∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
people legit HATE season 2 of TD :lol:

I enjoy it for what it is, I don't associate Season 1 with Season 2, if you compare it then of course this is a let down but can you say you don't enjoy it as a stand alone show?

probably better off just watching 7 episodes on Sunday then go right in the finale

serious because this season is all over the place but I enjoy it

Season 1 -10/10

Season 2- 7/10
Agree 100% with this

I was nervous that Ani's ex partner was also crooked but I think he's good people.. right? 
nerd.gif

I have a theory that anytime a character in a show talks about future plans (having a baby, "we're gonna leave an build a life together", etc.) then it's ALWAYS something effed up that happens, if they dont die.

have you guys read the made up Vince Vaughn as Frank Semyon quotes on reddit? pretty funny stuff:

"Some people say it's not the size of the boat but rather the motion of the ocean. Well guess what, Ray? I can't even swim. Never even had a bath."

"Early bird catches the worm, right? Well, from where I'm standing, Ray, it's just a plumper dish for the night owl."

Who makes up worse intellectual quotes, Frank or Dom from F&F? Dudes have a "clever" saying for every situation :lol:

best part of those ridiculous quotes is a) the quotes in the show are still more ridiculous and b) the first response is always, "Caspere knew this."

one more:

"If you're not interested in me it means you aren't interested in a guy that is not bad looking, expressive, and can deal with adversity and come out on top anyway. So if that's truly the case, then well ok maybe possibly I over-estimated your ability to notice that, or I haven't conveyed my qualities well enough. Caspere knew this."

best part of those ridiculous quotes is a) the quotes in the show are still more ridiculous and b) the first response is always, "Caspere knew this."

one more:

"If you're not interested in me it means you aren't interested in a guy that is not bad looking, expressive, and can deal with adversity and come out on top anyway. So if that's truly the case, then well ok maybe possibly I over-estimated your ability to notice that, or I haven't conveyed my qualities well enough. Caspere knew this."
This quote sounds inspired by that infamous text exchange from the TAY 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

^ it is.

Some funny stuff from a 4chan thread:

"I really hope Pizzolatto brings on a writing team for season three, the dialogue this season has me apoplectic."

and:

"the line 'caspere knew this' was never actually said in the show.

caspere knew this."

If Mcnoghey delivered that line I bet you buy it.

Vince Vaughn and Riley have been a disaster, every scene they are together feels like watching some obtuse expirimental foreign film without the subtitles. :lol:

I agree, as mentioned prior the writing is a bit over the top, and the delivery is just as important. Vaughn is alright, just not capable of delivering on this sort of script.

Season overall has been a 6 out of 10, they could have easily condensed the first few awful episodes into two.

I cringe at least several times per episode this season. I do hope the finale is a good one.

Last edited:
it's not even Vince's acting because I think he has been fine, it's the terrible dialogue they feed him which is supposed to be quotable which they are but in a really mockingly bad way

Does anyone feel like Ray has been channeling his inner Rust Cohle in his post mustache time? Like he looks more gaunt, more broody, his voice seems lower, and just overall more darker.

Not shade, but the most entertaining thing about this season has been watching the people in this thread try to spell "Matthew McConaughey."

The recap on page 37 was super helpful. Granted i think it told me the ending on who the birdman was :lol:

But either way the reason this season has been bad (not overall, overall its a good watch) is because of the story line. They just name drop people and i have no clue who is who and who is doing what and why and when.

Like there is way too much going on the story line is way to frayed. One episode before the finale and we find out that the bank robbery in 1992 is the catalyst for almost everything. Like that part of the story just dropped out of no where and now these kids are some how really important.

Whenever I imagine an inspirational quote from Frank, he always delivers the punchline after he takes a sip of coffee and looks up :rofl:

Early bird catches the worm, right? Well, from where I'm standing, Ray, it's just a plumper dish for the night owl.
"Some people say it's not the size of the boat but rather the motion of the ocean. Well guess what, Ray? I can't even swim. Never even had a bath."
"When I was younger, my uncle Rick took me to the batting cages every two weeks or so. I feel like I'm in the batting cages now, but someone's locked me in the cage and taken my bat. The only question left is, do I catch the balls, or do I dodge them?"
"Life's a pinata. Caspere knew this. Sometimes you're the one swinging the bat, and sometimes you're the one left scrambling for the last pieces of candy."
"This mother hen routine, it's pugnacious given what I gotta do. Wake up, chickadee.. we kissed the golden goose.. nothing hatched but I'm still here counting eggs."

aye the first season thread had 2888 posts., more than double of season 2. :wow:

but it was the fan theories that carried that thread :lol: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom