The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

426016352_773289064833489_5017923646718711205_n.jpg

Klay looking like he barely knows how to dribble a basketball on the break

It's weird because Clay always seemed like he was a smart, self-reflective type of guy so it's odd to me that he's struggling to understand that he is not the player he once was. He needs to adapt his playing style or simply take fewer shots.

So he did a meniscus removal?
Was the only option to get back before the playoffs. Repairs take anywhere from 3-6 months.

I get it, I just hope his 30s are kinder to him than they were to Wade.

Jimmy Butler’s knee hasn’t stopped him from doing what he needed to do in the playoffs, so Jo probably won’t exceed 60-65 regular season games going forward. Very rarely playing back to backs.

Was the only option to get back before the playoffs. Repairs take anywhere from 3-6 months.

Jimmy Butler’s knee hasn’t stopped him from doing what he needed to do in the playoffs, so Jo probably won’t exceed 60-65 regular season games going forward. Very rarely playing back to backs.

He should've sat the rest of this season and let it heal. He's cooked, I'll give him another 2 elite years tops.

He should've sat the rest of this season and let it heal.

Agree with this. I wouldn't want to take the chance of rushing him back for the sake of a playoff run. Robert Williams had the same procedure, but he was younger and still looked like a shell of himself when he came back.

Doesn't help that Joel is a legit big guy. All that weight on that injured knee ain't good going forward. History has not been kind to centers and injuries.

Agree with this. I wouldn't want to take the chance of rushing him back for the sake of a playoff run. Robert Williams had the same procedure, but he was younger and still looked like a shell of himself when he came back.

I hope I'm wrong but the last thing a player of his size needs to be doing is removing cartilage from his knee. He's almost 300 lbs, about to be 30.

The writing is on the wall.

Like I said, Klay should’ve studied late stage Ray Allen. Klay could EASILY extend his career if simply modeled the current version of himself after Ray Allen

I know Ray never suffered the major injuries that Klay dealt with, but they’re as close as it gets. Of course Ray was a better athlete than Klay in their primes but Ray was willing to sacrifice and change his game as he aged

Last edited:
Like I said, Klay should’ve studied late stage Ray Allen. Klay could EASILY extend his career if simply modeled the current version of himself after Ray Allen

So go be a spot up shooter for Lebron?

I agree.

But 37% from 3 isn't going to get it done, he needs to cut down on his volume of shots.

He should've sat the rest of this season and let it heal. He's cooked, I'll give him another 2 elite years tops.

Doesn't help that Joel is a legit big guy. All that weight on that injured knee ain't good going forward. History has not been kind to centers and injuries.
Yea 280+ pounds of force on that knee.

Nightmare scenario is he’s a shell of himself, can’t workout this summer, and is out of shape to start next year.

But if you tell any player they have a 1 month re-evaluation timetable vs. 3 months at the earliest, they’re taking the month.

Back
Top Bottom