WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I thought the Gwen Children storyline brought a whole new depth to the character. JMS though was a beast though and created more depth and characters for Spidey.

A solid candidate for the worst Spider-Man story of all time, if not the worst Marvel Comics storyline of all time :smh:

Lol it's been a minute since I've seen any of the early x movies but I think we've had the Wolverine cutting down men in the forest before.

He did it in The Last Stand. If you're comparing that to what we got in Logan though you're out of your mind.

Last edited:
X3, I think (for the other forest scene)

I made this point somewhere, so I would have to throw it out here too.. in my opinion the highest high the fox movies have gotten, is magneto's origins in first class

- if fassbender is bond, we know what to expect from when dude is hunting down Shaw as an adult until the sub scene

Last edited:
Can't remember if anything went down in the forest in wolverine origins.. but this was x3

Lol Wolverine and forests

But I also really liked Stryker's assault on the school in X2. If there was blood, it would have been perfect.

Oh and how could I forget the opening of X2 with Nightcrawler infiltrating the White House. That's Top 10 easily.

Sins Past slander will not be tolerated. Made Spider-mans history with Gwen that much darker and isn't as :rolleyes as the stories we got and are still getting from Bendis' wack ***.

If we're talking top 5 comic book movie scenes, how is the airport scene from civil war not #1 let alone in someone's top 5?? I mean Giant man? On screen? Are you serious?

Last edited:
I gotta include Cap 2 from where WS pulls Sitwell out of the car on the highway to when WS is revealed as Buck and Cap, BW, and Falcon are arrested. That's some really good action for those 10 to 15 minutes.

I gotta include Cap 2 from where WS pulls Sitwell out of the car on the highway to when WS is revealed as Buck and Cap, BW, and Falcon are arrested. That's some really good action for those 10 to 15 minutes.

Captain America vs Winter Soldier during that period of time is easily some of the best action in the MCU.

You guys mentioned some great scenes from WS already so I'll throw in the elevator scene with not-yet-Crossbones. Thought that was a solid little action scene.

One moment I liked in Civil War was when Tony has a little scuffle with Bucky and stops the bullet with his Iron Man glove.

The bridge scene in Winter Soldier is one of my favorites. As soon as the guy gets yanked out the SUV. He was so cold. Says some Russian s*** and leaps over letting off the grenade launcher. Punches Cap's shield like, "get that weak s*** out of here".

Airport scene is easily top off the top of my head. Probably my favorite.

Also the scene where they're tryna murk Fury up until we first see WS is a great one.

Logan forest scene

AOU Hulkbuster

BVS Batman warehouse scene

Last edited:
Sins Past slander will not be tolerated. Made Spider-mans history with Gwen that much darker and isn't as :rolleyes as the stories we got and are still getting from Bendis' wack ***.
It's not slander. Its a **** story.

You liking it makes more sense about your dubious taste. Look at the comment, it made Peter's history with Gwen darker. How is that a good thing? It added nothing to their relationship. What did the Spider-Man history gain from it? 210 yr olds in 20 something old bodies, one a knockoff goblin, the other a what? Shot was so bad they haven't even been seen again.

Exactly what are you looking for in that relationship where Sins Past is a good story? :x

What does Bendis have to do with anything? :lol: He's only written the main Peter in Avengers titles for the most part. His legacy is ultimate Spidey, a different Peter Parker in another universe, which the movies are obviously adapting.

You guys mentioned some great scenes from WS already so I'll throw in the elevator scene with not-yet-Crossbones. Thought that was a solid little action scene.

One moment I liked in Civil War was when Tony has a little scuffle with Bucky and stops the bullet with his Iron Man glove.

Agree with you on both. The elevator scene is excellent, as is Tony vs Bucky with the Iron Man Glove. While it's a step back in terms of tech, I like that and think it's a smart move on Tony's part to make sure he's always got a piece of armor on him. It's also just nice to see characters like Iron Man, Batman, and Black Panther, who rely so much on tech, using less of it sometimes.
It's not slander. Its a **** story.

You liking it makes more sense about your dubious taste. Look at the comment, it made Peter's history with Gwen darker. How is that a good thing? It added nothing to their relationship. What did the Spider-Man history gain from it? 210 yr olds in 20 something old bodies, one a knockoff goblin, the other a what? Shot was so bad they haven't even been seen again.

Exactly what are you looking for in that relationship where Sins Past is a good story? :x

What does Bendis have to do with anything? :lol: He's only written the main Peter in Avengers titles for the most part. His legacy is ultimate Spidey, a different Peter Parker in another universe, which the movies are obviously adapting.

All of the above. I don't know where this fascination with taking lighthearted characters and making them darker has come from, but it's silly. How does Gwen Stacy having an affair with Norman Osborn improve her character, Peter's character, or even Norman's character in any way? How does either child randomly being thrown into the Spider mythos serve to stand on his/her own as a unique character? What do her children with Norman add to any of the relationships between those 3 characters? Gwen Stacy is long dead, so there's nothing more you can do with her. The children aren't Peter's, so all they become is another set of people that hate him. The role of Norman Osborn's child is already filled by Harry Osborn. Then then can't possibly say it'll make Peter hate Norman more, because that'd be a redundant goal seeing as how Peter's eternal hatred for Norman was cemented as soon as Norman threw Gwen off of that bridge, handing Spider-Man what remains as one of the biggest L's in his fictional history. The biggest things the story accomplishes is ******** over Peter's relationship with Gwen, by having her sleep with Norman, and ******** over his relationship with Mary Jane, by having her revealed as having known about the affair for however many years and never once mentioned it. Let's not even get into that scene of Spider-Man's DNA/blood beating up Norman Osborn's DNA/blood. Story was terrible on every level.

There's a reason this story is consistently ranked as one of the worst stories of its decade/Spider-Man's history. It's so bad that when Gwen was recently cloned and ranting about how Peter not telling her his secret identity was a betrayal no one mentioned Sin's Past.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom