*★*Official Chicago Bears Thread*★* return of the Monsters of the Midway 4-1 (2-0)

we all had high hopes for our team last year and for everybody that made it thru last year it just let us know we are not who we thought we was.............yet

big moves so far this offseason

signing mike martz as our new offensive coordinator

signing DE julius peppers to a 6 year deal

signing RB chester taylor to a 4 year deal AND away from a div team

signing TE brandon manumaleuna to a 5 year deal

dont really see us making anymore moves as far as FAs i really wish they would have went after boldin but i understand why we didnt

other needs we should be looking to upgrade ASAP either thru FA's and or the draft

OL,DB,WR in THAT order

jay that was your free year you have no more of them you have more then 15 ints next year you may find it hard to breath with my hands around your throat

same goes to the WR core

oh yea mike i understand you dont really use TEs in your O other then blocking well you better change something to fit olsen in or change him to a damn WR that is all
laugh.gif

bears fans, thoughts on martz taking over the O?

i have never really been a fan of his, but do you think he can help out with play calling/ improve cutler?

If Olsen is traded I'll be one sad Bears fan. What is the trade value for Olsen if we wanted a draft pick? Is he worth a 1st round pick?

Not surprised one bit that this was made POST big signings....last year's was post Cutler trade too I believe.

Except a few (aRog) NT Bears fans are fairweathers, I tell ya.
smh.gif

jpz i believe you better go take a look at that thread and see when it was made before you start running your mouth again cuz i made that thread waaaaaaaaaaay before that trade happened idk if it was late jan or early feb but it was before that trade i know that

and the only reason it was made so late tihs year was cuz i knew i wouldnt be able to update it like last year(for the 1st few months) and was hoping somebody else would start it

and i hope your not trying to say im one of the fairweather fans i made the last bears thread and was updating it when it seem like i was the only one posting in it at times

you just mad that when AP starts fumbling again(and we all know he will) you wont have somebody good to take over
laugh.gif

If Olsen istraded I'll be one sad Bears fan. What is the trade value for Olsen ifwe wanted a draft pick? Is he worth a 1st round pick?

we could get a laaate 1st round maaaaybe at best but i know we could get a good 2 i believe

We still need a S, OL, and WR.

I'd prefer Atogwe and Bowe...not entirely sure but I know Bowe was in Haley's dog house this season and weren't on good terms. I think we could grab him with a 3rd.

[h3]Peppers can't stop smiling[/h3]

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Here are a few quick observations from Fridays super-sized press conference at Halas Hall.
[*]Julius Peppers rarely stopped smiling. Who can blame him?

[*]Peppers said Lovie Smith's visit to Charlotte onThursday night made a nice impression, and helped make his decision tocome to Chicago a little easier.

[*]Peppers downplayed the idea of being viewed as a savior. He just wants to be another piece of the puzzle here in Chicago.

[*]Jerry Angelo made it clear Chester Taylorhas not been anointed the Bears new starting running back. Angelosaying the pecking order will be determined by performance on the fieldand the coaching staff.

[*]Angelo briefly touched on the team’s pursuit for asafety, saying the organization felt this route -- defensive end,running back -- was a better choice.

[*]-Peppers said he has no preference when it comes toplaying left or right defensive end. Smith also was coy about Peppers’position, saying "we'll keep all of their options open."

[*]Taylor mentioned trying to be a "Marshall Faulk type back" in Mike Martz's offense, and likened quarterback Jay Cutler to Brett Favre. He also said the ability to play against the Vikings twice a year factored into his decision.

[*]Are tight ends ignored in a Mike Martz offense?"Sometimes," Brandon Manamaleuna said with a straight face before theroom erupted into laughter.

damn jpz i know you dont like the sound of that
laugh.gif

I'd prefer Atogwe and Bowe...not entirely sure but I know Bowe was inHaley's dog house this season and weren't on good terms. I think wecould grab him with a 3rd.
dude would lose his job if he let a player like that get away for only a 3rd..............but i wouldnt mind taking him off they hands for that price
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

[h3]
[h3]Bears turn focus to college pro days[/h3]
CHICAGO -- With much of their free agency work already completed, the Bears can continue preparations for next month's NFL draft. The next layer of player evaluations takes place at different college pro days across the country, where scouts -- if necessary -- can go in for another look.

Here's a list of notable pro days for the upcoming week, courtesy of NFL.com:

[*]Monday, March 8: Utah Player to watch: Robert Johnson, FS, Utah: At 6-foot-2 and nearly 200 pounds, Johnson projects as a center field-type in zone coverage. Although his man-to-man coverage skills have been questioned, Johnson had 13 interceptions over the last three seasons, six in his final year at Utah. That should be music to the Bears' ears, since they only got one pick (Danieal Manning) from the safety position in 2009.

