☆☆☆☆ - VACATION SPOTS - VOLUME 2010--- Post PICS, ADVICE, PRICES...etc ☆☆☆☆

So I thought about starting a thread for people to get ideas and share experiences on vacation spots.
Last year, I went to Aruba 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 with my gf so if anyone is interested PM me and I'll let you know what I know.

I'm not sure where to go this summer but my gf has been throwing the idea of going to Greece (below). Anybody been before? Where are the nice beaches and where to stay?
glasses.gif

Boracay bound in 5 days
pimp.gif
  Still got 2 more weeks of vacay time this summer so I'm open to recommendations as well

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Boracay bound in 5 days
pimp.gif
  Still got 2 more weeks of vacay time this summer so I'm open to recommendations as well
I get the sense that you have to be from the phillipines to vacation there... don't even know where to begin. Saw pictures and it seems nice.

always wanted to do a eurotrip, but i aint got enough money for it without half-assing the trip.

might take a trip to miami over summer

Anywhere in the Mediterranean gets my vote.. A warm beach that's also not in the continental U.S. gets my vote also.

Might be going to Aruba actually for spring break in April...everyone that has been there likes it.

Last year I went to Grand Cayman, great trip.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Boracay bound in 5 days
pimp.gif

I enjoyed that place when I went to the Philippines 10 years ago.

Considering going to the Bay Area this summer, but I gotta finish school and get my degree first.  I have a lot of other options as well.

Boracay in the PI last year was awesome.. Great beaches, weather, food, locals, etc. Also a plus is i spent a fraction over there than what I wouldve spent @ other high end resorts

Originally Posted by anabolic dunk

Boracay in the PI last year was awesome.. Great beaches, weather, food, locals, etc. Also a plus is i spent a fraction over there than what I wouldve spent @ other high end resorts

good to know.  I'm probably gonna go near broke for all my fam with their hands out, I just wanna chill somewhere beautiful without having to spend a grip

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

GAME OVER. Planning it with the boys next summer.
HOUSE MUSIC. EURO WOMEN. YACHT. PARTIES. SUN. WATER

[/font]

trying to go somewhere this summer.
thinking about cancun but open to suggestions as well

Where: Aruba
Duration: 4 or 5 nights

Hotel: Radisson 
pimp.gif
 (HIGHLY recommended for service and ocean space)

Cost: ~ $1000/person.... including plane, hotel, food and activities (wave runner, ATV tour, snorkeling around ship wrecks)

Pros: Beautiful island, nice people, calm vacationers, lots of activities to do, good food, gorgeous waters.... basically if you like a calm island as opposed to an overpopulated one where locals haggle you all over the place, this is the island for you... I really recommend the Radisson BTW.

Cons: Nothing in mind really

Waters: The clearest I've been to so far

ATV tour of the entire Island... took around 3 hrs (or more)... so worth it. you can rent one ATV for the two of you.

On the ATV route with some other folks

This is the view as you descend on the ATV towards the natural pool there...

You can also get a tour on these things... but don't. The people on there were so envious of us as we passed by them.

Natural pool

View from our balcony

Cuban cigar galore...

Snorkeling... good times

Getting my Cousteaux on.

Aruba is only $1000? I was looking for vaca spots last year and I'm pretty sure Aruba was more then that.

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

Been looking into Tahiti

I would love to go to Tahiti but I don't have around $4000 laying around to spend on where I want to go.
laugh.gif

Went to Puerto Rico last summer and it was beautiful.

But all these other vacation spots are better. Just don't have the funds for it right now.

going to Mexico for 6 weeks

while im there im going to puerta vallarta all inclusive with my family...about 15 heads are going
laugh.gif

it's going to be
pimp.gif

I went to Greece on my honeymoon this past September.
Santorini was beyond amazing, Oia was nice but gets too touristy.  Imeroviligi was a place on Santorini we'd definitely go back to.  Athens had to be done because it's Athens.  I wouldn't go back there aside from some attractions I didn't see.  We were only there for 2 nights, which was long enough.

Crete has THE most amazing beach I've ever been to.  It's in the southwestern corner of the island.  We drove to it (driving in Crete, compared to say, the States is like the Indy 500.  I'm doing what is close to 80-85 MPH and being lapped) and it was a beautiful drive.  Pictures wouldn't do it justice.

