WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Hela is basically goddess of the dead realm (whatever its called), opposite of valhalla (aka heaven). If she touches you, you're cooked. She also wants Thor to join her there. On top of that, her face/body is a mirage, she really has a deteriorated body when she takes her costume off.

Valkyrie is leader of the Valkyries (a bunch of female Thor-like heroes).
got it. Good looks fam

Or he could just show up as a gladiator. Help Thor, prove his worth and get a hammer at the end.

Well they pulled off multiple heroes with the Cap movies, but then again the Thor movies haven't been anywhere near as Caps

Bill is an unknown to causal audiences. The Show not Tell approach should be used for him. Just having him appear out of nowhere with a hammer would be lazy when they could have him do cool and interesting things in this movie and have Odin reward him at the end for his Valor.

So, my idea of him being a gladiator and becoming Thor's partner can still happen. 
laugh.gif

Few More Ragnarok Details. Spoilery.

When we last saw Thor, he was flying off to figure out who was manipulating the Avengers at the end of Age Of Ultron. Eventually, he hears rumblings of trouble in Asgard: His evil brother, Loki (Tom Hiddleston), has been impersonating their missing father, Odin (Anthony Hopkins). Loki’s rather lax governing leads to the reemergence of an imprisoned Hela (Cate Blanchett). Thor’s initial encounter with Hela gets him blasted to Sakaar, a barbaric planet ruled by the charming but nefarious Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum). Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), a tough, hard-drinking warrior hiding out on Sakaar brings the god to the Grandmaster. “Thor is a bit of a fanboy for the Valkyrie, the elite women warriors,” Hemsworth says. Thor is then forced into becoming a gladiator, which leads to his haircut and the loss of his trusty hammer. (His replacement weapons include a pair of swords seen on EW’s cover.)

Sakaar’s most popular and successful gladiator? Bruce Banner, a.k.a. the Hulk. Comics fans will recognize this plotline as part of the popular Planet Hulk series. “He’s much more of a character than the green rage machine you’ve seen in the Avengers movies,” Ruffalo says of this new Hulk. “He’s got a swagger. He’s like a god.”

Once Thor and Hulk unite, Ragnarok becomes a sort of road-trip film, with director Taika Waititi drawing inspiration from movies like 48 HRS.Withnail and I, and even Planes, Trains and Automobiles. The director particularly wanted to show off Hemsworth’s comedic abilities, only recently exploited in films like Vacation and Ghostbusters. “He’s so good and underutilized in that department,” Waititi says. “He’s legitimately one of the funniest things in this film.”

Fans will also see some familiar faces, like Benedict Cumberbatch’s Stephen Strange. The New York-based sorcerer met with Thor in the post-credits epilogue of Doctor Strange, and he will help the Asgardian locate Odin. Teases Feige, “There’s not a whole lot that takes place on Earth in this film, and that’s one of the things that does.”

The events of Ragnarok  will also help set up Marvel’s biggest Phase 3 installment, Avengers Infinity War, the first half of which is due in May 2018. But Waititi is adamant that his film will not only stand on its own, it will reinvent the franchise. “A lot of what we’re doing with the film is, in a way, kind of dismantling and destroying the old idea and rebuilding it in a new way that’s fresh,” he says. “Everyone’s got a slightly new take on their characters, so in that way, it feels like [this is] the first Thor.” Just with a little less hair.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/09/tho.../?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Amen. Chris Hemsworth's comedic delivery might be second only to RDJ's. Glad to hear that they're finally going to let his comedic chops run wild.

They've been doing a good job of toning down the humor, with the exception of GoG, which worked well there. The humor (aka Kat Dennings) ruined Thor: TDW

They've been doing a good job of toning down the humor, with the exception of GoG, which worked well there. The humor (aka Kat Dennings) ruined Thor: TDW

Lol huh?

The Dark World wasn't really a funny movie outside of a few jokes.

The first Thor movie was more of a humorous film.

Last edited:
The humor in Dark World almost entirely stems from Kat Dennings and she was ghost for the majority of the film. Let's not act as if there aren't other problems, such as a trash villain.

Cate Blanchett Confirms Helas Costume Piece

"Yeah. She’s able to manifest weapons. Her headdress can be weapons. She can manifest weapons out of different parts of her body. I won’t tell you which — I’ll leave that hanging."

I guess we'll see this based on the concept they released before.
View media item 2362171

They say they're reinventing the Thor film franchise :x

*incoming rant*

Fuuuuuuu!!! the Thor movie franchise man. WASTED!!

How are you "reinventing" the franchise when it's been trash for a decade and there are no planned future installments?!?!? That's like FOX claiming they "reinvented" Wolverine with Logan....

FOX gets a pass for Logan because we all know the quality is wildly inconsistent, but got damn Marvel pumps out a classic every year and then drops a Thor...:smh:

Damn it, Marvel acting like they ain't done with Thor movies and they ain't got a full slate of releases for the next couple of years... :smh:

I pray to Odin that Ragnarok is the fantastical, colorful, comic-booky sci-fi DBZ with swords thunder god movie we all deserve!

Last edited:
They say they're reinventing the Thor film franchise :x

*incoming rant*

Fuuuuuuu!!! the Thor movie franchise man. WASTED!!

How are you "reinventing" the franchise when it's been trash for a decade and there are no planned future installments?!?!? That's like FOX claiming they "reinvented" Wolverine with Logan....

FOX gets a pass for Logan because we all know the quality is wildly inconsistent, but got damn Marvel pumps out a classic every year and then drops a Thor...:smh:

Damn it, Marvel acting like they ain't done with Thor movies and they ain't got a full slate of releases for the next couple of years... :smh:

I pray to Odin that Ragnarok is the fantastical, colorful, comic-booky sci-fi DBZ with swords thunder god movie we all deserve!

Ragnarok is going to be for Thor what Winter Soldier was for Cap.

Might be the best marvel movie of 2017.

I wonder how much of Hulk's side will be shown like how he got to that planet. I get the feeling that Thor is going to just go out into the arena for his first fight and it's revealed it's Hulk with no explanation.

Back
Top Bottom