X-box 360/PS3... which one do you recommend and where are the best deals?

I own both and use my xbox much more. For all I care, I use my PS3 console as a decorative item and use the controllers for pcsx on my Mac. It also depends on what games you like to play because I like the xbox controllers because of their triggers for racing and shooting genres. PS3 is cheaper in terms of online but it doesn't offer a user friendly experience as the xbox can. You cam get the 12 month xbox live starter kit for $50. Anyways I say if you want to play online go with what consoles your friends have. Make sure they have mics too. If they don't it just defeats the purpose of online play IMO. For deals check new egg, amazon and browse slick deals. Also check craigslist if you don't mind buying a used one.

Originally Posted by Animal Fries

I was in the same dilemma as you last year but after doing research, PS3 has a much more diverse and expansive gaming library in terms of exclusives.. owns more first party studios than microsoft ( they mostly get 3rd party studios and get them in contract).. therefore , more support for exclusives in the future. The biggest reason for me getting the PS3 was the free, online play. Blu-ray is a nice addition as well.

As for bundles/pricing, ever since black friday, it's been pretty common to see deals where a store will give you a $50 gift card along with the PS3. If I were you and have time, I'd just look on slickdeals.net daily

This basically.
Sony are pumping out exclusives because they own so many studios. The list of exclusives coming soon for the PS3 is far more than the 360, plus it's all about kinect games to them these days.

Back
Top Bottom