Video of the fake Apple Store, and customers' fight for a refund -lol-

We tip our hat to the intrepid American blogger who broke the story this week about an Apple store in Kunming, China, that turned out to be a fake. She has caused a media firestorm and has created a story that continues to spawn new angles. Also, she's gutsy. She went back to the store and took the above video Friday evening.

Earlier today we reported on a Taiwanese computer reenactment of the fake Apple Store news story, but the latest development comes to us from Reuters, which we applaud for having done some firsthand reporting.

Because of all the attention the store has garnered thanks to the American blogger's original story(which has been re-reported by a multitude of news organizations), customers of the fake Apple Store are demanding their money back.

Here are some choice quotes from the Reuters piece:

"When I heard the news I rushed here immediately to get the receipt, I am so upset," a customer surnamed Wang told Reuters, near tears. "With a store this big, it looks so believable who would have thought it was fake?"

And:

"The media is painting us to be a fake store but we don't sell fakes, all our products are real, you can check it yourself," said one employee, who didn't want to give his name.

"There is no Chinese law that says I can't decorate my shop the way I want to decorate it."

Despite all the media attention, Apple has still made no comment about these stores.

In the meantime, the original whistle blower has logged close to 1 million views on her website since posting her story Wednesday. She says the store is still open and is operating as usual. For more of her thoughtful update on this developing story, check out her recent blog post.

Man if I owned one of these fake Apple stores I would def have this birdabroad blogger dealt with. This person def blew up the spot for these fake Apple stores this week, I'm surprised they came back to take vids lol

"Real" fake merchandise.
laugh.gif

I can't believe the employees really think they work for Apple.
laugh.gif

Work badges don't even have their names on them.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jerry6d

Thought of this for some reason.....

fictional_restaurants_7.jpg

laugh.gif
With all debt deficit and ceiling crisis, unemployment, terrorism in Norway, heatwave... this post made my day.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Real apple products though, why they want they're money back?
They probably think the products are high quality fakes. I guess it would be like buying real nikes from a fake footlocker, wouldnt you think your kicks werent real

the apple logo on the blue employee t-shirts are huge. LOL!

where's homeboy at?!

fake-apple-store-china-1.jpg

Originally Posted by wcghost

the apple logo on the blue employee t-shirts are huge. LOL!

where's homeboy at?!

fake-apple-store-china-1.jpg
My son swagging because he made a sale.

I doubt those are authentic products though. Just like the overseas selllers on eBay, I'm sure that's just semantics at play. They'll sell you some variants then say they are "real," because they ARE, like they aren't cgi or a figment of your imagination. Are they authentic Nike though? Nah, real replica. Authentic variant, or some trickeration of words is what they'll usually say. Plus why would you make a fake store and sell real products? There would be no profit margin in that because you'd have to go to the real Apple store to get things to sell then come back and sell them at msrp + a markup to make profit + account for your overhead, and generally people aren't going to want to pay a premium over MSRP if they don't have to

I can assure you those products are real. Its hard to fake a ipone or ipad tgo the point that you dont know what your buying. I deal with alot of replicas and there is no 1 on 1 iphone or ipad right now...

Now the accessories is probably fake

Back
Top Bottom