Cost - I don't remember, I do recall airfare was ridiculously cheap when we copped (round trip was less than 1,000 for the both of us).  Accommodations get to be a bit higher because you're talking Euro (dollar wasn't doing well, either) and "high season". 

We only brought 500 Euro and only used credit cards for dinners (if accepted).  We came back with 4 in Euros.  It was close.

Here are some shots my wife took...some random, etc, but this is all I have on my work PC:

c5115b4068d0ff79b8367a4abcccd0273b56c40.jpg
dc71554461dafe7b0cf06b8178dcdb9045d06f1.jpg
47d1564e6bd9f771fe8f7b11e0f53bb39967917.jpg
9a535ac84f7463acdeb4f39e7391ed69a90b105.jpg
1c6253e4ec6c8d56fe074da676851d896b3632c.jpg
f401554b68d6f3787778624f2272162623e386e.jpg
56c256d43b6c7d88f5478ee7ca86cfa347f4481.jpg
6983534b4e0d62a9d8b1f6f27003e160fd5c54a.jpg
eb01574f64d0ff7f25422084d1395f3f326c2d0.jpg
5733592d4edd62bbd679fc5178c26236e553699.jpg

Originally Posted by cocolicious

Aruba is only $1000? I was looking for vaca spots last year and I'm pretty sure Aruba was more then that.
Yeah around $1000 per. We booked in advance which I'm sure made a difference. 

theHBkid wrote:

[/font]

GAME OVER.�Planning it with the boys next summer.
HOUSE MUSIC. EURO WOMEN. YACHT. PARTIES. SUN. WATER

[/font]

looks dope
pimp.gif

reminds me of entourage season 4 finale...

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Lazy---- How did you go about booking your trip? The pics look amazing.
We were deciding between Spain and Greece.  Ultimately, the airfare sale (Delta...ATL to Athens) led to the final decision.  I have a relative whose very familiar with Greece so I had gathered information from him a while back.  Then my wife and I just opted to look into tripadvisor and lonely planet.  She had actually been to Greece before (not all the same Islands, but had spent a day on Santorini) so that helped.

You book directly w/ the owners of the Apartments.  Some will cut you a deal, especially if you're far in advance. Less deals during high season.  We stayed in a total of 4 places throughout the two weeks. 

Broken out as:

We flew from SF (early AM) to ATL, ATL to Athens, Athens to Santorini - LONG @+% day(s).  We basically crashed after we got some great food by the place we stayed in Santorini.
-Oia was the first place we stayed on Santorini - I think the Oia Castle? I'd have to look it up.
-Imerovigli was the 2nd, and our favorate place in terms of hospitality, service, privacy, etc.  We were able to walk along the cliffs to Fira, couldn't quite walk back to Oia, which was fine since we stayed there originally.
-From Imerovigli we headed to Crete by speed-ferry.  They ran 2 hours late. This resulted in us porting in Crete and running for a bus in which we had NO idea where it was (and it was the last one of the night).  Fun times on your honeymoon. We made it barely, literally with two mins to spare as I acted like a moron with our backpacks so my wife could catch up with the tickets she hurriedly bought.  Long bus ride got us to the place we stayed on Crete which was the old port of Chania, which we'd stay at again if we go back to Crete. 
-Crete was awesome, we didn't get to do the Somaria Gorge because of weather, but we'd definitely go back JUST to do that. I've heard nothing but good things.

On Crete the aforementioned beach (see pics below).  I don't think anything else need be said other than I almost lost my wedding band in the sand shaking out a towel.

From Crete we went to Athens (Athens Gate hotel).  Hotel was decent, for Athens probably even good...that picture with the smoke from the first post is from where we ate breakfast at that hotel.  From Athens, back to ATL and back to SF another long travel day...but so worth it.

More pics:
9f715c496fdff3775ef1c681b4aa251712a5238.jpg
36325a244064fd9dfe67b87d619cfdc6f608aaf.jpg
14535e4045a06df7d64bf3a471c9bdf49acc511.jpg
b3525794ec6a6d9bf6474a541ced24fa25c2827.jpg

Good looking out Lazy. I need to get my gf to start researching for the Greece trip... She's been on point with that over the years... No need to mess up a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom