The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

maybe i'm being myopic but what the hell is washington doing?

how tf do you give up your two biggest trade pieces, beal being one of the biggest names in the market and in your franchise's history, and not get anything near a top 10 pick in a future draft?

Smart …playmaking by Marcus

Iono about that
Tyus was the better fit for the Grizz
Smart has way more positional flexibility then Tyus Jones.

Tyus also wanted a chance to go somewhere and start. They were already working on trading him. His contract is also up at the end of next year and he would have just left since he wants to start.

how tf do you give up your two biggest trade pieces, beal being one of the biggest names in the market and in your franchise's history, and not get anything near a top 10 pick in a future draft?
Well they were about 5 minutes away from Porzingis just opting out and getting absolutely nothing.

Tyus Jones and pick 35 sound pretty good to me.

No trade clause

You think Cuban is gonna write an angry letter saying Boston made a super lopsided trade.

Grizzlies and Washington GMs anre idiots

Maybe the Wiz could have got a better return but they essentially achieved their two goals.

Hoping Johnny Davis gets it going next year
9zy7x0_th (2).png

Every contender knows they gotta have a multitude of impact bigs to compete for a chip in the modern nba.

BOS now with KP, Horford, and Timelord to throw at Jokic, AG, and MPJ.

Now that KP off the market, we already know the Lakers going to make a Big move.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-22-2023_12-09-44AM.png

Today AD finally slides back to the 4.

Last edited:
Marcus Smart for two firsts & KP :lol: Incredible stuff from Stevens.

Smart is as tough as they come but ideally you would’ve used that ammo for a wing if you’re Memphis. But again, Smart is as gritty as they come.

Tatum/Brown usually handled the big forward assignments with Smart switching on as necessary, versus him being the primary now.

Different role, will be interesting to watch it unfold in May.

Initial thought is Tyus + 2 firsts is an overpay here.

Offensively Smart’s 3 ball is pedestrian and defensively you’re asking to check much bigger guys for the majority of his minutes vs. occasionally switching onto them.

If you don't win this season, can you roll out Tatum, Brown & Prozingis the following year with max contracts?

This looks like a 1 year thing, barring Finals appearance IMO

Guess boston is taking a gamble. Will be hard to fill smarts shoes but i guess this all depends on whether kristaps can stay healthy down the stretch

Boston got better. Smart easily should’ve been averaging 7/8 assist per, but was only at 4 or 5 per game.

Dude always was hyped up

Washington Wizards lineup can’t even compete with a bottom G-League team. Tickets better be $35 and come with a free jersey. I can’t imagine anyone watching the Wizards this season, let alone actually going to game.
They tried to get me to buy season tickets months ago. Like most people in the DC area, I’m not a Wizards fan. Just a basketball fan. Considered it for a minute but so glad I didn’t pull the trigger.
I’ll just be buying cheap tickets when the Heat are in town per usual.

Back
Top Bottom