∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
I was going to do that too...Then I remembered Vince Vaughn’s character angle :sick:...
Do it for Stan
mjcry1.png

Vince acted the hell out of the part honestly...Not taking anything away from him...Just the material he had to work with was god awful...

"My grandfather told me you can discover everything you need to know about everything by looking at your hands. I've been looking at mine all my life, every day since I was 5, and you know what I've just realized? They're ****ing feet."

Hol up man what Wayne son do with the address? He gave to his snow bunny side piece?

And I thought Wayne was faking with his condition to get some info to see if that was the girl.

Last edited:
If Marshala and Deacon Frost has season 1 story with their backgrounds on the show.
Good season not as epic as season 1 but better than 2.

If Marshala and Deacon Frost has season 1 story with their backgrounds on the show.
Good season not as epic as season 1 but better than 2.
My thoughts exactly. I actually re-watched season one before this so my expectations were rather high, but I was not terribly disappointed by the acting or plot. His wife is BAD too:pimp:

Awww man he’s taking work with the murdoch empire... that sucks but I guess he’s gotta warm s check.

The Tao of Roland West. :pimp: Whoever put this supercut together didnt add ep 8’s beautiful moment of West callin’ Junius a cyclops mother ******.

Had some down time this month and went through each season in consecutive weeks.

S1 some of the greatest television I’ve ever seen. Rust Cohle was well written, exceptionally performed by MM. Tremendous villain reveal in episode 7. That stash house scene looked like one continuous shot. Just incredible television. Loved that the ending wasn’t really happy since there were still others in that video that will never be caught.

S2 was bloated. Lazy way to write off Colin’s character (he wouldn’t still be riding around in that charger or going to visit any family after being on the run for weeks/months & now with $1 mil in his trunk). They never dove deep into Taylor Kitsch’s military background, and him essentially choosing to walk into a potentially fatal ambush over coming out as gay is absurd. A lot of Vince Vaughn’s lines were also written terribly.

S3 was a great return to form. Ali & Dorff had great chemistry. Dorff’s character had some great lines :lol: I’ve loved Carmen Ejogo since she played Coretta Scott King but her character was infuriating at times :lol: she spent a large chunk of the season completely oblivious to how the case affected Wayne. Also at the end I can’t believe Wayne didn’t record something for himself the day prior write more hints on that paper to jog his memory before he went to go see Julie. Didn’t line up with his character at all. Otherwise, exceptional portrayal of how difficult these cases are to deal with.

Deborah Ayorinde tho. My god. I need her.

S4 probably not happening until 2020 at the earliest but I’ll be tuned in if it gets the green light.

S4 probably not happening until 2020 at the earliest but I’ll be tuned in if it gets the green light.

It has to be a go right?

Like you said, S1 at is a the top of the genre. This past season was a return to form.

They have something with the anthology format. Take the time in between seasons. Deliver good work. It could never get old.

They should be able to deliver that content every 2 - 3 years. When they get greedy and try to move too fast for the profits is when we get S2.

It has to be a go right?

Like you said, S1 at is a the top of the genre. This past season was a return to form.

They have something with the anthology format. Take the time in between seasons. Deliver good work. It could never get old.

They should be able to deliver that content every 2 - 3 years. When they get greedy and try to move too fast for the profits is when we get S2.
Completely agree

S4 is up to HBO if they want to proceed since Nic has signed a new deal with FX productions. His first project will be “Redeemer” reuniting with McConaughey (also signed FX deal) who will be starring.

“Redeemer” will center on a former minister-turned-dissolute security guard (McConaughey) who must confront his past while searching for a missing woman in Texas that leads him to a dangerous criminal conspiracy. “Redeemer” is based on Patrick Coleman’s debut novel “The Churchgoer,” which was published in 2019.

Link

S4 is up to HBO if they want to proceed since Nic has signed a new deal with FX productions. His first project will be “Redeemer” reuniting with McConaughey (also signed FX deal) who will be starring.

“Redeemer” will center on a former minister-turned-dissolute security guard (McConaughey) who must confront his past while searching for a missing woman in Texas that leads him to a dangerous criminal conspiracy. “Redeemer” is based on Patrick Coleman’s debut novel “The Churchgoer,” which was published in 2019.

Link

McConaughey was all I needed to see. IN.

IMO with HBO Max it would be a good idea.

I might go back and watch the first three seasons.

Back
Top Bottom