∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
mpbh4v6biua21.gif

wow.png
wow.png
wow.png

giphy.gif

i mean is like hoyt and his daughter have pedos come thru to **** julie in the pink room?

or hoyt and his daughter molesting her personally?

She's constantly divulged all of the information she has to Hays though. She's even pointed Hays in the right direction a few times when he didn't know to look there. Truth be told, she's much less suspicious than even Roland. Yeah he feels empathy towards Tom but that doesn't mean he wasn't involved in a cover up. But I think people need to remember all the crazy theories they had about season 1 and it ended up being pretty much what the things on screen told you they were and never the greater conspiracy everyone on the web hoped it was ("It's Alexandra Daddario! I don't trust her or her teddies!")

I know Pizzolato (sp?) is more aware of that internet conspiracy culture and how it's a big part of the viewing experience, but I still think it'd just be bad story telling to pull out a huge twist at this point. There aren't enough bread crumbs to go there all in the finale. It pretty much has to be what it is currently, with maybe a Memento like twist about him forgetting something important about the crime or his family or Roland not really helping him in the present timeline and him just manifesting a sidekick to make sense of his fragmented mind.

I have a feeling people will be disappointed with the lack of twist though.
Nah, I absolutely agree. Even at the time with just what we saw in the first two episodes, Amelia seemed kind of pie in the sky as a reveal just based off how this show tends to reinforce a lot of the simple explanation of things. Almost think Nic, being so aware of the Internet, subverts it by basically handing us all the clues and details to lead to a pretty expected explanation. People were disappointed in the way season 1 ended because of the lack of that big twist. I’m hopeful that viewers have learned that’s probably not what we’re going to get here.

I do think they threw a lot of red herrings out there like Amelia’s deep involvement in the case to throw people off the scent and to give Twitter and messageboards something to riff on. Part of what made season 1 so great was the opportunity to speculate with wild twists and reveals.

I have to rewatch, but this season falls right below 1 for me.

I don’t think it’s a pedo ring. Seems too obvious and a rehash of S1. We’ve been led to believe that’s what it is, but sometimes the “facts” are right in front of us. As in, the Hoyt family used Julie to replace Isabel’s dead daughter, and Lucy sold her off unbeknownst to Tom.

If it lines up with S1 timeline wise, i think it is a pedo ring. They kidnap these kids at a young age, raise them, then turn it into human trafficking/prostitution.

I don’t think it’s a pedo ring. Seems too obvious and a rehash of S1. We’ve been led to believe that’s what it is, but sometimes the “facts” are right in front of us. As in, the Hoyt family used Julie to replace Isabel’s dead daughter, and Lucy sold her off unbeknownst to Tom.

That’s where I’m at with the whole thing too...

If it lines up with S1 timeline wise, i think it is a pedo ring. They kidnap these kids at a young age, raise them, then turn it into human trafficking/prostitution.

Why kill Will ? why not just take him also

Think this might have been a sick way to make a new family for Hoyt broken daughter

thats what i was trying to say earlier if its a pedo ring is it for other pedos or hoyt/his daughter?

if its not pedos is it just to replace the dead daughter/granddaughter?

If it’s to replace the granddaughter and that’s it, I’m throwing the remote through the tv...

Also, people actually recommended The Sinner after this? :lol: that **** is trash. 5 episodes in and I can’t take anymore. It’s going no where...

If it’s to replace the granddaughter and that’s it, I’m throwing the remote through the tv...

Also, people actually recommended The Sinner after this? :lol: that **** is trash. 5 episodes in and I can’t take anymore. It’s going no where...

S1 of The Sinner was such a waste of my time. Hated it. Never even thought twice to give season 2 a shot.

Yea the 1st season of the Sinner ran outta gas as it went on and the 2nd was just weird and terrible

Yea unless they reveal that they ran off together to live as a "family" or something, the replacement grand daughter wouldnt make much sense...like u just gon be living in the same area that u took a child from and ppl are looking for like its all good?

So I was watching season 1 and woodys character was talking about writing after he left the force and wanted to name the title “true crime”.
That’s the same name of the show they are interviewing ali’s character on...”true crime”
Wonder if that girl has any relation...she looks like woodys daughter from the first season

Last edited:
im hoping julie wasnt just kidnapped to be a replacement daughter and i honestly dont think that really fits

first off, why wouldn't they just adopt? and why would they discard julie after less than 10 years? you figure she would be raised to be one of them instead of ending up out on the street. it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

i'm thinking it's a pedophile ring. that's how it is with a lot of these cases, it's not just one boogeyman but a network of wolves in sheeps clothing.

Back
Top Bottom