♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which was the bigger play to the downfall? The Bapes and other shoes basing off of the AF1 silhouette or SJBoy?

Forces fell off because they started super mass producing them and over-saturating the market. I remember a time when you had to get to the store early to get all white forces(and other coveted colors) before they sold out,
just like Jordans today. I read an article that said Jay Z paid $500 for a pair of all white mids around that same time. No matter what, Forces will never be played out to me.

this. they used to have like 2-3 releases a month and they were usually a solid color w/ a color accent. when they started dropping 100s of colorways a year and stopped using the good leather around 05-06 is when things weren't the same anymore. cant say i ever saw lines for white/whites tho.

word, white on whites had release dates.
drug dealers had their girls workin at foot locker to make sure they didn't miss any.
white on white AF1s were excluded on 50%s

owwwww, Foralltoenvy goin hard 8)

90236928c00c11e2a19522000a9f126b_7.jpg

LOL, Jim had to take the pic outside LV at the plaza
isn't he banned for life from Louis?

id be wearing it for the lulz :lol:

So it is more of a hipster "ironic" thing than a Camron fan thing.

that's better than he deserves, he fell off.

Last edited:
If my friends came around rocking that cam shirt, they wouldn't hear the end of it. All Day Roast Session i swear! 
nthat.gif

I still only like og colors but these aint too shaby

Ochocinco rockin the solarsofts

Skyler diggins in roshes

Drake wit split roshes

Keef

Ol boy that did pump it up in the red force maxs

Just blaze then n now lol

Which was the bigger play to the downfall? The Bapes and other shoes basing off of the AF1 silhouette or SJBoy?

I'm going to say that AF1 was trending upward in popularity circa '03-'04 and BAPE rode that wave with their overpriced knockoffs along with having Pharell sport Bapestas everywhere. Going back to your question, Soulja Boy killed Bape but Nike 'killed' AF1 (for a time) by over-saturating the market with patent leathers, inside outs and far too many 'concept' type sneakers. Damn near everything for the XXV anniversary was a 'concept' sneaker - tribal print mid-soles, rolled edges, faces on the sides of shoes, etc... Then you had 100+ styles of the AF25 too - it was just too much 'Air Force' all at once.

Black/Black & White/White Lows & Mids have had atrocious quality for the last 9 years thanks to the plastic leather - customers would complain to us regularly about them. Nike must not give a damn though as they continue to put them out regardless.

Last edited:
^^^'

I was going to mention this.

The 25th Anniversary celebration was tragic.
TOOOO many....

i think when it was all set and done it was over 60-70 colors in 1 year...

had they stretched out da releases a bit they could've actually did it ite...

some of em HEAT though, and i believe, in a few years they'll be sought after by enthusiasts...

but most people could've keep up with all of em, hell i can't even remember 90% of em.

TOOOO many....

i think when it was all set and done it was over 60-70 colors in 1 year...

had they stretched out da releases a bit they could've actually did it ite...

some of em HEAT though, and i believe, in a few years they'll be sought after by enthusiasts...

but most people could've keep up with all of em, hell i can't even remember 90% of em.

i still remember that year cuz thats when I graduated HS. SO MANY damn colorways lol. The AF 25 they released that year was ugly imo

^^^^^^^^^^The only people i know that copped those are the same cats that have every color 6" timb EXCEPT wheat

Young

Bonus. Young natural nicki :smokin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom