Wrestling Thread 6/27-7/3 | 6/27 CM Punk Cuts The Best WWE Promo in the Past 10 Years To Close Raw

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif
 CM Punk

roll.gif

I'm back after my extended absense due to Yuku screwing up my log in info when the servers went down. New thread to be posted shortly.

I'm back after my extended absense due to Yuku screwing up my log in info when the servers went down. New thread to be posted shortly.

Went to the Adelaide house show that the Punk video is from last night. Was a pretty fun show. Crowd was a bit lackluster, but can't really expect much from a bunch of Aussies that have probably never been to a wrestling show in their lives.
Recap

Show started with the ring announcer talking about Punk's suspension, causing him to hit the ring and abuse the fans and Australia in general. He talked about how it was the 4th of July and he was stuck Down Under instead of drinking beers and eating bbq back in the U.S.

CM Punk Vs. Rey Mysterio - 1st match out of the gate, another great match between the two. Some good spots, Punk drew a lot of heat from the fans. Rey got the win via the 619. Winner Rey Mysterio.

Kelly Kelly & Beth Phoenix Vs. The Bella Twins - match started as a singles match between Kelly Kelly and one of the Bellas for the Divas Title, but they both attacked her before the match began, causing Beth to come out for the save. Bellas were about to leave, so the anonymous GM made the match a tag match. Was a pretty boring match, crowd was into it though. Winners Kelly Kelly & Beth Phoenix.

Jack Swagger Vs. Evan Bourne - Swagger drew A LOT of heat from the crowd, probably because he grabbed a kid's Evan Bourne sign from the front row, tore it up and threw it in the kid's face 
roll.gif
. The kid looked like he was about to hit him in the face, but a burly security was standing right there shaking his head at the kid. Match was really good, Evan showed off a lot of his high-flying abilities, did a really cool Standing Moonsault and ended the match with his Shooting Star Press. Winner Evan Bourne.

Dolph Ziggler Vs. Kofi Kingston for the US Title - Ziggler came out first, no Vicki, she must have been too fat to fit on the plane over. Kofi got one of the loudest pops of the night when he came out. Match was really good, both guys work well together and considering that this is probably the 8th time they've worked together in the last 7 weeks or so, they should. Winner Dolph Ziggler.

Matt McGillicutty(sp) & David Otunga Vs. Santino & Kozlov - Santino was pure comedy in this match, dude had the whole crowd on his side early. Kozlov came in after Santino was getting beat down & cleaned house. Otunga distracted the ref and was beating Santino on the outside, while Mr. Perfect Jr. hit a swinging neckbreaker on Kozlov for the win. Yes, you read that right. Winners McGillicutty & Otunga.

The Miz came out and delivered a great promo, bashing us Aussies for being stupid and talking weird. Claimed we were puppets and he could make us boo, cheer, laugh, whatever he wanted us to do. A-Ry ran out and attacked him leading to a message from the GM, stating that they would be having a street fight.

The Miz Vs. Alex Riley in a Street Fight - Great match, they came out into the crowd, even though a lot of people knew they would because they beefed up security while Miz was doing his promo. The kids in the audience went crazy and mobbed them as they tried to fight through the crowd. I don't think security was ready for that 
roll.gif
. They ended up back in the ring and for some strange reason a "We Want Tables" chant started 
laugh.gif
. After using a chair and kendo stick on one another, A-Ry went outside and obliged the crowd by grabbing a table from underneath the ring. He set it up in the corner and speared Miz through it to get the 3 count. Winner Alex Riley.

Truth came out and cut the best promo of the night, telling all the Lil' Jimmy's and their sisters (the Jenny's) and their fathers (the Big Jimmy's) that they smelt like doo-doo
laugh.gif
. A "What" chant started up and Truth killed it with the quickness.

R-Truth Vs. John Cena for the WWE Title - SuperCena came out and the Lil' Jimmy's went crazy. People love this dude. Probably the worst match of the night, it dragged on for so long, Cena sold for about 30 minutes, then had Truth up on his shoulders for the AA, but Truth held on to the ropes and they fell back into the ref, knocking him out. Punk ran down and attacked Cena, exposed the turnbuckle and threw Cena headfirst into it, then put Truth on Cena and threw the ref in the ring. Cena kicked out on 2, then went SuperCena, giving the AA to Truth. Punk ran in with the belt, but Cena ducked, then he gave Punk the AA and finished the match with the 5 Knuckle Shuffle on Truth. Winner John Cena.