[*]Tuesday, March 9: Oklahoma, Missouri, Auburn, Indiana Player to watch: Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana: The Bears showed a lot of interest in Saffold during the week of the East-West Shrine game. A left tackle at IU, Saffold is a quality athlete with excellent feet for a big guy. If Frank Omiyale remains at left guard, adding a young tackle to the mix like Saffold would be a smart move. Many project Saffold as a second-round selection, but if he makes it out of Round 2, the Bears may pounce.

[*]Wednesday, March 10: Alabama, California, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland Player to watch: Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama: Jackson may not having blazing speed, but he's known as a very sound coverage guy, with decent size at 5-foot-11 and 192 pounds. He left school a year early after starting his first three seasons in Tuscaloosa. There is a chance Jackson does not last until the third round, but he certainly has many of the intangibles Lovie Smith looks for in cornerbacks.

[*]Thursday, March 11: Nebraska Player to watch: Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska: Jerry Angelo has done plenty of homework on Asante, who started three years at Nebraska, and played one season in the same defensive backfield as current Bears starting cornerback Zack Bowman. Asante did not run well (4.63) at the combine, and some question if at this point he possesses enough strength to be an immediate impact player at strong safety. Still, Asante has plenty of ability, and might be an intriguing option in the fourth round.

[*]Friday, March 12: Arizona, Michigan, Ohio State, Purdue, TCU Player to watch: Marshall Newhouse, OG, TCU: Marshall showed his versatility to play several spots along the offensive line during East-West Shrine practices. Some scouts think he might be better off moving inside to play guard, where he can best use his size and strength. It's always a luxury to draft a lineman who can line up at either guard or tackle if necessary.
[/h3]

whats the chance ANY of these guys fall to us?
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Not surprised one bit that this was made POST big signings....last year's was post Cutler trade too I believe.

smh.gif

Oh yeah, every other NFL team has 20+ pages of offseason chatter. Bears fans are so fairweather and lame. Get out of here with that. Bears fans arent that excited cause they know teams arent built in March, they are built in April through the draft. Sure, a team might have a chance to make a big splash with a signing or a trade but real long term success has to come from the draft. The Bears are gonna have a crappy draft. Unless by some miracle they pick up a couple draft picks and Jerry Angelou isnt making the picks.
Take your hate to the Vikings/ Brett slurping thread...

I'd like to see Olsen traded for a second rounder but I'm almost certain that the best they'd be able to get for him is a third. Me personally, I think they should go with a safety, but that O line still scares the hell out of me, and to think that if they did try to do something through the draft it wouldn't pan out for a few years still.

I can't wait for the new NFC North trash talk thread this year so you fools can talk up a storm and under-achieve like usual.

The Peppers signing is a nice move though
pimp.gif

Now all we need is Brandon Marshall..

Not possible since hes tendered.
I'd like to see Olsen traded for a second rounder but I'm almost certain that the best they'd be able to get for him is a third.
I heard the best offer they have heard for him is a 5th or 6th rounder which is pretty much a waste.  I'm not sure what they should do with him.

Dwayne Bowe in a Bears uni would be nice
nerd.gif

By the way, what happened the last time you gave a Carolina Panther player big $?

81449447.jpg

Dwayne Bowe in a Bears uni would be nice
nerd.gif

By the way, what happened the last time you gave a Carolina Panther player big $?

81449447.jpg

I believe Moose was on the team that went to the SB

ohwell.gif

Chicago gave around 25 million to Muhsin and he was outplayed that year by Bernard Berrian who was on his rookie contract at the time...

The Bears would have reached the SB without Muhsin Muhammad in 2006. It was all about the defense.
%#%@, ya'll got to the Super Bowl with the dinosaur as your quarterback...

rex-grossman-super-bowl-media-day.jpg

It's all whatever now though. 
laugh.gif
I was just pointing out the Carolina factor which I found ironic.

smh.gif

pshhh stop hating... its still bball season g. I aint a fairweather but Knicks for me >>> Bears. Im still a fan year round though, and i be lurking in the thread, but i post more during the season
nerd.gif

^ How's that Best QB/RB combo coming for you by the way?

Dan Pompei from the Chicago Tribune -
Taylor may have low miles on his odometer, but he will be 31 inSeptember. In dog years (which also could be known as running backyears) that's 217.

And Taylor already is showing signs of decline, according to two scoutswho studied him. Last year, for the first time in his career, heaveraged less than four yards per carry.

His teammate Adrian Petersonaveraged nearly a full yard per carry more (4.4 to 3.6) with the sameline. And running behind an inferior line in a dysfunctional offense,Matt Forte had the same average per carry Taylor did.
Division rivals' players breaking down FTW
5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1.gif

Back
Top Bottom