♪♫♫♪♫ Wes Duce - The Truth Mixtape OUT NOW ♪♫♫♪♫

bumped this all the way to school
the truth and should've known better, heat fam
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Solid..... could be better, but as you said it's your first tape so that's a good look.

Half on the Intro
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wes Dizzy

Yo... I been out of town this week kid and the internet was kinda suspect
laugh.gif

I'll be back with a review of course, but let's bump this post in the meanwhile.

Just wanted to come through wit a quick review.  

The best songs IMO...

New Generation - Verse 2 is on point kid.  I'm feelin how the rode the beat on this joint.  

The Truth - That clip from the Wire is beyond perfect lol... I love that scene.  "When just last year... they was laughin at the kid."  Mayne... I recall a few years ago when you posted them first freestyles LOL.  Granted, some of them were hilarious 
laugh.gif
, NT was goin in on you kid.  You flipped the script on em wit this joint tho.  And God Jewels... always entertaining on the mic.  Quotables for days.  Great feature.  Dope track.

Should've Known Better -  This joint is fly.  Flu... I heard it through the grapevine you done wit this @#*$?  !%% N'... I'ma need for you to reconsider that.  I'ma have to hit you up lol.  

OYH - I'm feelin your confidence on this joint.  Swaggin on the track.  Hook is hilarious lol... this my jam right here.   "Switch up.  Get it, got it, homie I picked up...new flow.  Numero Uno, the nip tuck.  Now sit up, while the verse just gets ripped up."  
pimp.gif

I Wonder -  Wes, what you kno bout all these soul samples youngn? 
laugh.gif
  "But these A&R's can't think with the right logic."  You'll soon see it's really even worse than you think it is smh.  I love the lyrics on the hook.  I think every artist or musician can relate.

Talk To Me - Heard this last year, and it's still for sure one of my favorite songs of yours.  Anyone without a pops knows how that @#*$ goes.  All of the verses are real.  I didn't kno Nemesis did this joint... shout to him.  He always got some heat.  

Finally Arrived - Heard this one last year too, and I'm still lovin it.  This is too dope to NOT be your swan song.  Which leads me to....

Constructive Criticism...

Outro - OK, I see what you were tryna do... but this track is gonna get skipped regardless
laugh.gif
.   He coulda hit us with "I Have A Dream Pt. 2" in that speech, and the fact that it's Chris Crocker just cancels out whatever words he said.  

Also, watch the doubles and how the delay put on them clutter your vocal sometimes.  Occasionally it sounds like there are 293893 of you on the song, for example on Should've Known Better.  

You've come a long way man.  What I appreciate the most is your subject matter is appropriate, and you ain't tryna be one of these millions of faking %*! N's in the game, making up @#*$ 
laugh.gif
.  Your verses on quite a few of these tracks are extremely candid...Talk To Me for example.  It's one thing to be your age, and to be able to effectively handle some of those emotions.  It's a whole nother game when you have to organize those, and articulate them, let alone on a track.  My lil brother is 14, and I often joke with him about how his generation has no hope in general, because these lil kids these days are 
ohwell.gif
.  Luckily for you, you're clearly ahead of the curve.  Proud of you lil homie... keep it up.  

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Solid..... could be better, but as you said it's your first tape so that's a good look.

Half on the Intro
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Appreciate it.

smokin.gif

This dude Wes trying to get have police at a brotha's door with the underage girls on camera
laugh.gif
Good stuff though my dude. Performance was pretty good for your first one.

LOL Wes you gotta long way to go on you performance skills.

Wasn't bad at all for your first.

Back
Top Bottom