Was a pretty good show, no Big Show or Del Swag though. Was pretty disappointed, because I wanted to see those two. But I did get the tickets for half price and I had the best seats I've ever had a wrestling gig so I can't complain. 
pimp.gif

Went to the Adelaide house show that the Punk video is from last night. Was a pretty fun show. Crowd was a bit lackluster, but can't really expect much from a bunch of Aussies that have probably never been to a wrestling show in their lives.
Recap

Show started with the ring announcer talking about Punk's suspension, causing him to hit the ring and abuse the fans and Australia in general. He talked about how it was the 4th of July and he was stuck Down Under instead of drinking beers and eating bbq back in the U.S.

CM Punk Vs. Rey Mysterio - 1st match out of the gate, another great match between the two. Some good spots, Punk drew a lot of heat from the fans. Rey got the win via the 619. Winner Rey Mysterio.

Kelly Kelly & Beth Phoenix Vs. The Bella Twins - match started as a singles match between Kelly Kelly and one of the Bellas for the Divas Title, but they both attacked her before the match began, causing Beth to come out for the save. Bellas were about to leave, so the anonymous GM made the match a tag match. Was a pretty boring match, crowd was into it though. Winners Kelly Kelly & Beth Phoenix.

Jack Swagger Vs. Evan Bourne - Swagger drew A LOT of heat from the crowd, probably because he grabbed a kid's Evan Bourne sign from the front row, tore it up and threw it in the kid's face 
roll.gif
. The kid looked like he was about to hit him in the face, but a burly security was standing right there shaking his head at the kid. Match was really good, Evan showed off a lot of his high-flying abilities, did a really cool Standing Moonsault and ended the match with his Shooting Star Press. Winner Evan Bourne.

Dolph Ziggler Vs. Kofi Kingston for the US Title - Ziggler came out first, no Vicki, she must have been too fat to fit on the plane over. Kofi got one of the loudest pops of the night when he came out. Match was really good, both guys work well together and considering that this is probably the 8th time they've worked together in the last 7 weeks or so, they should. Winner Dolph Ziggler.

Matt McGillicutty(sp) & David Otunga Vs. Santino & Kozlov - Santino was pure comedy in this match, dude had the whole crowd on his side early. Kozlov came in after Santino was getting beat down & cleaned house. Otunga distracted the ref and was beating Santino on the outside, while Mr. Perfect Jr. hit a swinging neckbreaker on Kozlov for the win. Yes, you read that right. Winners McGillicutty & Otunga.

The Miz came out and delivered a great promo, bashing us Aussies for being stupid and talking weird. Claimed we were puppets and he could make us boo, cheer, laugh, whatever he wanted us to do. A-Ry ran out and attacked him leading to a message from the GM, stating that they would be having a street fight.

The Miz Vs. Alex Riley in a Street Fight - Great match, they came out into the crowd, even though a lot of people knew they would because they beefed up security while Miz was doing his promo. The kids in the audience went crazy and mobbed them as they tried to fight through the crowd. I don't think security was ready for that 
roll.gif
. They ended up back in the ring and for some strange reason a "We Want Tables" chant started 
laugh.gif
. After using a chair and kendo stick on one another, A-Ry went outside and obliged the crowd by grabbing a table from underneath the ring. He set it up in the corner and speared Miz through it to get the 3 count. Winner Alex Riley.

Truth came out and cut the best promo of the night, telling all the Lil' Jimmy's and their sisters (the Jenny's) and their fathers (the Big Jimmy's) that they smelt like doo-doo
laugh.gif
. A "What" chant started up and Truth killed it with the quickness.

R-Truth Vs. John Cena for the WWE Title - SuperCena came out and the Lil' Jimmy's went crazy. People love this dude. Probably the worst match of the night, it dragged on for so long, Cena sold for about 30 minutes, then had Truth up on his shoulders for the AA, but Truth held on to the ropes and they fell back into the ref, knocking him out. Punk ran down and attacked Cena, exposed the turnbuckle and threw Cena headfirst into it, then put Truth on Cena and threw the ref in the ring. Cena kicked out on 2, then went SuperCena, giving the AA to Truth. Punk ran in with the belt, but Cena ducked, then he gave Punk the AA and finished the match with the 5 Knuckle Shuffle on Truth. Winner John Cena.

Was a pretty good show, no Big Show or Del Swag though. Was pretty disappointed, because I wanted to see those two. But I did get the tickets for half price and I had the best seats I've ever had a wrestling gig so I can't complain. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom