The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

The DBook1 is actually a concept that Converse tried to get off the ground a couple times (and did in 2019). I always thought it was an interesting idea.

Take an old silhouette and add the most modern technology.

Its not something new, but in a previous role I worked closely with Converse Canada and at the time, Dwayne Wade was being convinced to be the face of the new Converse Chuck performance shoe, The All-Star Revolution:

1707248433730.png

Well, he jumped over to the Jordan side and I think the entire marketing push was just lackluster.

Then in 2019, Converse kind of revisited this with more Nike tech:

1707248524210.png

I always thought if they could make it happen, that Devin Booker would have been perfect for this shoe, especially the All-Star Rev. But alas, they re-did the concept with the Air Force in the Book1's.

Looking back, Nike appears to have fine-tuned this approach with the Pro-tro line-ups.

Sixers operating as Buyers - Woj

i really got no clue on which direction this team goes

Embiid was the true MVP - Team is *** cheeks without him

Pretty lukewarm on Scottie getting the all-star nod. Especially after the OKC game.

Speaking of All the Smoke, I know they used to be on Showtime Sports and have of course moved on since Showtime moved away from sports last year. Is there now a go to platform for basketball documentaries? Just curious if one platform will start producing many of them or will they just continue getting produced all over the place now.

The DBook1 is actually a concept that Converse tried to get off the ground a couple times (and did in 2019). I always thought it was an interesting idea.

Take an old silhouette and add the most modern technology.

Its not something new, but in a previous role I worked closely with Converse Canada and at the time, Dwayne Wade was being convinced to be the face of the new Converse Chuck performance shoe, The All-Star Revolution:

1707248433730.png

Well, he jumped over to the Jordan side and I think the entire marketing push was just lackluster.

Then in 2019, Converse kind of revisited this with more Nike tech:

1707248524210.png

I always thought if they could make it happen, that Devin Booker would have been perfect for this shoe, especially the All-Star Rev. But alas, they re-did the concept with the Air Force in the Book1's.

Looking back, Nike appears to have fine-tuned this approach with the Pro-tro line-ups.
Man i dont even like those Converse but I got some boots on right now based off of
edit: I forgot they be firing people and revoking clearances for taking pics/videos in the building.

Last edited:
Speaking of All the Smoke, I know they used to be on Showtime Sports and have of course moved on since Showtime moved away from sports last year. Is there now a go to platform for basketball documentaries? Just curious if one platform will start producing many of them or will they just continue getting produced all over the place now.
They moved to Meadowlark Media where Rachel Nichols, Dan Le Batard are.

They moved to Meadowlark Media where Rachel Nichols, Dan Le Batard are.
I faintly remember that announcement. Was moreso wondering where bulk of basketball docs would be going moving forward. Or if it'll just go to the highest bidder whether it be an ESPN 30 for 30/+ special, Netflix, Prime, Paramount+, etc.

Sixers operating as Buyers - Woj

i really got no clue on which direction this team goes

Embiid was the true MVP - Team is *** cheeks without him
We either keep Tobi and make moves around the margins

Or trade Tobi for a legitimate upgrade (Hawks package)

i think the pod only got
He did that ish to me one time, way back when he was a Laker. I was a Blue Alliance Captain for the Thunder, which is lowkey like volunteer social media/street team, and I had a Kodak Zi8 camera if that tells you how long ago it was, would get pictures and clips from the games and post it on our page and all that, anyways Barnes had been out but he was ramping up to come back and before everyone else came out he was working out with the trainers doing some band stuff and I was just filming, moreso the court and everything than him, but dude made eye contact with me and stopped what he was doing and just menacingly mean mugged me for several minutes straight before the coaches made him continue his workout. I thought he was gonna run up in the stands on me
:lol:

damn u soft, u shuda recorded him harder

Back
Top Bottom