WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

most of the replies i got when i asked was there were multiple steves running rampant :lol:

to an extent that could be true because they had multiples of each other seeing their past selves in EG, they already showed that it was possible

so it's not really "wrong" or can't fault anyone to assume that the cap that went back in time was separate from the one frozen but both also lived in the same timeline

Wait I'm not following. I keep seeing that Thanos' goal was to eliminate half of all life in the universe. Yes, technically. But wasn't the motivation behind that to create balance of resources, land, etc.?

With the snapped people being brought back does that not recreate the imbalance he originally sought to eliminate?
He created an imbalance by snapping half of all life

He was wrong. He expected ppl to thrive and be grateful and instead the exact opposite happened. He was an idiot basically.

Man I’m not buying it I know they wrote the movie lol but how the hell he come back to the main timeline if he lived in a self created alternate branch timeline. Even Banner said that’s not how it works, time is linear!

Wait I'm not following. I keep seeing that Thanos' goal was to eliminate half of all life in the universe. Yes, technically. But wasn't the motivation behind that to create balance of resources, land, etc.?

With the snapped people being brought back does that not recreate the imbalance he originally sought to eliminate?

Theoretically, if his only resolve was population control and not actually going to each nation and addressing societal imbalances, did he really succeed? I mean, yes the people that didn't have much resources may have more when 1/2 of the world was snapped, but the billionaires that survived the snaps more than likely would've became trillionaires/zillionaires right? Thanos knows the people of Earth don't all raise their own animals and grows their own vegetables right?

Another argument is that with 5 years worth of surplus in resources, 1/2 of the population coming back won't make things worst. Those who survived would just have to go back to living within prior means.

Man I’m not buying it I know they wrote the movie lol but how the hell he come back to the main timeline if he lived in a self created alternate branch timeline. Even Banner said that’s not how it works, time is linear!
I'm not sure if he ever said that time was linear

Multiple realities have been established. Hulk's conversation with the ancient one makes that clear. 'Giving you the stone will save your reality but it'd **** up mine!'

It’s linear in any single timeline...Go back into the past of timeline A and change something...Timeline A is unaffected but that change causes timeline B to form...

Bruce and the ancient one theorize that going back to that original convergence point in timeline A and fixing what was changed should negate timeline B and essentially erase it or “clip the branches” as Steve puts it...We don’t know if this is true because we don’t get to see Caps return mission...

I have a feeling they’ll play it that when Cap went back to replace the stones he found that no matter how hard he tried to “clip the branches” that things still changed causing even more fractures ~ alternate timelines...At least that’s what it looks like to me...

I'm not sure if he ever said that time was linear

Multiple realities have been established. Hulk's conversation with the ancient one makes that clear. 'Giving you the stone will save your reality but it'd **** up mine!'

their reality is linear. That’s how the ancient one depicted it so I’ll say it’s a live demo. so old Steve went into his own timeline and replaced everything, all kosher. The anti-BTTF sentiments they gave made it out like nothing would change if they did these things.

It’s linear in any single timeline...Go back into the past of timeline A and change something...Timeline A is unaffected but that change causes timeline B to form...

Bruce and the ancient one theorize that going back to that original convergence point in timeline A and fixing what was changed should negate timeline B and essentially erase it or “clip the branches” as Steve puts it...We don’t know if this is true because we don’t get to see Caps return mission...

I have a feeling they’ll play it that when Cap went back to replace the stones he found that no matter how hard he tried to “clip the branches” that things still changed causing even more fractures ~ alternate timelines...At least that’s what it looks like to me...

Ok I can accept this lol. Cap going back shouldve negated any possible branches and him simply staying in his own timeline wouldnt have changed anything. No?

I THOUGHT I HAD THE ANSWERS |l

Last edited:
I joke about the niece problem with the main timeline theory...But honestly my main gripe was that I couldn’t see Steve going back and not actively trying to fix other things like save Bucky or prevent Hydra from infiltrating Shield...

Since old man Steve is confirmed to be from another timeline it could be feasible that he did in fact do things like go save Bucky...

Ok I can accept this lol. Cap going back shouldve negated any possible branches and him simply staying in his own timeline wouldnt have changed anything. No?

I THOUGHT I HAD THE ANSWERS |l
We don’t have enough info to presume that’s how it works honestly...Bruce and the ancient one theorized that’s how it SHOULD work but we don’t know since they didn’t show anything from Steve’s return mission...

It's like Kevin Feige said once:

'People will tell you that they want ice cream until you give it to them everyday and they get sick of it.'

You think you need them but you don't.
giphy.gif

people were confused
it was thought that he possibly went back in time and stayed and lived out his life in the MAIN timeline that we've been watching
because when he was suppoesd to come back 5 secs he didn't show up at the machine but was already sitting across from them at a bench as old man Cap
old man cap already being there means that there were multiple Caps in our timeline
The cap we see in the movies, and off-screen, time traveler cap living with peggy

so now that they confirmed him going back and staying branched off another universe that multiple caps in the main timeline isnt a thing
he lived out his life in an alternate reality.. but now we ask how and when did he return to the main MCU timeline

yeah basically they setting up branch theories means they have the liberty to do virtually ANYTHING that they want
esp with the Fox characters now back in their control
can even go grab another timeline's prime Tony and Cap
Thanks

Movie had its pros and cons and I would honestly rate it lower than Infinity War. Time travel was a route they probably should've avoided.

Instead they should've opted to use some other plot convenience to bring back some of the 'heavies' like Panther, Spiderman, Quill, etc... and left some of the others permanently 'dusted' as there's a fair bit of over saturation with too many characters.

FWIW, they're bringing the dusted cats into a 'present day' that's 5 years ahead - are Hawkeye's family gonna be used to his 'bowl stud' hairstyle and ugly sleeve tattoo? What about the people who might've moved on?

Back
Top Bottom