“Black kid hugging cop” from famous photo killed by adopted mothers

Do they (families that adopt) ask for a specific gender or race? Or do they just say they want to adopt a child and they're matched with a child? Srs question I have no idea how the adoption process works.
I'm not familiar with the process but I would assume you would have that option. Let's be honest here, it's sort of like buying a pet. You know what you want [age, sex, race] and apply for that. Nobody is just accepting whatever is available.

I hardly see Black families adopting White kids . They would probably have to jump through hoops to get one

I don't think most black families would even feel comfortable doing that. Society wouldn't be ready to see two black parents walking around with a white kid. The public would feel uneasy, and best believe wherever they go they will be interrogated. Nobody has time for that.

I would agree with you about it being a long process if a black couple did choose to do that.

No clue man. No clue. I’m not white, nor have I ever adopted.

As long as they’re good parents, anyone of any color can adopt whoever IMO. There will always be challenges with adopted kids—some due to simply being adopted and some due to cultural/identity issues. But a good parent is a good parent. The less kids in foster care the better.

So true. I don't think I'll ever do it, but props to those who genuinely want to do. It's sad how many kids have to go through that kind of stuff.

if you watch the video OP posted the neighbors said devonte came over asking for food cause the adopted moms wouldnt feed them as a punishment. :smh::smh::smh::sick::sick::sick:

the neighbors calls child protective services as well.

Know some folks who adopted so I know a tiny bit about the process.

From what I understood you can't really specify exactly what you want. Being very specific leads to it being harder for them to match a kid to you. Instead they got what was essentially a check list. IIRC race didn't matter for them, they were more specific towards age. At the end of the day, social workers aren't finding a kid for you, they're finding a home for the kid.

I don't think it's right to think of adoption as "shopping" for a child, but I'm not going to say that it doesn't happen.

Last edited:
I always wonder WHY white families decide to adopt black kids. Why a BLACK kid? Is it done out of white guilt? Why?

Yes, a kid getting adopted is a wonderful thing.

We have a community in Philly called Mt Airy. In that community most white folks are very eclectic and most work from home. The community also has alot of same sex couples (mostly lesbians) but there are also couples that are into some strange things, kinks etc. From the outside it looks cool but once you get to know the community you'll start saying wtf is wrong with these people.

I say all this because these people love adopting black children. Adoption is a beautiful thing but these kids grow up and turn out crazy 90% of the time. I'm not talking that simple i grew up with white people crazy. I'm talkin legit crazy. Twitchy, confused, jumpy, never clean or kept. Some of them need actual assistance to function as adults. When you see these kids in public you can see something is wrong with the situation on some Get Out type business. And considering how crazy the community is behind closed doors alot of folks just wonder when **** is going to hit the fan.

I swear some of yall always stay pointing the finger and do absolutely **** to help the problem.

Be a contributing factor or shut the **** up.

We have a community in Philly called Mt Airy. In that community most white folks are very eclectic and most work from home. The community also has alot of same sex couples (mostly lesbians) but there are also couples that are into some strange things, kinks etc. From the outside it looks cool but once you get to know the community you'll start saying wtf is wrong with these people.

I say all this because these people love adopting black children. Adoption is a beautiful thing but these kids grow up and turn out crazy 90% of the time. I'm not talking that simple i grew up with white people crazy. I'm talkin legit crazy. Twitchy, confused, jumpy, never clean or kept. Some of them need actual assistance to function as adults. When you see these kids in public you can see something is wrong with the situation on some Get Out type business. And considering how crazy the community is behind closed doors alot of folks just wonder when **** is going to hit the fan.
You do know that can be because of the child’s health issues and other things because of the birth parents.

I imagine it is hard for a black kid, or any kid, to be secure with his/her identity when they are raised by something they aren't.

You do know that can be because of the child’s health issues and other things because of the birth parents.

At first glance yeah I would consider that but after the time I spent in the community for school, work etc. I've had countless convos with other people talking about the shady things that go on in that community. Folks prey on adults and children out there and its a spoken issue but its difficult to raise the flag for many people involved with it. I'm not saying that there aren't legit cases of health issues but for it to be so rampant within a demographic and considering the other issues in the community I have to question it.

Last edited:
Obviously it appears that these 2 women did this on purpose. But do you feel like good people that adopt multiple children are doing so like they’re rescue animals? Or would those kids be better off in and out of foster homes? Just curious.

I'd be willing to bet it was one of the chicks who's responsible. Hard to believe that if there was some sort of suicide pact they would do it via driving off a cliff.

The driver is probably the responsible one IMO.

Heartbreaking story.

In reference to the adoption, I don't feel any sort of way about mix-raced adoption as long as the children are going to good homes. Good parents are good parents. Simple as that.
I understand your POV but it is never that simple when dealing with the upbringing of a black child.

I would rather them have a good parent (regardless of race) of course, but the upbringing portion of it is never "simple." (Not implying it is with ANY child)

I understand your POV but it is never that simple when dealing with the upbringing of a black child.

I would rather them have a good parent (regardless of race) of course, but the upbringing portion of it is never "simple." (Not implying it is with ANY child)

If you're a good parent who goes the mixed-race adoption route, teaching your child to be proud of WHO they are as well as teaching them to embrace their background is essential. There's a lot to be learned on both sides of the coin from both the parent and child perspective. However, at the end of the day, I don't judge. It's good to see kids who may have fallen through the cracks or become a statistic in the system, be brought up in good environments with caring parents.

If you're a good parent who goes the mixed-race adoption route, teaching your child to be proud of WHO they are as well as teaching them to embrace their background is essential. There's a lot to be learned on both sides of the coin from both the parent and child perspective. However, at the end of the day, I don't judge. It's good to see kids who may have fallen through the cracks or become a statistic in the system, be brought up in good environments with caring parents.
Through your words and actions, this is true.

However, the confusion happens when the child "discovers" that the parent shares the same pigmentation of the institution that has raged war against him/her.

Not saying ALL white people are evil/corrupt.

But this CAN definitely confuse a child and is the reason why I say it isn't as simple as, "Be a good parent."

Yeah I’m all for kids having the right guidance.

I’m not for them being paraded around like a novelty.

I was working in some ladies office and she was a white. And she kept asking me questions about my heritage and such. Well she kept on making these obvious motions towards her top shelf in her office, and I seen it when I walked in but paid no attention. It was 4 (I’m assuming) Filipino kids she adopted. It annoyed me how she kept trying to use Tagalog words. And kept on referencing the Philippines. Btw she looked like Hank Hill.

Sounds intentional given their history, but who knows. They sound like terrible parents regardless.

Obviously it appears that these 2 women did this on purpose. But do you feel like good people that adopt multiple children are doing so like they’re rescue animals? Or would those kids be better off in and out of foster homes? Just curious.

No, don't be obtuse. The context with regards to this situation clearly frames what I explicitly said.

Unstable young white adults adopting 6+ black children and proceeding to abuse and possibly murder them is suspect as hell.

It's silly to try and extrapolate my comment to apply to any good person who adopts multiple children, even if it was out of honest curiosity.

In answering your final question, the children would have categorically been better off in any foster home than dead at the bottom of an ocean.

I hate this current time we live in. Feels like there's no relief from the bombardment of terrible news caused by terrible people.

"We're already in hell, our dumb asses not knowing" -Tupac Shakur
It's just positive news is never headlined, the public wants shock and awe and the news feeds it to us.

Plus, most people are too cynical for any positive stories anyway. People are just accustomed to cup half-full.
True and it's mostly a first-world issue.

This story is depressing man. I keep looking at the photo of the kid and the cop. It kills me.

Back
Top Bottom