The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavericks and Celtics-Pacers / Happy Bday broncos19dm, Wavy, B Sox

This is a lie. I actually said the opposite

From January....
Feels like that circular argument we’ve had with the Clippers and Celtics for years now.

If you’ve committed half a billion dollars to two perimeter players, any point guard you bring in is going to be watching those 2 go to work on the ball.

An example of this is Chris Paul after KD arrived.

So the onus is on the stars to learn how to utilize their teammates. If they can’t do that, then you’re cooked unless you trade for a superstar point.

Philly needs to think of something quick because this could’ve been the year they made it to their first conference final since 2001

Collins got traded for Rudy Gay and a second.

So the Suns probably just needed contract filler, or at most another 2nd.

This is true in nearly all realms of society. And it is so stupid

Billionaires think they are the smartest people in the room and it translates to whatever field they go into.

And people keep ****ing believing them

Like this is why we are about to get Trump again because people don't understand inflation and macroeconomics.

This is the absolute truth. To make matters worse Ishbia is listening to a guy who has little to no success in the front office, Isiah Thomas :smh:

playoff on/off since 2017-18 (Embiid's first playoff season)

Embiid:

1952 minutes on: +7.71 net 1135 minutes off: -8.37 net

Nikola Jokic:

2717 minutes on: +1.17 net 779 minutes off: -0.90 net

Giannis Antetokounmpo:

2410 minutes on: +6.15 1230 minutes off: -2.41

Jayson Tatum:

3756 minutes on: +3.52 930 minutes off: -2.65

no other star has numbers close to embiid in the +/-

Until Embiid addresses his STAMINA issue, you will see more of the same.

I think it may be too late for him now, for that. He is who he is. Still think he could break through with the right window and have a deeper/signature run in the East. But that’s all depended on health, because they would need a 1-2 seed to do so. Where the first two rounds feel easy.

Doable in the East. Trickin off that Hawks series was crazy

It seems that he has improved on his stamina from his earlier years. Not sure what else he can do as it's definitely a weakness. The only way for management to address it is to put on a team that doesn't completely sink when he's out.

Harden did a decent job last year in the non-Embiid minutes.

Joel has earned my respect this post-season but I had no idea how bad he is at rebounding or is this due to his knee?

Regardless, I blame the GM for not having another big that can rebound, Harris does well for his size but can't guard the 4-5 spot very well

Embiid:

Nikola Jokic:

Giannis Antetokounmpo:

Jayson Tatum:

No other star has this type of single round highlight film, either.

Joel has earned my respect this post-season but I had no idea how bad he is at rebounding or is this due to his knee?

Regardless, I blame the GM for not having another big that can rebound, Harris does well for his size but can't guard the 4-5 spot very well
he always avg around 11

he normally is much more aggressive on boards and guarding the rim

his knee is limiting him but no excuses

Embiid:

Nikola Jokic:

Giannis Antetokounmpo:

Jayson Tatum:

2 of them dudes got a chip, 1 went to the Finals. Embiid never got out the 2nd round.

Relying on someone who just came back from injury is wild.

They should have someone else who can grab the boards. And what's the team +/- when he's not on the floor?

It seems like Harris hasn't been a great third option.

2 of them dudes got a chip, 1 went to the Finals. Embiid never got out the 2nd round.
Fair counter. The process has been a bumpy one.

look whose back from the ban and has no idea what hes talking about

this has nothing to do with rings

its the teams built around the superstars that help unlike with the sixers

every star in that post has had MASSIVE HELP

Eh, before this playoffs Joel was a lesser version of himself in the playoffs than the regular season and he's always hurt those are just facts.

Sixers better back up the brinks truck for PG.

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers Both teams got their guy. And it isn’t like Charlotte even had a chance to get Ant and chose LaMelo over him. :lol: With their pick Charlotte made the right choice. Same for Minny. GS is who ****ed up lol.

The Ant/Melo comparisons are just odd to me. They’re completely different players, with completely different roles on their respective squads. Ant is a generational player. Melo is not, nor did anyone who is sane ever think he had the potential to be one. There's a reason AE went #1.

While Melo certainly has his shortcomings and criticisms of his game are valid, he's a victim of unrealistic expectations based on draft position and the insane fame he had outside of hoops. And Hornets' fans are the main culprit. He’s not the generational talent that Ant is. What he is is a PG with way above average court vision, game feel and the talent to put up 25+ a game while still being a high level facilitator. He lacks on the defensive side of the ball, although I think he has the skillset to be much better (and he was this year when he wasn't injured). He's someone you keep around longterm (provided he can stay healthy), but he isn't the guy you build around like Ant. But then again, how many lottery picks are that??

Ant Man is special. Who wouldn't love to have him on their squad? But given the circumstances, Charlotte could've done way worse. So it is what it is. We ball. Just hope Melo can stay healthy moving forward. Because if his stretch of games prior to going down this year are any indication, he's def getting closer to his potential.

i mean the numbers are clear as day in the post yet dudes wanna bring up something irrelevant to the post

typical NT LOL

Bout to log off for a while. Got work to do

Y'all mother****ers put me through it this morning. Walking into this conference room like...

broner2.gif

look whose back from the ban and has no idea what hes talking about

this has nothing to do with rings

its the teams built around the superstars that help unlike with the sixers

every star in that post has had MASSIVE HELP

You talking bout plus minus though which is an individual thing. Embiid before this season has had worse playoffs than regular season, always hurt etc. He aint gonna sniff the ECF for a minute.

Embiid won’t get his stamina right if he keeps getting hurt.

You can’t get in to playoff conditioning while being out

It all boils down to Embiid with his health and ability to play at his regular season level on the big stage.
This is playing out with New Orleans :smh: Hopefully we’re not 10 years in with Zion talking about health
addict4sneakers addict4sneakers Both teams got their guy. And it isn’t like Charlotte even had a chance to get Ant and chose LaMelo over him. :lol: With their pick Charlotte made the right choice. Same for Minny. GS is who ****ed up lol.
Meyers whiffed the pick then bid farewell :rofl:

You also have to consider their situations.

Surround Lamelo with this Wolves roster they probably win the same amount of regular season games.

Ant is better, but I don’t think he’s good enough to get this Hornets team into the playoffs.
They won 43 games with LaMelo and the East is weak on the back end. Not hard to imagine

Back
Top Bottom