34.5 year old Jimmy Butler?

I think it's just a benefit of the doubt thing/not writing them off too early because of what happened last year. They were mediocre throughout the regular season, lost the first play in game at home to the Hawks, then in the second play in game were trailing the Bulls with 2.5 minutes left. So they looked completely dead in the water through 83+ games and were 2.5 minutes away from missing the playoffs altogether and then ended up in the Finals. :lol:

Obviously not the most ideal or easily repeatable path though to say the least. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom