Unexpected Players to have huge World Cups.

Originally Posted by wayne looney

Serbia: Zigic, Stankovic, Ivanovic, Vidic (it's gonna be hard scoring on
this Serbia team)
dont forget Milos Krasic, dude is a straight savage of a winger

Ki-Sung Yong & Lee-Chung Yong for South Korea

I hope that Serbia do well, but the rep of their defense doesn't mean that they will automatically do well in the World Cup. Remember in the 2006 World Cup, their defense was supposedly the best in the world. In the qualifications for that WC, their team allowed just one single goal or something, an insane stat. But then they got trashed 5-1 by Argentina in the World Cup itself.

Denmark: Bendtner, Tomasson, J. Poulsen, C. Poulsen, Agger (likely wont concede many goals)

Don't forget 21-year old Simon Kjaer from Palermo, who is better than half of the players on this list and is regarded as probably the best young defensive player in the world.

You're giving Serbia too much credit, it was 6-0.

My 2 cents:

-Suarez: not really sure how much you can take from someone dominating the Dutch league in 2010. Not saying he's not talented, but not sure if he's the star everyone expects.
-Alexis Sanchez: might be a huge part of the Chilean attack, and is a pretty talented guy.
-Marik Hamsik: quite the talent.
-Asamaoh Gyan: he's a legit player, no one should be surprised if he shines.
-Altidore: his English experience will help him, even if it didn't go that well. Wouldn't be surprised if he score 3 or 4 goals.
-Bendtner: someone has to score against Cameroon and Japan.

Dont under-estimate Chile. Many of the players on the team are the same players that made the semis of the 2007 U20 WC. They barely lost to an Argentine squad led by Aguero and Di Maria in the semis.

It'll be between Chile and Denmark for 2nd in that group but I think Denmark's defence will give them the edge.

As for Serbia...what happened in 2006 is irrelevant in 2010. They barely lost to Holland in the 1st match, got destroyed against Argentina and then lost a meaningless match against the Ivory Coast.

They had a solid qualifying campaign and are a different team compared to 2006. They are in an 'easier' group this time around too. Besides the Germany match, the Serbs will be the favorites going up against their other 2 opponents. I fully expect them to atone for their poor 2006 showing.

México: Efrain Juarez, if Aguirre puts him in the right side and not next to Torrado...
Guardado, he just gained that little thing he needed in Deportivo... stright beast...
Torres Nilo, excellent defense but he is starting to get that exquisite offensive style

Spain: Pedro
Llorente, he might be a suplent but he gets the job done
Mata
Silva

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

You're giving Serbia too much credit, it was 6-0.

My 2 cents:

-Suarez: not really sure how much you can take from someone dominating the Dutch league in 2010. Not saying he's not talented, but not sure if he's the star everyone expects.
-Alexis Sanchez: might be a huge part of the Chilean attack, and is a pretty talented guy.
-Marik Hamsik: quite the talent.
-Asamaoh Gyan: he's a legit player, no one should be surprised if he shines.
-Altidore: his English experience will help him, even if it didn't go that well. Wouldn't be surprised if he score 3 or 4 goals.
-Bendtner: someone has to score against Chile and Honduras.

I agree with you somewhat with Altidore, I think he will have a great tournament unless someone picks on his immaturity. Altidore is beast but he still need to keep his cool. I bet England took a note on Altidore's last game in Hull's jersey when he head-butted the dude. Yes, the dude deserved it but it exposed Altidore at the same time, IMO. 

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

Originally Posted by Hugo

david suazo
Palacios

lol no mames
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Ya na la chinges guey

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by wayne looney

Serbia: Zigic, Stankovic, Ivanovic, Vidic (it's gonna be hard scoring on
this Serbia team)
dont forget Milos Krasic, dude is a straight savage of a winger

Ki-Sung Yong & Lee-Chung Yong for South Korea

I hope that Serbia do well, but the rep of their defense doesn't mean that they will automatically do well in the World Cup. Remember in the 2006 World Cup, their defense was supposedly the best in the world. In the qualifications for that WC, their team allowed just one single goal or something, an insane stat. But then they got trashed 5-1 by Argentina in the World Cup itself.

Denmark: Bendtner, Tomasson, J. Poulsen, C. Poulsen, Agger (likely wont concede many goals)

Don't forget 21-year old Simon Kjaer from Palermo, who is better than half of the players on this list and is regarded as probably the best young defensive player in the world.
Kjaer may be out of the WC due to a suspected ligament damage injury...
http://soccernet.espn.go....e/uk/?cc=5901&ver=us

This thread would very well end up being NT's soccer version of the Madden curse
ohwell.gif

I was wrong about Cisse. But you can't blame him when you're playing on the french side. It looks like Cisse stayed out of trouble.

Suarez and Dos Santos are having good cups.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

My dude Bradley Jr.
pimp.gif
I give props to Bradley.  For the most part he played well the entire tournament.

Believe it or not, and minus his finishing, Dempsey showed that he's a 2nd tier world class threat offensively.  He put himself in great scoring position all tournament and was dangerous with the ball at his feet, creating plenty of fouls which lead to free kicks.  And though his finishing was atrocious and unlucky, we know he can put the ball in the back of the net from his time at Fulham.

Back
Top Bottom